PDA

View Full Version : For our leftist brethren and sistren ...

LWW
01-04-2012, 05:18 PM
How do you explain this chart, in light of your incessant bleatings that Goldman - Sachs is an evil entity which only the current regime can save us from?

http://thinkmarkets.files.wordpress.com/2011/12/crony-capitalism.jpg

Soflasnapper
01-05-2012, 06:52 PM
Link please?

The purpose of this Venn diagram would be distraction. We notice no dates, or the order in which the two associations occurred.

So, much of this is quite beside the point you are attempting (poorly) to raise.

The subject of Robert Rubin's working for Clinton as SecTreasury in the freaking '90s means jack WHAT? about the Obama administration? That they must be in thrall to GS, because of something that happened two presidencies before? That they cannot save us, because they are somehow connected with the Clinton machine that they crushed to gain the nomination and then the presidency? Are you nuts?

Ditto with Rahm. His low-pay association with GS was BEFORE HE WORKED FOR CLINTON! He was no big cog, no important contract employee, and his earnings from them never even topped mid-5 figures in total. Obama didn't pick him because he had some limited association and some fairly insignificant pay from GS **in the early '90s**. That's just trippin', talkin'.

John Corzine? Was he a member of the Obama cabinet? Perhaps one of his czars? No, as it says, he was a US senator, then NJ governor. Didn't work in the Obama administration whatsoever.

Then the omission of the timeline allows the wrong impression about Greg Craig. When he worked for Obama, he had never worked for GS. That they hired him is not to influence the Obama administration, but because of this (which by itself is the answer to your tendentious question):

SEC files civil fraud charges against GS (http://themoderatevoice.com/69550/sec-files-civil-fraud-charges-against-goldman-sachs/)

LWW
01-06-2012, 02:47 AM
That was about what I expected.

Soflasnapper
01-06-2012, 02:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That was about what I expected. </div></div>

You expected to see in response that the death knell of your supposed point, apart from its incoherent content, was the trump card I played-- that GS is being prosecuted? By this administration's SEC?

Smart, then!

LWW
01-07-2012, 03:24 AM
Nope ... I expected that you would defend the current regime being infested by G-S employees and hold up the phony show trial as "PROOF" that dear leader is incorruptible.