PDA

View Full Version : Killing cats ok with the GOP, if they're liberal?

Soflasnapper
01-23-2012, 06:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> WASHINGTON -- The race for the Arkansas' third congressional district took a gruesome turn on Sunday, when the campaign manager for Democratic challenger Ken Aden came home and found his cat slaughtered with the word "liberal" painted on the corpse.

According to a press release sent out by the Aden campaign, "The family pet, an adult, mixed-breed Siamese cat, had one side of its head bashed in to the point the cat's eyeball was barely hanging from its socket. The perpetrators scrawled 'liberal' across the cat's body and left it on the doorstep of [Jacob] Burris' house."

Burris, Aden's campaign manager, told The Huffington Post that it was his 5-year-old son who first saw the atrocity. He had taken his children out to fill the family car with gas before going to church, and the young boy was the first one out of the vehicle when they returned.

(Click here (http://bluearkansasblog.com/?p=8417) to see a photo of the mutilated cat, via Blue Arkansas.)</div></div>

More at the HuffPost (http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/01/23/democratic-operative-cat-liberal-slaughtered-pet_n_1224095.html)

Unlike some people, I do not portray this as the typical Republican action. I believe that by far most Republicans would condemn this act, as the opposing candidate here and his campaign have so condemned it.

Besides, given her positions so close to those of Hitler, Lenin, and Kruschev (maybe Mao?), it would be more likely the work of Hitlery (see, she even has that nickname, and this occurred in Arkansas, so there you go!) /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/shocked.gif

More realistically, it ought to be noted that an apparent wackjob radio show host has been giving out the names and numbers and addresses of Aden's campaign staff (from comments at the link):

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Bailey_M says:
January 23, 2012 at 12:42 pm

Is there any real evidence that Kermit Womack has given out the names and numbers of Aden’s campaign staff on his radio show? Is there any record of this or is this an accusation by a nameless blogger?

[...]

ozark60 says:
January 23, 2012 at 2:22 pm

yes Bailey (if that is your name) the evidence is that both my wife and i heard it on the radio…they gave out my name,address and even spelled my name w an admonition to ‘watch my back’…this has also happened to other people who write letters critical of womack by his father on the air..with the same phrase ‘watch your back’ being used…if thats not enough to convince you that something odd is going on…oh well!
</div></div>

eg8r
01-24-2012, 07:53 AM
Definitely a whack job but nothing here to suggest GOP. They posted liberal so maybe it was a Conservative? Certainly all groupings other than "whackjobs" would condemn this act.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
01-25-2012, 02:48 PM
That would be a reasonable point, except for the names and addresses being given over the air by a local radio guy, in favor of the GOP candidate, and setting up the Democratic contender and his staff for physical attack.