PDA

View Full Version : Fox Runs Wrong Footage of Ron Paul Win

Qtec
12-20-2011, 03:17 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When presidential nominee Ron Paul gave an interview to Bill Hemmer on Fox News after Paul won the 2011 Conservative Political Action Conference (CPAC) straw poll, he was probably expecting a congratulatory occasion. When the show opened with a crowd booing at the announcement that Paul had won, he and viewers may have scratched their heads.

To rub it in, the host commented that the hisses were "probably not the reaction he was hoping for "

Turns out, the footage was actually from the 2010 straw poll announcement. Paul had also won that year. However, at the 2011 event the crowd cheered riotously for the candidate rather than hectoring him.

This was a "mistake" that once again led to Fox News almost deliberately skewing American information, and therefore opinion, towards their agenda and less towards "facts".

Hemmer later apologized, calling the incident an "honest mistake." watch (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xpoTJoPBHk&feature=related)

</div></div>

You decide. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=alkG4eQMAt4)

Q

Soflasnapper
12-20-2011, 10:22 AM
There can no longer be doubt that Fox trims the truth towards falsehoods quite often, and it must be deliberate, since the errors always go in one direction.

The only question remaining is will the Fox fans admit this flaw in their idol news source, and will they think it is fine, or complain? (For now, denying the existence of the deliberate lying is the position I've seen from them.)

cushioncrawler
12-20-2011, 02:17 PM
Fox & Co iz a team sport. Winning iz everything. It dont matter how. And if Fox & Co looz then its eezy to lie and say that Fox & Co won or didnt looz or something or anything.
mac.

eg8r
12-20-2011, 05:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This was a "mistake" that once again led to Fox News almost deliberately skewing American information, and therefore opinion, towards their agenda and less towards "facts".
</div></div>See what I mean about your intelligence going up when you shut your mouth and let others do the talking? LOL, they correctly used the word "skew". I guess you bolded it to show you learned your lesson.

I think this is funny. At least they did not show a crowd booing the wrong person. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

Qtec
12-21-2011, 03:03 AM
Does a chart not depict information?

When I used the word skewed, I meant that the chart was ,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">skew (sky)
v. skewed, skew·ing, skews
v.intr.
1. To take an oblique course or direction.
2. To look obliquely or sideways.
v.tr.
1. To turn or place at an angle.
2. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>To give a bias to; distort.</span>
adj.
1. Placed or turned to one side; asymmetrical.
2. <span style='font-size: 26pt'>Distorted or biased in meaning or effect.</span> </div></div>

Maybe I should have said, "the chart is bias and distorted", but I think everyone <span style='font-size: 17pt'>BUTYOU </span>got what I was saying.

So who is the dummy?

Q

eg8r
12-21-2011, 09:59 AM
LOL, maybe you will listen to sofla. When you are talking about charts there was nothing skewed. Again, why are you looking at the definition of "skew" when referring to a chart? You really are a stubborn ignorant. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Skew when referring to data on a chart has NOTHING to do with misplacing the data point. It has nothing to do with manually manipulating the data point to show it in an incorrect position. How are you this stupid?

eg8r

ugotda7
12-21-2011, 03:24 PM
So who exactly is Fox?

Qtec
12-22-2011, 11:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I think this is funny. At least they did not show a crowd booing the wrong person. \:\)

eg8r </div></div>

The Q is, was it deliberate?

Q

Soflasnapper
12-23-2011, 10:17 AM
It's the second time they've done this to Ron Paul, iirc.

Unless this incident is the older one.

When all their 'mistakes' run one way only, they are not mistakes.

eg8r
12-23-2011, 03:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's the second time they've done this to Ron Paul, iirc.

Unless this incident is the older one.
</div></div>So you are going to just throw out something you "think" just because it is negative towards Fox?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
12-23-2011, 06:05 PM
Ok, i(didn't)rc.

It was the previous one. Would have seen that had I clicked through.

I'm unabashed to bash Fox, which deserves this and more. The network is run as a private jihadi political attack dog, for elderly viewers.