PDA

View Full Version : Good call Obama

nAz
01-25-2012, 06:15 AM
The man made another good call in approving this raid,must have had some good Intel.

MOGADISHU, Somalia (AP) U.S. Special Forces troops flew into Somalia on a nighttime helicopter raid early Wednesday, freed an American and a Danish hostage and killed nine pirates in a mission that President Obama said he personally authorized.

The Danish Refugee Council confirmed that the two aid workers, American Jessica Buchanan and Dane Poul Hagen Thisted, were freed and "are on their way to be reunited with their families."
Buchanan, 32, and Thisted, 60, had been working with a de-mining unit of the Danish Refugee Council when they were kidnapped in October.
A pirate who gave his name as Bile Hussein told the Associated Press he had spoken to pirates at the scene of the raid and they reported that nine pirates had been killed and three were missing. He said the raid was very quick and caught the guards as they were sleeping after having chewed the narcotic leaf qat for much of the evening. Qat is a stimulant but users often sleep heavily after hours of chewing.
A second pirate who gave his name as Ahmed Hashi said two helicopters attacked at about 2 a.m. about 12 miles north of the Somali town of Adado where the hostages were being held.

LWW
01-25-2012, 06:32 AM
I'll give the devil his due ... good job.

Soflasnapper
01-25-2012, 01:02 PM
Obama more than meets the threshold the American people demand, of being willing to kill our enemies, and having proven that fact. Pacifist, not so much.

eg8r
01-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Looks like we can just go into any country we want and shoot people up. This sounds like the wild wild west all you tree hugging lefties feared most in the early 2000s.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
01-25-2012, 02:40 PM
I support far less killing than has been going on.

Which has little to do (directly) with any environmental concerns, except that the US military is the largest consumer of oil and oil products, domestically, at about a 30% to 40% share of consumption.

So it's a bit of a Catch-22. We need a large military to defend sources of oil, so that we can have a large military that needs so much oil. Fascinating, really.

Sid_Vicious
01-25-2012, 04:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like we can just go into any country we want and shoot people up. This sounds like the wild wild west all you tree hugging lefties feared most in the early 2000s.

eg8r </div></div>

And so went Iraq.

Soflasnapper
01-25-2012, 05:11 PM
Yes, both times, with father and son.

I remember the announcement when hostilities began in the Gulf War, part one. I was physically ill driving on the turnpike. An overwhelming feeling of grief and dread overcame me, and I audibly sobbed for some minutes.

The remake was worse.

LWW
01-26-2012, 06:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Looks like we can just go into any country we want and shoot people up. This sounds like the wild wild west all you tree hugging lefties feared most in the early 2000s.

eg8r </div></div>

And I will concur with that assessment.

I agree with Bush I, Bush II and Obama and their actions in Somalia and Pakistan.

OTOH ... our leftist brethren saw it as a war crime, or crimes, when done by Bush I/II yet see it as bravery when done by Obama.

Oh, they also want us to believe they don't practice doublethink in coming to those conclusions.

eg8r
01-26-2012, 08:53 AM
LOL, so in your defense you agree with me. Thanks.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
01-26-2012, 01:59 PM
OTOH ... our leftist brethren saw it as a war crime, or crimes, when done by Bush I/II yet see it as bravery when done by Obama.

The actual left see what he does as war crimes as well. Cf: Glenn Greenwald's columns at Salon, for example. The ACLU agrees as well.

eg8r
01-26-2012, 03:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The actual left see what he does as war crimes as well. </div></div>This is quite funny to see you do this. First you chastise us for the use of RINO when a Rep does not act or say the things we feel a true Republican would say. Then when the left acts differently then you want them to you refer to the "actual left" (only because you didn't think to use DINO?). So how does this work, if a "righty" calls out a "righty" as a RINO that is bad but if a "lefty" calls out a "lefty" as not an "actual lefty" it is OK?

eg8r