PDA

View Full Version : Beware the Red menace ...

LWW
01-11-2012, 04:36 AM
After trading for a strong starter in Matt Latos ... to go with Johnny Cueto, Mike Leake, Bronson Arroyo and Aroldis Chapman ... and trading for Sean Marshall to join the bullpen with Bill Bray, Logan Andrusek, Jose Arredondo and Homer Bailey they have now signedfree agent Ryan Madson as a closer.

This puts the Reds in possession of one of the premier piching staffs in baseball to go with an ever potent offense.

With the Cardinals losing LaRussa and Pujols ... my boys are looking good for 2012.

LWW
08-29-2012, 03:39 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">After trading for a strong starter in Matt Latos ... to go with Johnny Cueto, Mike Leake, Bronson Arroyo and Aroldis Chapman ... and trading for Sean Marshall to join the bullpen with Bill Bray, Logan Andrusek, Jose Arredondo and Homer Bailey they have now signedfree agent Ryan Madson as a closer.

This puts the Reds in possession of one of the premier piching staffs in baseball to go with an ever potent offense.

With the Cardinals losing LaRussa and Pujols ... my boys are looking good for 2012. </div></div>

Their merciless dominance of the National League Central Division continues.

Grapenut
08-29-2012, 04:57 AM
Hey, LWW

Did you see what the Rangers did to David Price and the Rays, the other night ?

Pure sweetness !!!!! haha

Nut

eg8r
08-29-2012, 08:57 AM
If I were you I would have dropped the last sentence about the Cardinals. If your team has one of the premiere pitching staffs in baseball to go with an ever potent offense then one coach and a first baseman should not be enough to derail your WS hopes. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I am a Yankees fan and am sad to say I don't even think they will get to the WS. My reasoning is that they built around the long ball and that is not a great solution when getting to the playoffs when you begin to only see the 1 and 2 starters from the opposing teams. The Yankees like to beat up on relief pitchers and the 3 -5 starters. So if the Yanks can't manufacture any runs they are going to be in trouble. The Reds could certainly give them an incredibly tough time in a short series.

eg8r