PDA

View Full Version : DOUBLETHINK ORDER OF THE DAY!

LWW
01-18-2012, 04:49 AM
THE REGIME EXPLAINS THAT BAIN IS BAD! (http://www.politico.com/politico44/2012/01/obama-campaign-attacks-romney-on-bain-110723.html)

THE REGIME EXPLAINS THAT BAIN IS GOOD! (http://campaign2012.washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/beltway-confidential/new-obama-omb-director-bain-alum/317976)

Fortunately, through the power of DOUBLETHINK (http://www.orwelltoday.com/doublethink.shtml) both of the regimes statements can be accepted as undeniable "TRUTH" by the faithful.

Soflasnapper
01-18-2012, 07:02 AM
Bain vet for OMB good, Romney for president bad. Quite simple. How is that possible?

Because the head of OMB is not the president. Romney for head of OMB in the next Obama term.

It's like when LBJ touted his record as Majority Leader of the Senate as his election credential. JFK agreed, and stated he favored LBJ remain at the job he was so excellent at.

Qtec
01-18-2012, 08:32 AM
..and your point is?

Q

Soflasnapper
01-18-2012, 11:45 AM
Thankfully, now that Hunstman's dropped out, we won't strain your nuance-challenged brain with the similar notion that while Obama liked Huntsman for Ambassador to China, he argues against him for president.

OMG, how could he do THAT? Other than the obvious reason, I mean?

LWW
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">..and your point is?

Q </div></div>

That you will slavishly believe whatever the regime tells you your "OPINION" is.

LWW
01-18-2012, 03:59 PM
You truly have no ability to analyze anything regarding this regime, do you.

cushioncrawler
01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
I killed a big huntsman on the front door the other nite. I aint skared ovem, a huntsman haz never bitten me, but nowadays i kill any i see inside the house and sometimes on the verandah. They are everywhere around here -- its huntsman city.

I had a big one in the car the other day. Reminds me of the storys of big huntsmans dropping down into your lap when u pull down the sun-vizor in the car.

Hell, i had one running around in the new punt when i tested the punt on water last week.
mac.

Soflasnapper
01-19-2012, 02:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You truly have no ability to analyze anything regarding this regime, do you. </div></div>

Sure I do. But I must say there appears no falsehood you will shrink from using if it bashes the administration-- you've checked at the door any measure of logic or sense when it applies to allegedly negative information about Obama and his people. And actually, this might be true of your ability to use reason and evidence generally, when it comes to matters of politics and left and right. I imagine you were equally hysterical in your opinions about Clinton at the time, correct?

Fact is, the two Bains, Bain Company and Bain Capital, were not related. Different companies, different principles, different business model.

As the two companies have said, they are not 'sister' companies, or a division of one to the other, and not related in any formal way.

Besides there being no real contradiction had the two Bains in question been the same company, as they are not the same company, and did not do the same things, you are completely out in right field on this one, as is typical.

Bain Company (Bain and Co.?), where this guy who was already the deputy at OMB came from, wasn't a venture/vulture capital fund like Bain Capital was, and didn't engage in LBOs as they did.

But admit it! Weren't you going to claim to be astounded that Obama thought Huntsman was a good pick for China ambassador, and yet, somehow, would nonetheless oppose him for president? That it was a blatant contradiction, that could only be explained by the grossest hypocrisy?

LWW
01-19-2012, 04:46 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You truly have no ability to analyze anything regarding this regime, do you. </div></div>

Sure I do. But I must say there appears no falsehood you will shrink from using if it bashes the administration-- </div></div>

Yet you can't actually cite anything.

Imagine that.

Soflasnapper
01-19-2012, 06:36 PM
It's almost too fast and furious to remember much. Like listening to a comedian's hour-long set of one-liners. Somewhat exhausting, and you can't remember more than one or two of the jokes.

Here are two that I remember.

Back when the administration was talking about changing the status of forces agreement with Iraq to gain allowance for keeping 10,000 to 15,000 US military forces in country, you screamed about how Obama had betrayed his campaign promise, and lied to his supporters. I mentioned that IF this happened, you might have a point, but until it did, you did not. (And of course it didn't, which allowed your attack on that, forgetting you had been attacking it if it came about, and as if it had already come about.) My meek response that this was hypothetical at that time, and hadn't yet happened, might not happen, and this was not accepted as the obvious truth it was, but instead fulsomely condemned by you as special pleading for dear leader.

More recently, you claimed the current recess appointment imbroglio had ruling precedents back to 1787, or whichever year the Constitution was ratified. But the precedent was 2007, missing the truth by 220 years.

LWW
01-20-2012, 04:10 AM
You have quite the vivid imagination.

Soflasnapper
01-20-2012, 03:07 PM
Yes, I imagined not more than earlier this week, Monday, you claimed the inconvenient truth was that MLK, Jr. was a Republican.

And then abandoned any defense of the claim when it was shown unsupportable on any evidence.