PDA

View Full Version : Christmas road trip....

eg8r
12-12-2011, 04:11 PM
So, the family is going on a road trip to see snow. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Probably sounds dumb to those people who see it every year and have to shovel it and what not but I am a south florida boy and my kids have never seen snow (well a little last year for a couple minutes). This year our intentions are to drive to Pigeon Forge and hang out for a week being tourists and playing in the snow.

Should the time come (day after Christmas we leave) and there is no snow in Pigeon Forge, what recommendations do you have? We are pretty much open to anything that would include driving to get there. The entire trip is from the 26th to the 2nd (preferably coming home on the 1st). We have talked about D.C. since my family hasn't been there but snow is a requirement.

So, throw out your suggestions if you don't mind.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-12-2011, 05:47 PM
Where's Pigeon Forge? Close to Valley Forge?

If you want snow, I think there are mountains in Georgia where it can be found, which would be the closest to any part of Florida for that experience.

eg8r
12-12-2011, 06:25 PM
Pigeon Forge (http://www.mypigeonforge.com/)

It is located in Tn. There are some great things to do there no matter what the season.

Georgia is one option but it is something that we have done in the past (just not during the winter). Stone Mountain is actually pretty cool with a fair amount of stuff to do and see but it is expensive for what you get. I am sure there are other areas so I will continue looking.

eg8r