PDA

View Full Version : Making the world safe for thugocracy!

LWW
01-06-2012, 05:46 AM
http://www.conservative.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/Obama-FDR.jpg
<span style='font-size: 26pt'>It's GOOD to be king!</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The U.S. military will steadily shrink the Army and Marine Corps, reduce forces in Europe and probably make further cuts to the nation’s nuclear arsenal, the Obama administration said Thursday in a preview of how it intends to reshape the armed forces after a decade of war. </div></div>
Shrinking defense spending! (http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-announces-new-military-approach/2012/01/05/gIQAFWcmcP_print.html)

LWW
01-06-2012, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The mighty American military machine that has for so long secured the country's status as the world's only superpower will have to be drastically reduced, Barack Obama warned yesterday as he set out a radical but more modest new set of priorities for the Pentagon over the next decade.

After the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan that defined the first decade of the 21st century, Mr Obama's blueprint for the military's future acknowledged that America will no longer have the resources to conduct two such major operations simultaneously.

Instead, the US military will lose up to half a million troops and will focus on countering terrorism and meeting the new challenges of an emergent Asia dominated by China. </div></div>

Elimate the ability to fight a two front war! (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/obama-the-us-can-no-longer-fight-the-worlds-battles-6285629.html)

LWW
01-06-2012, 05:52 AM
Accepting a nuclear Iran ... aiding in deposing a loyal US ally so that a radical Islamic regime can replace it ... running guns to drug cartels that invade our borders ... crashing the economy ... destroying our credit rating ... making debt slaves of future generations ... corrupting our electoral system ... shredding the 4th and 5th and 14th amendments ... and the O-cult will cheer on the rise of a fascist America.

Future generations will view this generation of Americans with contempt.

Soflasnapper
01-06-2012, 02:57 PM
Current generations right now view your lies with contempt.

Although Pentagon officials have portrayed those cuts as painful, Obama said the defense budget is still expected to increase slightly — at about the rate of inflation — each year for the next decade.

“I firmly believe, and I think the American people understand, that we can keep our military strong and our nation secure with a defense budget that continues to be larger than roughly the next 10 countries combined,” he said.

No cuts in spending levels, not even as measured in real terms, but rather, slightly increasing at about the rate of inflation?

Just because we've ratcheted up our military spending for 2 wars, that means that when the wars are over, we can never reduce the military spending below whatever we once grew it to, or else it is treason? Interesting take, but nonsense, of course.

LWW
01-07-2012, 03:28 AM
And the beat goes on ... whatever dear leader says is what you perceive "TRUTH" to be.

Soflasnapper
01-08-2012, 01:08 PM
???

You imply Obama has lied about the budget for the military, that it will be ACTUALLY declining, instead of actually increasing, with the purported 'cuts' coming out of the projected rate of increase.

However, the budget for the military isn't a matter of opinion, but of published numbers.

So instead of your intellectually bankrupt position which appears to be if Obama said it, you are entirely justified to presume the opposite is true, please refer to published numbers to show you are right, and the president, a liar.

Among many things, I know this: that although it is true the president has some motivation to hedge, spin, or just lie about numbers, SO TOO DO HIS OPPONENTS have similar motivations. As between the two of them, on the record, it is his opponents who have more frequently hedged, spun, or just lied about facts, and their statements proved wrong over and over again.

LWW
01-08-2012, 01:28 PM
Not at all ... let me make it very easy for you.

If Obama peed on your shoe and explained that your sock was wet because it was raining ... you would argue, with anyone who had sense enough to see reality, that it was in fact raining and the rain was amazingly isolated to your shoe.

Soflasnapper
01-08-2012, 02:04 PM
So, here, rather than argue you are correct, specifically, you argue you are correct, generally, as a matter of my psychology?

Thank you for your tacit admission that you cannot support your implication that the statement from Obama is false with any kind of fact, and so you resort to this deflection. Typical.

What's also typical is that mainly, if it's Obama's word vs. his opponents' word, he's the one using facts, and they are the ones playing games with words.

Most presidents realize that everything they say is grist for the mill, and if they state falsehoods, they will be run through the grinder. That is particularly true with this president, who has several cottage industries dedicated to trashing him at every turn.

And yes, if it seems that it's raining, and instead the Obama Derangement Syndrome crowd tells me it's really Obama p-ing on my shoes, I'd go with the more common sense theory first.

Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof (cf: Carl Sagan). You have implied Obama has baldly stated a howling lie, easily checked, as the truth.

Interesting, although hardly credible. And your proof is a psychological claim about what I believe, which you cannot possibly know, and which I've disproven right here on this board any number of times?

Luckily for you, your own brand of thugocracy, mugging the truth, is wholly protected (but false) speech.