PDA

View Full Version : 'Factually Wrong And Morally Wrong'

Qtec
12-10-2011, 02:18 AM
This what you get from the CU decision.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Elizabeth Warren Blasts Karl Rove-Linked Crossroads GPS Ad As 'Factually Wrong And Morally Wrong'</span>

Massachusetts Senate candidate Elizabeth Warren struck back at former Bush White House senior adviser Karl Rove Thursday, after an ad by the Rove-linked group Crossroads GPS attacked her for overseeing "bailouts that helped pay big bonuses for bank executives while middle-class Americans lost out."

"Congress had Warren oversee how your tax dollars were spent, bailing out the same banks that helped cause the financial meltdown, bailouts that helped pay big bonuses to bank executives while middle-class Americans lost out" says the narrator in the ad, referring to her position as chair of the congressional oversight panel on the Troubled Asset Relief Program.

Crossroads GPS attacked Warren, a professor at Harvard Law School who has long advocated for financial reforms, last month for being too close to the Occupy Wall Street movement, directly contradicting the group's most recent ad suggesting that she is too close to Wall Street.

"I can't find the right words to describe how wrong that is. Factually wrong and morally wrong," said Warren of the ad to the Boston Herald. "Karl Rove is not telling the truth, and I think anyone who is not telling the truth shouldn't be running ads in this race," she continued.

"Karl Rove was part of the inner circle when President Bush pushed for TARP bailouts," she added. "Now he's using Wall Street money to attack me for being too cozy with Wall Street? I was calling out Wall Street over the TARP bill from the beginning."

Warren also appeared on MSNBC's "The Last Word" Thursday night and was asked about the ad. "I knew that Wall Street was going to come after me with everything they had. They want to make sure I'm not the next senator from Massachusetts. But it seems like the strategy now is the kitchen sink strategy. You know, throw anything you can at her and let's see what happens," she said.

Warren's panel wrote scathing reports about how the Treasury Department implemented the program. One report hit the Treasury Department for taking "no steps to use any of [the $700 billion rescue package] to alleviate the foreclosure crisis," and that "raises questions about whether Treasury has complied with Congress' intent that Treasury develop a 'plan that seeks to maximize assistance for homeowners,'" according to ABC News.

She criticized bank bonuses in March 2010: "I do not understand how it is that financial institutions could think that they could take taxpayer money and then turn around and act like it's business as usual," she said. "I don't understand how they can't see that the world has changed in a fundamental way, that it is not business as usual when you take taxpayer dollars." </div></div>

Amazing. Typical Rove. He always tries to attack opponents on their strong points.

This time it won't work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A scathing new report by a congressional watchdog panel blames the Treasury Department for failing to track how banks are spending taxpayer money provided through the government's $700 billion financial rescue package, also known as the Troubled Asset Relief Program, or TARP.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>The panel, which has been charged with overseeing TARP and is led by Harvard Law professor Elizabeth Warren, said in its report that it "still does not know what the banks are doing with taxpayer money."</span>

By investing in banks that have refused "to provide any accounting of how they are using taxpayer money," the Treasury Department has "eroded" public confidence, the report stated.

The panel also asked whether the Treasury Department, which has allocated more than $350 billion from the rescue package so far, failed to comply with Congress' instructions to tackle the country's foreclosure crisis.

The department took "no steps to use any of [the $700 billion rescue package] to alleviate the foreclosure crisis," and that "raises questions about whether Treasury has complied with Congress' intent that Treasury develop a 'plan that seeks to maximize assistance for homeowners,'" the report said.

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>"I'll be perfectly blunt with you, I'm shocked that we have to ask these questions,<u> but what I will say is I'm not giving up on this," Warren told Chris Cuomo</u> in an exclusive interview today on "Good Morning America."</span> </div></div>

That's why they fear her.

Q

Gayle in MD
12-10-2011, 05:15 AM
Repigs are all such stinking liars.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Warren's panel wrote scathing reports about how the Treasury Department implemented the program. One report hit the Treasury Department for taking "no steps to use any of [the $700 billion rescue package] to alleviate the foreclosure crisis," and that "raises questions about whether Treasury has complied with Congress' intent that Treasury develop a 'plan that seeks to maximize assistance for homeowners,'" according to ABC News.

She criticized bank bonuses in March 2010: "I do not understand how it is that financial institutions could think that they could take taxpayer money and then turn around and act like it's business as usual," she said. "I don't understand how they can't see that the world has changed in a fundamental way, that it is not business as usual when you take taxpayer dollars."

</div></div>

Repigs are such stinking LIARS.

This is the woman our president wanted in place to protect the citizens of this country from corporate corruption, the very act that Repigs fight to keep available to their corrupt corporate bribers.

Hence, the RW Lie Machine, reverses reality, throwing out the accusation of the very thing that they themselves, do relentlessly.

It's a mystery to me, how anyone can justify voting for these pigs.

G.

eg8r
12-10-2011, 01:06 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amazing. Typical Rove. He always tries to attack opponents on their strong points.
</div></div>If you want to win you need to go after someone's strong points. LOL common sense qtip, something at this point in life you are not going understand.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-10-2011, 02:28 PM
Rove is not doing something that obvious.

He's doing something very counter-intuitive.

It isn't just that he attacks the strong points of the opponent. He picks their strong points where his candidate has weak points, as a distraction.

It shouldn't really work. Bringing up the subject ought to bring his candidate's weaknesses in this area to the forefront of the voters' minds. I believe that in the proper campaign advisors' hands (for his opponents), that is exactly what would happen, and his constant go-to tactic would backfire.

Hasn't really backfired yet, but mainly in my view that is because the Democrats play to the Villagers, and the Villagers' concept of fair play, etc., do not allow answering in kind, or full-throated counterattacks, period. Too shrill, and harshes the mellow of the cocktail party circuit salons they run, doncha know?

Problem for Rove and Co. in this case-- Ms. Warren doesn't play by the Villagers' rules or standards, as she is not from there, nor has she been there long enough to absorb that worldview.

My guess is that Mr. Freshman Senator Scott Brown will be pole-axed, take a 2x4 upside his head (speaking figuratively), and go down for the count, as Ms. Warren soft-speaks her grandmotherly but devastating truth about WHO HAS COLLECTED THE MOST FROM THE FIRE SECTION? (Finance, Real Estate, Insurance-- = Wall Street?)-- Yep, that's right-- Sen. Scott Brown.

eg8r
12-10-2011, 03:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rove is not doing something that obvious.

He's doing something very counter-intuitive.

It isn't just that he attacks the strong points of the opponent.</div></div>qtip said Rove was attacking the opponents strong points. It is only common sense to do so.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-10-2011, 03:37 PM
But the full account of what Rove does is that he goes after the opponent's strong points where his own candidate is weak, and hopes his own side's weaknesses are not thereby made more prominently part of the discussion.

It's far from obvious, and more than a little ballsy. I think it requires a controlled media to work, or a controlled opposition party to work. Otherwise, all it would do is open up that line of attack on his own side, which seems never to happen, which would seem impossible.

eg8r
12-10-2011, 04:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the full account of what Rove does is that he goes after the opponent's strong points where his own candidate is weak, and hopes his own side's weaknesses are not thereby made more prominently part of the discussion.
</div></div>Again, you keep pointing out his genius.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-11-2011, 11:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">But the full account of what Rove does is that he goes after the opponent's strong points where his own candidate is weak, and hopes his own side's weaknesses are not thereby made more prominently part of the discussion.
</div></div>Again, you keep pointing out his genius.

eg8r </div></div>

His EVIL genius is fairly well admitted.

Shouldn't really work, though. That it does is not due only to his scheming, but something about the deep power arrangements in the media, that plays along.

eg8r
12-11-2011, 07:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">His EVIL genius is fairly well admitted.
</div></div>LOL, you were not even the loser and still have hard feelings for coming up short. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I guess you don't like being outsmarted. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
12-11-2011, 08:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Again, you keep pointing out his genius.

eg8r

</div></div>

Genius! LOL Lying scumbag more like.

Q

eg8r
12-11-2011, 10:19 PM
LOL, you are jealous that he is successful.

eg8r

Qtec
12-12-2011, 02:32 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, you are jealous that he is successful.

eg8r </div></div>

Berrnie Madoff was successful, until he got found out.

In this case, Rove has produced Ad ad that is a total lie and you seem to agree with him.

How does that fit in with the Ten Commandments.

Q.........?

eg8r
12-12-2011, 08:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Berrnie Madoff was successful, until he got found out.
</div></div>Sounds like your example went to crap dillhole. He isn't very successful if he got caught.

Now you are getting away from what you said which was..."typical Rove attacking his opponents strong points". You now see how stupid you were for stating that since that is "typical" for anyone to do. You always attack your opponents strong points. Now if you don't like the subject of your thread to get sidetracked then don't make stupid comments in your post. I rarely comment on the subject of your simply because you are a copy/paste whore and never offer your own opinion. This thread is a good reason why you shouldn't. The second you open your mouth you prove to be the idiot everyone believes you already are.

If Rove lied then fine that is wrong and I disagree with him lying. I do not disagree with him attacking his opponents strong points which is what you acted like was a terrible thing to do. I guess for you it is better that you just shut your mouth and do what you do best, copy/paste and let others do thinking/talking for you.

eg8r

Qtec
12-13-2011, 05:36 AM
Yes I understand that, but you don't attack them with a pack of lies if you have an ounce of decency in you.

Watch (http://vodpod.com/watch/15799741-daily-kos-elizabeth-warren-unloads-on-karl-rove-for-new-dishonest-ad)

Warren, 10 times smarter than Cantor/McConnell and Boehner put together.

More integrity in her left ear lobe than Rove has in his entire body.

The Q is, do you think its ok that anonymous 1%ers are financing attack ad's to influence an election , that are totally full of lies?

Is that the America you want?

Berrnie tells it like it is. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dunpDNMgpbw)

Q

eg8r
12-13-2011, 08:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes I understand that, but you don't attack them with a pack of lies if you have an ounce of decency in you.
</div></div>I agree. Why didn't you say that in the first place?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Warren, 10 times smarter than Cantor/McConnell and Boehner put together.
</div></div>Statements like this just make the person stating them look even dumber. Quit talking about who is smarter, it is obvious you are not even near enough a level to even begin to compare them.

eg8r

Qtec
12-15-2011, 08:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Statements like this just make the person stating them look even dumber. Quit talking about who is smarter, it is obvious <u>you are not even near enough a level to even begin to compare them.</u>

eg8r </div></div>

LMAO. As if YOU would know. LOL

Its obvious even to a moron that Warren is 10 times smarter than they are. That's why they fear her so much.

Q

eg8r
12-15-2011, 09:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LMAO. As if YOU would know. LOL
</div></div>Well, you have proven over and over you don't understand what "control" in Congress means. You have proven you cannot graph simple data? You basically have proven that every time you open your mouth and use your own thoughts you look like an idiot. Stick to copy/paste and let the people with brains talk for you.

eg8r