PDA

View Full Version : REPUBS JUST WILL NOT STOP LYING!

Gayle in MD
12-09-2011, 07:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We’ve corrected Republican candidates on this point over and over, to little effect. Former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson claimed that “we’re borrowing 43 cents out of every dollar” in a debate on Sept. 22. Former Sen. Rick Santorum put the figure at 42 cents in a debate on Aug. 11. Rep. Michele Bachmann had it at 40 cents in a debate on Oct. 11.

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">According to CBO’s most recent Budget and Economic Outlook, issued after the debt deal was enacted, the figure will be around 27 cents for the current fiscal year, barring any changes in current law. And the Treasury Department’s own projections (Table 2, page 3) are a bit more optimistic, putting the figure at 26 cents on the dollar for all of fiscal 2012.

Either way, anyone who says the government is spending 40 cents on the dollar is using long outdated information, trying to make a bad situation look even worse than it is. And the 41-cent figure is just wrong. This year, we’re borrowing more like 27 or 26 cents of each dollar spent, depending on which projection is used.

</div></div>

http://factcheck.org/2011/11/junkie-math/

llotter
12-09-2011, 08:11 AM
in 2011, the deficit was $1298 billion and spending was $3601 billion and therefore 36% had to be borrowed. The 40% figure was derived from estimates as high as $1600 prior to the end of the fiscal year. your chart are for future estimates and may not be realized so it is over reach to call it a lie.

eg8r
12-09-2011, 08:58 AM
All future estimates made by the CBO are built on static figures. The CBO estimates are rarely if ever correct. If someone wants to use their numbers and be honest about it, they should go into the past a good ways and see what the estimates were for 2009. Were they below the 40% mark? 2010? 2011? If the projected amount was higher then I would be humbly surprised.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-09-2011, 03:03 PM
Lemmesee.
I borrow, from my left pocket, for every dollar in my right pocket.
And i borrow from my right pkt for every dollar in my left pkt.
And the % rate for borrowing iz, iz, iz -- i dont care what it iz -- they are my pants -- and whats in my pants stays in my pants.
mac.

cushioncrawler
12-09-2011, 03:07 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Bz0AU5_dWQ&feature=player_detailpage

cushioncrawler
12-09-2011, 03:09 PM
white-eared elephant
Drunken male party trick, in which the player imitates an elephant by pulling out his two trouser pockets - the ears - and exposes his penis - the trunk.

In between the vodkas and the vomiting, Charlie was sure the waitress would enjoy seeing his white-eared elephant.

cushioncrawler
12-09-2011, 03:18 PM
IT WOZ BUSHES FAULT.
http://i1035.photobucket.com/albums/a432/cushioncrawler/bush.jpg

llotter
12-09-2011, 03:49 PM
in 2011, the deficit was $1298 billion and spending was $3601 billion and therefore 36% had to be borrowed. The 40% figure was derived from estimates as high as $1600 prior to the end of the fiscal year. your chart are for future estimates and may not be realized so it is over reach to call it a lie.

Soflasnapper
12-09-2011, 07:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">in 2011, the deficit was $1298 billion and spending was $3601 billion and therefore 36% had to be borrowed. The 40% figure was derived from estimates as high as $1600 prior to the end of the fiscal year. your chart are for future estimates and may not be realized so it is over reach to call it a lie. </div></div>

Sure, that's correct, and fair.

However, the FY2011 has now been over since Sept. 30th. These future estimates you are talking about are happening right now.

So calling for revising numbers as of 'now' is not misplaced. The older quoted numbers are for a defined period now 2 months plus nearly two weeks in the past.

At a minimum, these attackers should change the tense of the verb to the past, or explain exactly why they claim it is still on-going into this new fiscal year, the numbers that exist to the contrary.

Soflasnapper
12-09-2011, 07:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All future estimates made by the CBO are built on static figures. The CBO estimates are rarely if ever correct. If someone wants to use their numbers and be honest about it, they should go into the past a good ways and see what the estimates were for 2009. Were they below the 40% mark? 2010? 2011? If the projected amount was higher then I would be humbly surprised.

eg8r </div></div>

CBO's errors go in both directions, sometimes getting the deficit wrong by overstating it, sometimes getting it wrong by understating it.

In the mid-'90s, CBO thought there would be no balanced budget until 2002. It showed up some 4 years earlier, and by 2002, it was long gone.

eg8r
12-09-2011, 08:54 PM
Thank you for doing your part to agree with me.

eg8r

Stretch
12-09-2011, 10:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">white-eared elephant
Drunken male party trick, in which the player imitates an elephant by pulling out his two trouser pockets - the ears - and exposes his penis - the trunk.

In between the vodkas and the vomiting, Charlie was sure the waitress would enjoy seeing his white-eared elephant.
</div></div>

Mac haha, gotta love those drunken parlour gags. This is a good one too. Announce "have you ever wondered how a one armed man counts his change?" turn around and stick your hands down your pants with your index finger sticking out of the fly. Turn back and say"like this!" with a handfull of change in your other hand down by your crotch rumage through the change with your finger. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Cracks them up everytime. lol St.