PDA

View Full Version : Bill MaherTebow Christmas Tweet

Qtec
12-28-2011, 02:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Five’s Bob Beckel And Eric Bolling Go Off On Bill Maher For Tebow Christmas Tweet

Yesterday on The Five, Eric Bolling ran out of time for a segment on the single thing that angered him most over the weekend: Bill Maher‘s “joke” about footballer Tim Tebow being forsaken by Jesus over the weekend (it was a little more explicit than that). Bolling reacted to the disgusting display predictably, and was joined by the crew– including a particularly vocal Bob Beckel– in tearing Maher apart.

RELATED: Bill Maher’s Christmas Eve <span style='font-size: 14pt'>‘Jesus F**ked Tim Tebow’</span> ‘Satan Is Tebowing’ Tweet Stirs Outrage

Bolling had already fairly strongly expressed his disgust with Maher for his Tebow tweet over the weekend, and so reiterated his point (summed up entirely in the hashtag #straighttohellBill) and tossed the story to Beckel. Despite being the only liberal on the panel, Beckel was in no mood to defend Maher, having previously been fairly clear that he found the entire media frenzy Tebow is somehow involved in distasteful. “I think it’s great you did it,” Beckel told Bolling, arguging that Maher’s tweet was particularly heinous given that Christmas was “a celebration of our Lord and Savior… I’ve used that word [the one in Maher's tweet] plenty of times, but not like this.”

He then took the opportunity to disown Maher for the entire political left wing. “You all say Maher is a liberal– Bill, you ain’t a liberal, we just sent you out of the barn,” concluding with a flourish, “I’m tired of defending this son of a bitch.”

Greg Gutfeld then weighed in on a different note, to offer an explanation for Maher’s hateful rhetoric. “Bill Maher hates Tebow because Tebow looks like Tebow, and Maher looks like a talking thumb with the face of an aardvark.” Kimberly Guilfoyle agreed that Tebow was “pretty beautiful.”

The Five is one of the few places in which Maher’s Twitter comments have been given this much press, likely because it appears all of the hosts have strong opinions about both Tim Tebow and Bill Maher. It is easy to look at this case and dismiss it because Maher has made a career out of putting offense over humor, of making it obvious that his priority is to say unpleasant things for the sake of seeing people revolted, instead of saying funny things to see people laugh.

He has said exactly two brilliant things in his entire career, and they are worth noting: that Newt Gingrich is “an idiot who has always been wrong about everything,” and that the American/Western conception of fundamental human rights is superior to any iteration of those rights in the past and in other political contexts. So yes, lightning can strike twice but, overwhelmingly, it is easy to ignore Maher’s insults thinly-veiled as jokes. The reason this case is particularly different– and why The Five‘s treatment of it is particularly respectable– is that it concerns a holiday sacred to many, and a cultural figure who has become the focus of a phenomenon way beyond his control. Maher’s tweet is an easy place to draw the line and say “this Tebow thing has gone too far.”

Tebow, as a person, is obviously highly religious, but he doesn’t appear to be doing any of the sanctimonious preaching that his detractors accuse him of. Go to YouTube and take a look at some of his interviews– even for someone removed from football, a few minutes listening to him speak make it fairly clear that the obnoxious monstrosity that is “Tebowing,” the phenomenon, has little to do with Tebow himself. To insult both him and the world’s largest religion on its second largest feast for a cheap laugh is what feeding the phenomenon without taking a look at the man at the center of it lends itself to. Turning Christianity into a marketing ploy– which is not the fault of Tim Tebow himself– is to disrespect the religion, and opens the door for characters like Maher to disrespect it without pushback. And if he can get away with it, we as a society are worse off for it. This is as good a signal as any that it’s time to give the Tebow/Christianity frenzy a good rest, and for the football world to take a look at Tebow outside of his prayer preferences.

The segment via Fox News below:

</div></div>

watch it (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-fives-bob-beckel-and-eric-bolling-go-off-on-bill-maher-for-tebow-christmas-tweet/)

OTT? Maybe, but I get the point.

If you have 2 teams on a football field and the are all Christians and they are both praying to God for a win, who should he choose? Should he choose? Should he say "don't bother me with this crap, its only a game."

I must say that in all sports we have players praying before kick-off, making sings etc so Tebow is nothing new.
IMO its because of his 'miracle' dramatic last minute comebacks that attention has been drawn to him.

Personally I think its crazy but to each their own. If he wants to to that, why should I care?

Q............your thoughts?

LWW
12-28-2011, 03:58 AM
Maher is a hate monger who showed his true colors.

eg8r
12-28-2011, 05:41 PM
I have chosen to not satisfy Maher by listening to his "joke". Making fun of Christianity is against everything I believe in and I don't find it funny at all.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
12-29-2011, 03:07 AM
Tebow iz a biblist???
Good to know -- i will be rooting against hymn.
Gee i hate sportsmen-women that pray to win -- and thank Jesus when they do win.
Which other quarterbax are biblists??? -- which quarterbax are atheists.
Gotta love gridiron -- but i need a team that i kan root for with passion -- and a couple of teams to hate would be the iceing.
mac.

LWW
12-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Can you imagine the howls from the left if Limbaugh would have said "Allah f*ck*d Husain Abdullah!" after every Vikings loss.

Qtec
12-29-2011, 04:26 AM
Is Limbaugh a comedian?

Some might think so. LOL

Q

LWW
12-29-2011, 05:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Limbaugh a comedian?

Q </div></div>

One of the best ... the fact that you have no sense of humor is only your own problem.

Now, is Mahr a journalist?

The left presents him as one.

In reality, he is simply a hatemonger feeding the mob.

Qtec
12-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Oh, what joy.

Are you now claiming Limbaugh to be a comedian and not someone to be taken seriously?

Oh please, let it be so.

Can't wait. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Q

LWW
12-29-2011, 06:26 AM
I am claiming that you are obviously quite desperate to defend the heinous acts of moonbat crazy leftists everywhere.

Soflasnapper
12-29-2011, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Limbaugh a comedian?

Q </div></div>

One of the best ... the fact that you have no sense of humor is only your own problem.

In reality, he is simply a hatemonger feeding the mob. </div></div>

This made-up 'controversy' is silly.

Of course, Maher is no journalist, and of course, the left does not portray him as one. Of course, Limbaugh is no comedian, and all his humor these days is unintentional self-irony. Like it or not, Limbaugh's over-70 median age audience would be shocked if he used the f-word, so he doesn't and hasn't ever done so so far as I know, where Maher says it multiple times every time he does his show.

Christmas Eve is no Christian feast day, and I rather doubt Christianity has feast days in any case. The feasting part of Christmas (which is the day after Christmas eve, to Beckel's evident surprise) is a secular holiday add-on. The early church didn't celebrate Christmas at all in any respect, and what we have now is an amalgam of multiple pagan traditions, slavered over with some bare couple centuries of Teutonic pagan German-influenced British custom out of more than 2 millenia of Christian practice.

Lastly, Christian liberals may condemn non-Christian liberals for irreligion, but they may still be liberals nonetheless. Attempting to write out certain persons from liberalism is highly illiberal, btw.

It takes a kind of totalitarian mindset to think all liberals must defend all other liberals, or conservatives likewise with conservatives, and/or condemn them as not being liberal (or conservative). How about admitting that whatever we say we are, we are not responsible to either defend or condemn others who are said to be of our political persuasion?

Faux outrage makes me faux outraged!!! Maybe Beckel feels he has to play along to keep his job or something.

cushioncrawler
12-29-2011, 04:08 PM
Lemmesee. Lets say there are fifty 1/4bax.

Lets say that 25% of (usofa) peeple say that they dont beleev in God.
Lets say that allmost half of theze (say 10% of peeple) are atheists.
Then by rights five of thems fifty 1/4bax might be atheists.

Lets say that 50% of (usofa) peeple say they beleev in God.
Lets say that half of theze are lieing (say 25% of peeple) -- and lets say that allmost half of thems are atheists (say 10% of peeple).
That doubles the number of atheists to say 20% -- made up of thoze who admit it, and others who dont.

Then by rights that would make ten of the fifty 1/4bax atheists.
But all i need to know iz which 1/4bax are openly atheist -- i will root for theze.

Failing that i would be happy with a listing of 1/4bax starting with the Gody'est and Jesus'est and Christ'est ranked at the top of the list and less fervent less praying less thank'u'jesus listed lower.
mac.

LWW
12-30-2011, 02:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is Limbaugh a comedian?

Q </div></div>

In reality, he is simply a hatemonger feeding the mob. </div></div>

This made-up 'controversy' is silly.

</div></div>

This excuse for hate speech from a leftist is appalling.

Gayle in MD
01-02-2012, 11:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Five’s Bob Beckel And Eric Bolling Go Off On Bill Maher For Tebow Christmas Tweet

Yesterday on The Five, Eric Bolling ran out of time for a segment on the single thing that angered him most over the weekend: Bill Maher‘s “joke” about footballer Tim Tebow being forsaken by Jesus over the weekend (it was a little more explicit than that). Bolling reacted to the disgusting display predictably, and was joined by the crew– including a particularly vocal Bob Beckel– in tearing Maher apart.

RELATED: Bill Maher’s Christmas Eve <span style='font-size: 14pt'>‘Jesus F**ked Tim Tebow’</span> ‘Satan Is Tebowing’ Tweet Stirs Outrage

Bolling had already fairly strongly expressed his disgust with Maher for his Tebow tweet over the weekend, and so reiterated his point (summed up entirely in the hashtag #straighttohellBill) and tossed the story to Beckel. Despite being the only liberal on the panel, Beckel was in no mood to defend Maher, having previously been fairly clear that he found the entire media frenzy Tebow is somehow involved in distasteful. “I think it’s great you did it,” Beckel told Bolling, arguging that Maher’s tweet was particularly heinous given that Christmas was “a celebration of our Lord and Savior… I’ve used that word [the one in Maher's tweet] plenty of times, but not like this.”

He then took the opportunity to disown Maher for the entire political left wing. “You all say Maher is a liberal– Bill, you ain’t a liberal, we just sent you out of the barn,” concluding with a flourish, “I’m tired of defending this son of a bitch.”

Greg Gutfeld then weighed in on a different note, to offer an explanation for Maher’s hateful rhetoric. “Bill Maher hates Tebow because Tebow looks like Tebow, and Maher looks like a talking thumb with the face of an aardvark.” Kimberly Guilfoyle agreed that Tebow was “pretty beautiful.”

The Five is one of the few places in which Maher’s Twitter comments have been given this much press, likely because it appears all of the hosts have strong opinions about both Tim Tebow and Bill Maher. It is easy to look at this case and dismiss it because Maher has made a career out of putting offense over humor, of making it obvious that his priority is to say unpleasant things for the sake of seeing people revolted, instead of saying funny things to see people laugh.

He has said exactly two brilliant things in his entire career, and they are worth noting: that Newt Gingrich is “an idiot who has always been wrong about everything,” and that the American/Western conception of fundamental human rights is superior to any iteration of those rights in the past and in other political contexts. So yes, lightning can strike twice but, overwhelmingly, it is easy to ignore Maher’s insults thinly-veiled as jokes. The reason this case is particularly different– and why The Five‘s treatment of it is particularly respectable– is that it concerns a holiday sacred to many, and a cultural figure who has become the focus of a phenomenon way beyond his control. Maher’s tweet is an easy place to draw the line and say “this Tebow thing has gone too far.”

Tebow, as a person, is obviously highly religious, but he doesn’t appear to be doing any of the sanctimonious preaching that his detractors accuse him of. Go to YouTube and take a look at some of his interviews– even for someone removed from football, a few minutes listening to him speak make it fairly clear that the obnoxious monstrosity that is “Tebowing,” the phenomenon, has little to do with Tebow himself. To insult both him and the world’s largest religion on its second largest feast for a cheap laugh is what feeding the phenomenon without taking a look at the man at the center of it lends itself to. Turning Christianity into a marketing ploy– which is not the fault of Tim Tebow himself– is to disrespect the religion, and opens the door for characters like Maher to disrespect it without pushback. And if he can get away with it, we as a society are worse off for it. This is as good a signal as any that it’s time to give the Tebow/Christianity frenzy a good rest, and for the football world to take a look at Tebow outside of his prayer preferences.

The segment via Fox News below:

</div></div>

watch it (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/the-fives-bob-beckel-and-eric-bolling-go-off-on-bill-maher-for-tebow-christmas-tweet/)

OTT? Maybe, but I get the point.

If you have 2 teams on a football field and the are all Christians and they are both praying to God for a win, who should he choose? Should he choose? Should he say "don't bother me with this crap, its only a game."

I must say that in all sports we have players praying before kick-off, making sings etc so Tebow is nothing new.
IMO its because of his 'miracle' dramatic last minute comebacks that attention has been drawn to him.

Personally I think its crazy but to each their own. If he wants to to that, why should I care?

Q............your thoughts? </div></div>

IMHO, I think his mother drew attention to him, and also made a total fool of herself, and a lot of enemies, as well, with her disgusting display, (was that last year?) a virtual commercial designed to spread guilt and shame around, as best she could, to women who have had abortions, which I, and many other women who stand for women's rights, found offensive, and this guy is paying the price for his mother's outrageous behavior.

I don't find it at all appealing when people wear their religious beliefs on their sleeve. It's as though they think that their religious beliefs, somehow prove them to be more moral than others, who do not subscribe to any religious organization, an absurd idea, of course.

Also, the act of praying for an athletic win on any game field, is pretty damned shallow, IMO.

As for Bill Maher, he's a commedian, for heaven's sake. I seriously doubt he has caused anywhere near as much damage and strife for others as organized religion has caused through history. I say let Maher tweet!~ He's a good guy.... /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif but put a muzzle on Tebow's mother!
/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif
G.

Counting the days until Maher's show resumes for the next season.