PDA

View Full Version : Al Bundy would be proud!

LWW
01-11-2012, 04:41 AM
http://cache.gawkerassets.com/assets/images/12/2012/01/1cf57708fd1a007fe957f4a798981bff.jpg
http://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/images/12/2012/01/c8900ddcb44a30f6904c4bcb9c32ae48.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">his is it the 2013 Dodge Dart, the new Alfa Romeo-based compact car that'll say arrivederci to the Caliber when it's fully unveiled at the Detroit Auto Show in just two days. But we knew all that. What we didn't know is what it'd look like. Until now.
These images leaked ahead of its official unveil show the Dart in all its econobox glory.

Based on Alfa Romeo's Giulietta platform, this spawn of the Fiat-Chrysler merger's going to be Chrysler's first decent attempt at winning over the ever-expanding compact space since the Dodge Neon.

As with the Jeep Grand Cherokee, this "new" car owes its platform to the engineering of a European company. While the Jeep's based on the Mercedes ML platform, the new Dart is based on Alfa Romeo's Giulietta.</div></div>

Be proud Al, be proud. (http://jalopnik.com/5873960/2013-dodge-dart-this-is-it)

nAz
01-11-2012, 05:47 AM
I don;t know... i think Al will want to see a Hemi dropped in there... so would I.

LWW
01-11-2012, 06:31 AM
Al had a 225 CID slant six that would be poorly underpowered compared to these.

That being said "HEMI" is a trademark and no Chrysler "HEMI" engine actually uses hemispherical combustion chambers. The reason is that a true hemi is a technological dinosaur.

eg8r
01-11-2012, 09:16 AM
I just don't like the looks of that car at all.

Did you see Acura might bring back the NSX? It has some sharp lines I don't like but overall I am excited about that car possibly coming back.

eg8r

LWW
01-11-2012, 12:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just don't like the looks of that car at all.

Did you see Acura might bring back the NSX? It has some sharp lines I don't like but overall I am excited about that car possibly coming back.

eg8r </div></div>

Everyone likes something different.

I loved the first NSX but don't care much for this one.

I almost bought an NSX a few years back ... wish I would have.

Our Porsche 928S was getting long in the tooth ... a very expensive tou to keep up ... and I opted to get away from the quasi-exoticar scene.

eg8r
01-11-2012, 12:17 PM
I loved the original NSX. I have a buddy right now that is restoring a pretty messed up one. Very cool indeed.

I actually am a Porsche guy. My son (age 5) said we could get the one I want and when it is time to take them to school each day I could just drive back and forth taking one at a time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I smiled and said maybe mommy will let us get a Panamera. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I choked the first time I took a 928 to the dealership for its oil change maintenance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

LWW
01-11-2012, 01:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I loved the original NSX. I have a buddy right now that is restoring a pretty messed up one. Very cool indeed.

I actually am a Porsche guy. My son (age 5) said we could get the one I want and when it is time to take them to school each day I could just drive back and forth taking one at a time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif I smiled and said maybe mommy will let us get a Panamera. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

I choked the first time I took a 928 to the dealership for its oil change maintenance. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r </div></div>

Yeah, you can count on about $200.00 per month in upkeep unless you like wrenching.

I did some of my own ... but that is a gnarly drivetrain to work on with the limited space, specialized tools and everything being made from unaffordium alloy.

2+ gallons of synthetic oil and a $20.00 oil filter made for about $50 oil change DIY ... and that tiny 15MM drain plug. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/mad.gif

Sev
01-11-2012, 09:49 PM
The car doesnt look much like anything. It wont stand out at all.

LWW
01-14-2012, 10:13 AM
Al's DART wasn't much of a looker either.