PDA

View Full Version : Six Ball/Forgotten Game

03-03-2002, 09:41 AM
Here is probably the greatest game for beginning 9-ball players to first learn. Its a short 10 ball rack with the six in the middle and when you make the green ball you get the cash. Since beginning players need to first gain speed control and pocketing skills, this is the best/let me know what you think. BF

03-03-2002, 10:28 AM
I have been playing quite a bit of 6-ball (by myself) actually since I started playing again after a 3-year layoff. It does help with pattern play, while not having as many balls to maneuver around. I actually strung four racks together just the other day.
For the beginning 9-ball player I would also suggest starting with 3-balls, break, take ball in hand and run out. Once you get consistant on running the 3-balls, then step up to 6-ball and repeat the previous steps. Thinking of nine ball in seperate three ball patterns can really help your run out game. Instead of having your mind stress you out because you have the final key balls left, practicing like this can help your mental aspect because your mind will say AlRIGHT I have made it to the final 3-ball pattern! I know I can run three balls no problem. What a piece of cake.