PDA

View Full Version : TurningStone-- how many of these a year?

Soflasnapper
12-19-2011, 10:06 AM
Seems like Rodney just won this thing (I watched it streaming), and now apparently Shane VB just won it (which I watched streaming again, thanks to a heads up from RJ).

But this is all about a couple months apart???

So, guessing, they have these all the time? Every couple of months? Or what? (Or was the key the roman numerals, which changed?)

Don't get me wrong. Free streaming is great, the commentary is great, the production values great-- but how did it happen twice in 3 or 4 months?

Eric.
12-19-2011, 11:44 AM
Twice a year.

The Joss tour has their "mid season event" and "end of season" event. The mid season Turning Stone event is in August and the year end is in December.

Eric

Rich R.
12-19-2011, 01:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twice a year.

The Joss tour has their "mid season event" and "end of season" event. The mid season Turning Stone event is in August and the year end is in December.

Eric </div></div>
For whatever reason, the August event is really the Joss Tour finale. The December event is the mid season. This year it really got confusing because the August event was pushed to September.

Joss schedule.
http://www.joss9balltour.com/schedule.asp

Soflasnapper
12-20-2011, 10:56 AM
Thanks for this explanation. Which is still confusing! But I'm settling down a bit, and can now predict I will avoid my typical violent outburst. (Close one, though! LOL!)

Eric.
12-20-2011, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twice a year.

Eric </div></div>
For whatever reason, the August event is really the Joss Tour finale. The December event is the mid season. This year it really got confusing because the August event was pushed to September.

Joss schedule.

</div></div>

Doh! Good catch, Rich.

August is a nice month for upstate NY. I'm loosely putting it on my calendar for 2012.

Eric

Rich R.
12-20-2011, 12:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rich R.</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Eric.</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Twice a year.

Eric </div></div>

Joss schedule.

</div></div>

Doh! Good catch, Rich.

August is a nice month for upstate NY. I'm loosely putting it on my calendar for 2012.

Eric </div></div>
The exact date for the August (September) event is not on the Joss schedule yet. When it is announced, I will check with my social secretary to see if we can put it on our calendar.