PDA

View Full Version : Earth: Making of a Planet

Qtec
01-24-2012, 04:34 AM
Amazing doc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-F4lxJPo0)

Very informative.

trailer (http://natgeotv.com/nl/earth-making-of-a-planet/videos/a-newborn-star)
Q

LWW
01-24-2012, 05:04 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Amazing doc (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1-F4lxJPo0)

Very informative.

Q </div></div>

Really?

How do you explain that it would take longer to watch the video than the time between when I asked you the question and you cut and pasted a link into a new thread?

Man up ... just once, I promise you'll feel better about yourself ... and confess that you didn't actually watch this video.

After all, we all know that you didn't.

Qtec
01-24-2012, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Really? <span style="color: #3333FF"> Yes really.</span>

How do you explain that it would take longer to watch the video than the time between when I asked you the question and you cut and pasted a link into a new thread? </div></div>

LOL. How about,

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>'I had already seen it on tv a couple of weeks ago!'</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and confess that you didn't actually watch this video. </div></div>

What a plonker you are sometimes. If you think you are Sherlock Holmes you are sadly mistaken, you missed this clue.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">#376418 - 01/24/12 12:46 AM

Q: Do you know that the Earth originally had no oxygen? <u>Do you know where that oxygen came from? </u></div></div>

Check the video. Begin at the 16 min mark. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>How would I know that this was in the video if I hadn't seen it?</span>

Never mind the fact that I made the above quote almost 10 hours before I posted this thread. #376443 - 01/24/12 10:34 AM

Its quite simple, you went off topic with your usual answering a Q with a Q crap, I couldn't be bothered typing so I thought I would give you the video, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>that I had recently seen.</span> I couldn't remember the name of the prog so I had to do some searching before I found the right link.

Are we now agreed on how the Earth was created?

Q

cushioncrawler
01-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Alltho teknikally speaking the amount of oxygen on earth haznt gone up nor down.
mac.

Qtec
01-25-2012, 05:52 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Into the abyss: The diving suit that turns men into fish

The invention of scuba diving has allowed us to breathe underwater but only at very shallow depths.

Thanks to our inability to conquer the bends, diving below 70m still remains astonishingly dangerous to anyone but a handful of experts. Ultra-deep diving is so lethal that more people have walked on the moon than descended below 240m using scuba gear.

Now an inventor in the United States believes he has solved the riddle of how to get humans down to serious depths –<span style='font-size: 14pt'> by getting us to breathe liquid like fish.</span>

Arnold Lande, a retired American heart and lung surgeon, has patented a scuba suit that would allow a human to breathe “liquid air”, a special solution that has been highly enriched with oxygen molecules.

The idea immediately conjures up the terrifying spectre of drowning but our lungs are more than capable of taking oxygen from a solution.

“The first trick you would have to learn is overcoming the gag reflex,” explains Lande, a 79-year-old inventor from St Louis, Missouri. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“But once that oxygenated liquid is inside your lungs it would feel just like breathing air.”</span>

Lande envisages a scuba suit that would allow divers to inhale highly-oxygenated perfluorocarbons (PFCs) – a type of liquid that can dissolve enormous quantities of gas. The liquid would be contained in an enclosed helmet that would replace all the air in the lungs, nose and ear cavities.

The CO2 that would normally exit our body when we breathe out would be “scrubbed” from our blood by attaching a mechanical gill to the femoral vein in the leg.

By using oxygen suspended in liquid, divers would no longer have to worry about decompression sickness - the often fatal condition known as “the bends” which occurs when nitrogen dissolved in the blood under the immense pressures of deep water bubbles out as we rise. It could potentially allow them to descend to far greater depths than is currently possible. </div></div> link (http://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/into-the-abyss-the-diving-suit-that-turns-men-into-fish-2139167.html)

Q

LWW
01-25-2012, 06:33 AM
Do you believe that a bear evolved from a whale?

eg8r
01-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Sounds pretty cool but this will definitely be a hard sell for any divers other than the deeply devoted. LOL, my wife had trouble getting her mind to quit thinking about the pressurized air from the tank let alone have her also have to think about breathing a liquid. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r