PDA

View Full Version : MD Governor O'Malley For President In 2016!

Gayle in MD
01-04-2012, 09:29 AM
Through November, we created 26,700 new jobs in 2011
We had the largest single-month drop in the unemployment rate since 1984

Our schools continue to rank #1 in the nation

Crime is at its lowest level since 1975

We met the spending affordability committee guidelines for 5 years

We remain one of only eight states to maintain a Triple A bond rating, certified by all three rating agencies

Together, we expanded health care to 300,000 previously uninsured Marylanders--more than half of whom are children

BRAVO GOVERNOR O'MALLEY!

LWW
01-04-2012, 11:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Through November, we created 26,700 new jobs in 2011</div></div>

WRONG (http://www.baltimorefishbowl.com/stories/cautious-good-news-for-marylands-economy-in-2012/)

hondo
01-04-2012, 01:44 PM
From dub's own link- 300 government jobs were cut.) In all, about 22,000 jobs have been added by Maryland employers so far this year.

And here I thought he was really exposing a big lie. I should have known better.

Gayle in MD
01-04-2012, 02:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From dub's own link- 300 government jobs were cut.) In all, about 22,000 jobs have been added by Maryland employers so far this year.

And here I thought he was really exposing a big lie. I should have known better. </div></div>

No truth to anything he posts, ever.

No truth to the fooltchr's posts, either...The Terrorist Lover.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, OBL was an evil person, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent Americans. BUT, he was also the leader of a rather large group of people, not a country, but a large group of like minded people. In some ways, that would make him as much of a world leader as some third world dictators.

steve

How would you define a world leader? Do they have to be a leader of a country? Why? Is the Pope a world leader?
If I buy an island and have a dozen people living there, can I claim status as a country and become a world leader?
Is the leader of China more of a world leader than the POTUS, simply because more people live in that country?
Is it a matter of size, or power, or influence? If it is, then OBL certainly had influence ofer the group he lead.

Your opinion is that OBL would not be considered a world leader, but on what exactly do you base your opinion?

Steve

Had OBL had a gun in his hand, and was threatening our troops, it would have been proper, though regretable, for them to use deadly force to protect their own lives.

</div></div>

Repulsive, despicable people these brainwashed RW flyover Nutjobs!

The definition of Republican Policies: fascism n. a merging of the interests of big corporations and government, adjoined with a systematic curtailment of civil liberties

Gayle in Md.

cushioncrawler
01-04-2012, 04:22 PM
I like green-fascizm -- a merging of the interests of the earth and the future -- with a systematik curtailment of libertys and a systematik introduktion of civil happyness.
mac.

pooltchr
01-04-2012, 04:30 PM
I'll give you this, G....it seems as if your governor has done a much better job in MD than Obama has done in Washington.

But, don't let it go to your head. It hasn't done anything to improve your stature on this forum. That remains lower than Congress's approval ratings!

Steve

LWW
01-05-2012, 09:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pooltchr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll give you this, G....it seems as if your governor has done a much better job in MD than Obama has done in Washington.

But, don't let it go to your head. It hasn't done anything to improve your stature on this forum. That remains lower than Congress's approval ratings!

Steve </div></div>

What charlotte ignores is that O'Malley is a very conservative (D) who achieved most of the things she laud him for by ... sit down ... brace yourself ... GOING AFTER TEACHER UNIONS (http://www.governor.maryland.gov/documents/ERA2010.pdf) ... how funny is that.

Gayle in MD
01-05-2012, 09:17 AM
You just proved your own ignorance.

Your link addressed FEDERAL LAW. OUR Governor is FOR Teachers Unions. He has stated that many times. This is nothing but another post, out of 22,337 in which you intentionally distort reality.

What a colossal BORE!

Now go run to the mod whining.

BTW, stay away from my posts, and out of my threads.

Oh, and don't bother responding, you will remain on ignore.

LWW
01-05-2012, 09:51 AM
What the party has done to you should be considered a crimial act, first off.

Second off, this is a public forum and all threads are open to comment from anyone. When you buy the forum you can ban whomever you want.

Thirdly, if this bill was federal, which it isn't, it would make your beloved dear leader to be the one cracking down on teacher's unions.

Fourth, the text of the bill:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">BY: The Administration

A BILL ENTITLED

AN ACT concerning

Education Reform Act of 2010

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>FOR the purpose of altering the probationary period of employment of a certificated
employee in a public school system; altering certain procedures related to the
probationary period of a certificated employee; requiring a county board of
education to annually evaluate a non–tenured certificated employee based on
established performance evaluation criteria; requiring certain certificated
employees to be assigned a mentor and provided additional professional
development under certain circumstances; requiring that a performance
evaluation of a certificated teacher or principal in a public school system
include certain data as a certain component of the evaluation</span>; requiring that
a certain component of an evaluation be one of multiple measures; requiring
the State Board of Education to adopt regulations to implement certain
provisions of this Act; requiring certain classroom teachers and principals
working in certain public schools to receive a certain stipend, contingent upon
the receipt of certain federal funds; providing for the application of a certain
provision of this Act; and generally relating to the employment of certificated
employees in a public school system.

BY repealing and reenacting, with amendments,
Article – Education
Section 6–202
Annotated Code of <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Maryland</span>
(2008 Replacement Volume and 2009 Supplement)

BY adding to
Article – Education
Section 6–306(b)(5)
Annotated Code of <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Maryland</span>
(2008 Replacement Volume and 2009 Supplement)

<span style='font-size: 26pt'>SECTION 1. BE IT ENACTED BY THE GENERAL ASSEMBLY OF
MARYLAND</span>, That the Laws of Maryland read as follows:

Article – Education

6–202.

(a) (1) On the recommendation of the county superintendent, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>a county board may
suspend or dismiss a teacher, principal, supervisor, assistant superintendent, or other professional
assistant for:
(i) Immorality;

(ii) Misconduct in office, including knowingly failing to report
suspected child abuse in violation of § 5–704 of the Family Law Article;

(iii) Insubordination;

(iv) Incompetency; or

(v) Willful neglect of duty.</span>

(2) Before removing an individual, the county board shall send the individual a
copy of the charges against him and give him an opportunity within 10 days to request a hearing.

(3) If the individual requests a hearing within the 10–day period:

(i) The county board promptly shall hold a hearing, but a hearing may
not be set within 10 days after the county board sends the individual a notice of the hearing; and

(ii) The individual shall have an opportunity to be heard before the
county board, in person or by counsel, and to bring witnesses to the hearing.

(4) The individual may appeal from the decision of the county board to the
State Board.

(5) Notwithstanding any provision of local law, in Baltimore City the
suspension and removal of assistant superintendents and higher levels shall be as provided by the
personnel system established by the Baltimore City Board of School Commissioners under § 4–
311 of this article.

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>(b) (1) Except as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection, the probationary period
of employment of a certificated employee in a public school system shall cover a period of [2
years] 3 YEARS from the date of employment</span> and shall consist of a 1–year employment contract
that may be renewed by the county board.

[(2) (i) A probationary period for a certificated employee in a public school
system may be extended for a third year from the date of employment if the certificated
employee does not qualify for tenure at the end of the second year based on established
performance evaluation criteria and the employee demonstrates a strong potential for
improvement.

(ii) If the probationary period of a certificated employee is extended as
provided in this paragraph, a mentor shall be assigned to the employee and the employee shall be
evaluated at the end of the third year based on established performance evaluation criteria.]

<span style='font-size: 11pt'>(2) (I) A COUNTY BOARD SHALL ANNUALLY EVALUATE A NON–TENURED
CERTIFICATED EMPLOYEE BASED ON ESTABLISHED PERFORMANCE EVALUATION CRITERIA.

(II) IF THE CERTIFICATED EMPLOYEE IS NOT ON TRACK TO QUALIFY
FOR TENURE AT THE END OF THE FIRST OR SECOND YEAR, A MENTOR SHALL BE ASSIGNED TO
THE EMPLOYEE AND ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT SHALL BE
PROVIDED, AS APPROPRIATE. </span>

(3) The State Board shall adopt regulations that implement the provisions of
paragraphs (1) and (2) of this subsection and define the scope of a mentoring program AND
PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT that will be aligned with the [2–year] 3–YEAR
probationary period [and the 1–year extension as provided in paragraph (2) of this subsection].

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>(C) (1) A PERFORMANCE EVALUATION OF A CERTIFICATED TEACHER OR
PRINCIPAL IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL SYSTEM SHALL INCLUDE DATA ON STUDENT GROWTH AS A
SIGNIFICANT COMPONENT OF THE EVALUATION AND ONE OF MULTIPLE MEASURES.

(2) THE STATE BOARD SHALL ADOPT REGULATIONS THAT IMPLEMENT THE
PROVISIONS OF THIS SUBSECTION.

6-306.

(b) (5) (I) IN THIS PARAGRAPH, “RACE TO THE TOP APPLICATION”
MEANS THE STATE’S APPLICATION TO THE UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF
EDUCATION FOR THE RACE TO THE TOP FUND, AUTHORIZED UNDER THE
AMERICAN RECOVERY AND REINVESTMENT ACT OF 2009.

(II) A HIGHLY EFFECTIVE CLASSROOM TEACHER OR
PRINCIPAL WORKING IN A PUBLIC SCHOOL IDENTIFIED IN THE STATE’S RACE TO
THE TOP APPLICATION AS A SCHOOL IN THE LOWEST ACHIEVING 5% OF TITLE I
SCHOOLS IN IMPROVEMENT, CORRECTIVE ACTION, OR RESTRUCTURING SHALL
RECEIVE A STIPEND FROM THE STATE IN AN AMOUNT DETERMINED BY THE STATE
BOARD, CONTINGENT UPON RECEIPT OF RACE TO THE TOP GRANT FUNDS.</span>

SECTION 2. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That the probationary period of
employment specified in § 6–202(b) of the Education Article, as enacted by Section 1 of
this Act, shall be applicable to a certificated employee in a public school system with
a date of employment starting on or after July 1, 2010.

SECTION 3. AND BE IT FURTHER ENACTED, That this Act shall take
effect July 1, 2010. </div></div>

OH DEAR!

Gayle in MD
01-05-2012, 12:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gayle in MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Through November, we created 26,700 new jobs in 2011
We had the largest single-month drop in the unemployment rate since 1984

Our schools continue to rank #1 in the nation

Crime is at its lowest level since 1975

We met the spending affordability committee guidelines for 5 years

We remain one of only eight states to maintain a Triple A bond rating, certified by all three rating agencies

Together, we expanded health care to 300,000 previously uninsured Marylanders--more than half of whom are children

BRAVO GOVERNOR O'MALLEY! </div></div>

I am very proud of Governor O'Malley for his leadership, fairness, and successes which continue to make Mmaryland a state with the srongest teacher's union in the country, and the highest educational ratings in the country.

He has stepped up to the plate and supported Gay Rights, handled Maryland's economy excellently, represented ALL of Maryland's citizens in a fair and balanced manner, and worked with our teachers Unions to achieve fair and balanced solutions for our state, and excellent cooperation with our Teacher;s Unions, which led to very satisfactory results, for our state, and for our teachers, all at a time of great challenges for our country at large due to the disastrous economic results of a former Repiglican governor, and Repiglican president.

Anyone who seeks to defame, spread around inaccurate information, cherry pick, slant, and promote partisan lies, about Governor O'Malley, of Maryland, should be seen as dishonorable, with petty, juvenile intentions.

I don't have to read the unwelcomed, staking post in this thread, by someone who is known for spreading false and twisted information which would be all too obvious to anyone who lives in Maryland, or knows anything about the huge successes our state has enjoyed under Governor Mmartin O' Malley's wonderful leadership and success.

G.

LWW
01-05-2012, 03:26 PM
What's a shame is that you can't back up a single one of those claims ... but, I already knew that.