PDA

View Full Version : The difference between Right & Left

Qtec
01-01-2012, 05:09 AM
link (http://crooksandliars.com/nicole-belle/cls-top-videos-2011-21-pete-defazio-s)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have to be a real C-Span junkie like Karoli to catch some of the fireworks that come out on the House floor. On what is basically like the congressional version of Open Mic Night in the House of Representatives, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Rep Pete DeFazio decided to use his time to slap down the GOP's draconian budget cut proposals, eliminating small potato programs in terms of fiscal impact in favor of raising defense spending, without regard for the very meaningful impact these programs have on Americans. </div></div> </span>

LWW
01-01-2012, 05:47 AM
What draconian cuts?

Soflasnapper
01-01-2012, 09:13 PM
Zeroing out a program is a 100% cut.

That qualifies as draconian, plus severe, decimating, or most adjectives you'd find in a thesaurus for draconian.

Do you now deny programs have been targeted for complete elimination?

LWW
01-02-2012, 03:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zeroing out a program is a 100% cut.

That qualifies as draconian, plus severe, decimating, or most adjectives you'd find in a thesaurus for draconian.

Do you now deny programs have been targeted for complete elimination?

</div></div>

I denied nothing.

I asked what Draconian cuts.

Nobody has listed them yet.

I wonder why?

I might even agree with saving them ... if there actually is a list.

Qtec
01-02-2012, 05:54 AM
Do you think we are all as stupid as you?

It was quite clear.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Zeroing out a program is a 100% cut.

That qualifies as draconian, </div></div>

The idiot replies,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I asked what Draconian cuts.

Nobody has listed them yet. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pete DeFazio Slaps Down GOP For<span style='font-size: 23pt'> Killing Youth Programs</span>
</div></div>

Q

cushioncrawler
01-02-2012, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.
Draconian
is an adjective meaning great severity, that derives from Draco, an Athenian law scribe under whom small offences had heavy punishments (Draconian laws).</div></div>Me, myself, i would never uze that adjektiv to deskribe things that were not punishments or penaltys.

But thats me -- i am a stickler for uzing words properly, preferably uzing the quaint meaning, preferrably uzing the quaint spelling.
mac.

LWW
01-02-2012, 04:10 PM
<span style='font-size: 26pt'><u>WHAT YOUTH PROGRAMS?</u></span>