PDA

View Full Version : Pool Cues

09-27-2002, 03:01 AM
Hi,

I recently have bought some pool cues at pawn shops. I bought two Falcons (one is a Nick Varner 21 ounce with a 13mm tip, red with four prongs and little triangle inlays on the points), the other is a AC-14 or FAL-15 (red jump break cue). I also bought an older Meucci. They all seem to be in pretty good condition apart from a few nicks and scratches. The Meucci is all purple with a purple wrap, no inlays, no prongs, and it has a pretty large scratch from the end of the wrap to the rubber stopper thingy. I'm just wondering if I got ripped off and if I can sell them for a good price of if I should keep them. All the shafts seem pretty good. They need a little sanding and cleaning but apart from that they're all straight. It's the that need work. I paid $120 (Canadian) for the Nick Varner, 120 for the Jump-Break, and 80 for the Meucci. Did I get ripped off? I have no idea. I do know that I only paying 40 bucks for a set of Aramith Premier balls is good though. I know I got a good deal there. I don't know if they 2 1/8 or 2 1/4 inches. I guess I'll have to measure them or something. Anyways, if anybody has any advice at all it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Pistol Pete