PDA

View Full Version : Kim Jong-Il's last words...

Soflasnapper
12-21-2011, 01:00 PM
"Don't let that madman Gingrich get his hands on a nuclear weapon!"

--tweeted by Andy Borowitz

llotter
12-21-2011, 01:37 PM
God only knows where he might decide where to drop the next one.

eg8r
12-21-2011, 09:36 PM
LOL.

eg8r

Qtec
12-22-2011, 06:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let us pause, for a moment, to remember the sporting life of Kim Jong-Il, the North Korean leader who died Saturday.

He excelled at golf and bowling — you might say he was a natural at both, if reports are to be believed.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>In his very first golf game in 1994, Kim finished an 18-hole round of golf at 38-under par — over the 7,700-yard championship course at Pyongyang, according to state media. Kim was in a zone, recording five holes-in-one (some reports have the number as high as 11).</span> Another legend had him bowling a perfect 300 in his first attempt at the sport, but that one may have strained the bonds of credulity to the breaking point.

His interest in soccer and basketball were better substantiated. He offered coaching advice during the 2010 World Cup, communicating with coach Kim Jong-Hun via invisible cellphone. “Jong Il is said to have developed the technology himself,” the coach told ESPN.

In the women’s World Cup this summer, the North Korea coach said his team lost to the United States because his players were struck by lightning during a practice session in North Korea.

</div></div>

LOL

Asked later on how he managed to shoot a 34 in his first round of golf, Kim replied, "I missed an easy put on the 18th."

Q /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Soflasnapper
12-22-2011, 11:53 AM
I heard these preposterous boasts last day or so myself.

Can you believe in this day and age that people would try that much myth-making about themselves? Cult of personality much?

Although there was the Pat Robertson boast of being able to dead lift 3,000 pounds or whatever he said, and the miracle guru to the UN, Sri Chinmoy, also claimed ridiculous feats of strength and endurance.

Qtec
12-22-2011, 09:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Can you believe in this day and age that people would try that much myth-making about themselves </div></div>

In NK, yes. This is indoctrination in its purest form. Its 1984 exactly.

Check this out. Is it just me or does Kim look about a foot longer? He was only a little guy! If you stood him up, he's got to be at least 6ft tall!

http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2011/12/20/1324370789721/Kim-Jong-il-lies-in-state-004.jpg

Here's hoping he suffered a long drawn out agonising death.

Q

Soflasnapper
12-23-2011, 11:38 AM
We know he wore platform shoes.

Apparently, he has a platform display coffin as well.

Just surprising he didn't order up a priapic prosthetic as well!

As for hoping he had an agonizing death, I sure don't. As a part-time adherent to the Church of the Sub-Genius, and a part-time follower of Bob, I believe in slack.