PDA

View Full Version : Dear leader appoints amnesty supporter!

LWW
01-11-2012, 06:40 AM
Dear leader has again acted bravely in supporting the voting rights of undocumented demokrook voters!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Obama has picked a strong advocate of immigration reform to head his Domestic Policy Council.

The White House announced Tuesday that Cecilia Muñoz, a former senior vice president of the National Council of La Raza, would replace Melody Barnes at the top of the council. White House press secretary Jay Carney announced the appointment during his press briefing.

Muñoz is now serving as the White House's director of intergovernmental affairs and is in charge of outreach to state and local governments.
"The president has asked, she has accepted," Carney said.

Muñoz is an immigration expert who worked for the National Council of La Raza, the largest Latino civil rights and advocacy organization in the United States, until she joined the administration in 2009. The group works to improve opportunities for Hispanic Americans and advocates legislation that would provide a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants.

Obama has frequently been criticized by pro-immigration reform advocates for not pressing harder for changes to the country's immigration laws. Hispanic groups also have complained that the administration has stepped up deportations of illegal aliens.

All of this has led to questions about whether Obama will garner strong support from Hispanics in his 2012 reelection bid. It is crucial to Obama's reelection that he win a large majority of the Hispanic vote, particularly in critical swing states such as Florida, New Mexico and Colorado.

Carney called Muñoz "the best person for the job."

In her new role, Muñoz will become the president’s senior adviser on domestic affairs that fall outside the strict purview of the National Economic Council, which is headed by Gene Sperling.

“Over the past three years, Cecilia has been a trusted advisor who has demonstrated sound judgment day in and day out,” the president said. “Cecilia has done an extraordinary job working on behalf of middle class families, and I’m confident she’ll bring the same unwavering dedication to her new position.”

A senior administration official credited Munoz's work on immigration and disaster relief and said she has successfully brought the voices of local and state officials into the White House through her work at the Office of Intergovernmental Affairs.

"She's the perfect fit for this job," the official told The Hill. "This is someone who is very much ready for the position."

On immigration, she has been the president's "key person" on the issue "working to fix the system that's broken" the official said, adding that she brings 20 years of immigration policy with her to the post.

While her new post will continue to give Hispanics a "strong voice," administration officials said she wasn't given the position to pander to that community. "She's immensely qualified for this position. She's someone who is very much respected by her colleagues."

At the same time, "she's not afraid to make her viewpoints known," the official said.

The National Immigration Forum, which supports providing a pathway to citizenship for illegal immigrants, applauded the Muñoz appointment while saying it underlined the need for Obama to take action.

"With this move, the pressure is on the president to move forward with an aggressive domestic policy agenda" on immigration," said Ali Noorani, executive director of the National Immigration Forum. He said this agenda should include focusing enforcement on security threats and not on immigrant workers and families "caught up in a broken system."

The group later amended Noorani's statement to call on action by Congress as well.

"While Ms. Muñoz’s appointment is a positive step, at the end of the day, Democrats and Republicans in Congress need to come together to pass comprehensive immigration reform," Noorani said in the amended statement.

House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) praised the appointment, saying Muñoz "has developed strong relationships with members of Congress in Washington and activists nationwide, and a sterling reputation as a powerful voice on behalf of comprehensive, compassionate immigration reform."

She said the appointment reflected Obama's "strong and ongoing commitment to diversity across his administration."

Barnes left her position at the end of last month and is looking for work in the private sector. On Monday the White House announced that Chief of Staff Bill Daley will soon step down and be replaced by Office of Management and Budget Director Jack Lew.

Carney said there is no word yet on who will replace Lew as Budget director. In the briefing he offered praise for congressional liaison Rob Nabors, a man insiders think has the best shot at the job. </div></div>

ALL HAIL DEAR LEADER! (http://thehill.com/blogs/on-the-money/domestic-taxes/203355-munoz-to-head-domestic-policy-council-)

Soflasnapper
01-12-2012, 06:16 PM
While that may be true, the link has no information on that issue.

If it is true, it's almost without any meaning or consequence, as the Congress determines our voting laws. And, of course, undocumenteds have no voting rights.

So congrats on another trifecta of nonsense! Nobody does it better, although sometimes I wish someone could.

eg8r
01-12-2012, 09:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, of course, undocumenteds have no voting rights.
</div></div>Other than the example where they can just walking into poll and ask for their form with out showing any ID.

You are acting like it never happens and all I am saying is that is incorrect. I am not saying that it happens on a scale to sway a vote, but to sit there and act like having no voters rights means they cannot vote is just not being fully honest.

eg8r

LWW
01-13-2012, 04:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, of course, undocumenteds have no voting rights.
</div></div>Other than the example where they can just walking into poll and ask for their form with out showing any ID.

You are acting like it never happens and all I am saying is that is incorrect. I am not saying that it happens on a scale to sway a vote, but to sit there and act like having no voters rights means they cannot vote is just not being fully honest.

eg8r </div></div>

Didn't you read Q's scathing rebuttal of that point?

Just because you can prove that it happens doesn't mean that you can prove that it happens.

Soflasnapper
01-13-2012, 04:35 PM
My point is that this nomination impacts that situation, if it exists, not at all.

If he were still alive, Obama could have appointed Reagan to this position, and he would be a more on the record supporter of amnesty than this person. And responsible for about 3 million more people receiving amnesty than this person ever will.

ugotda7
01-13-2012, 04:55 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While that may be true, the link has no information on that issue.

If it is true, it's almost without any meaning or consequence, as the Congress determines our voting laws. And, of course, undocumenteds have no voting rights.

So congrats on another trifecta of nonsense! Nobody does it better, although sometimes I wish someone could. </div></div>

Damn...this may be about the most retarded post here in a while - and that's really saying something especially given what Q has been posting.

Perhaps next time you should resist the reflexive urge to try and respond to LWW.....in this case all you did was make yourself look like a huge dumbass.

Maybe one of these days you'll realize that who posts something doesn't necessarily determine the accuracy of the post.

ugotda7
01-13-2012, 04:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">My point is that this nomination impacts that situation, if it exists, not at all.

If he were still alive, Obama could have appointed Reagan to this position, and he would be a more on the record supporter of amnesty than this person. And responsible for about 3 million more people receiving amnesty than this person ever will. </div></div>

She's an outright anti-American racist - and she will most certainly impact all sorts of situations....and not for American interests. That you even try to defend this is freakin' ridiculous.....and comical. But hey, you got a shot in at LWW right? But no, you really didn't.....that's what you don't realize. Again, try to resist that reflexive urge.

Qtec
01-13-2012, 05:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And, of course, undocumenteds have no voting rights.

eg8r </div></div>

Back to reality.

Why would an undocumented risk 5 years in prison and deportation just to register 1 vote?

Why would anyone risk 5 years in prison for a vote?

Q

Soflasnapper
01-13-2012, 05:36 PM
I appreciate your thoughts here, and thank you for your advice.

However, it's still the case that the link doesn't mention 'amnesty' or that she supports it, and I rather politely, I must say, pointed that out, even allowing for its possible truth.

And I continue to wonder what difference this is thought to make? If the top guy supports it, and presuming his appointees follow his direction and agenda, they will also do likewise, regardless of what their position on it was before the appointment.

I swear there is a considerable exaggeration of the power of such appointees, together with the frantic reaction to so-called czars. Who make very little difference to anything, really, as simply aides who coordinate multi-departmental efforts.

ugotda7
01-13-2012, 05:49 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I appreciate your thoughts here, and thank you for your advice.

However, it's still the case that the link doesn't mention 'amnesty' or that she supports it, and I rather politely, I must say, pointed that out, even allowing for its possible truth.

And I continue to wonder what difference this is thought to make? If the top guy supports it, and presuming his appointees follow his direction and agenda, they will also do likewise, regardless of what their position on it was before the appointment.

I swear there is a considerable exaggeration of the power of such appointees, together with the frantic reaction to so-called czars. Who make very little difference to anything, really, as simply aides who coordinate multi-departmental efforts. </div></div>

I suggest you look into La Raza.

So what next - if LWW says water is wet and his link fails to exactly say that then you won't believe it?

Soflasnapper
01-13-2012, 06:19 PM
Oh, you must mean 'path to citizenship'!!!

Which isn't amnesty, btw. Ask W or McCain.

LWW
01-14-2012, 06:02 AM
You catch on quickly my friend.