PDA

View Full Version : Information please

BillPorter
09-27-2002, 06:34 AM
Anyone know anything about a tournament this fall in Lexington, Kentucky? Seems like most years there has been a tournament at the Continental Inn in Lexington. Usually around the month of November. Any info out there?

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2002, 07:21 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: BillPorter:</font><hr> Anyone know anything about a tournament this fall in Lexington, Kentucky? Seems like most years there has been a tournament at the Continental Inn in Lexington. Usually around the month of November. Any info out there? <hr></blockquote>

Howdy Bill,

Last year they had the final event of the Viking tour there. They called it the "championship" or something. Maybe you could email Mike Janis. If you can't find his email let me know I'll see if I can dig it up.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2002, 07:27 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: BillPorter:</font><hr> Anyone know anything about a tournament this fall in Lexington, Kentucky? Seems like most years there has been a tournament at the Continental Inn in Lexington. Usually around the month of November. Any info out there? <hr></blockquote>

Looks like it's in Cleveland this year.

http://www.billiardsdigest.com/ccboard/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Board=ccbboard&amp;Number=38118&amp; Search=true&amp;Forum=ccbboard&amp;Words=janis&amp;Match=Entir e%20Phrase&amp;Searchpage=0&amp;Limit=25&amp;Old=1month&amp;Main=3 8118

You should try to make it to SnookerS Dec. 7 to play or watch. Tom, Bill, Don, John G., Chuck G., and Mike H. will be playing.

BillPorter
09-27-2002, 11:12 AM
Wally,

Thanks for your help. I'm pretty sure that there won't be a Viking tour event in Lexington this fall. I just thought there would be some kind of tournament there since there is such a long history of there being one there each fall.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-27-2002, 02:24 PM

There used to be a tourney called the Lexington All-Stars. That's the one John Brumback won a couple years ago to the shock of Buddy Hall, Nick Varner and others. But I think it was at a pool hall. I know a guy that used to go (Pat Katz). I'll check with him next Wednesday.

09-27-2002, 03:33 PM
Bill, to the best of my knowledge, there is NO event scheduled for Lexington, KY this year. We had hoped to have the Viking Tour Championship there again. However, it just wasn't possible.

This year the Viking Tour Championship a $25,000 event will be held in the greater Cleveland, OH area in the new Northfield Billiards Pool Room. By the way it's only 1/4 mile from the horse track.

Mj

Warren_Lushia
09-27-2002, 07:15 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Wally_in_Cincy:</font><hr> &lt;blockquote&gt;&lt;font class="small"&gt;Quote: BillPorter:&lt;/font&gt;&lt;hr&gt; Anyone know anything about a tournament this fall in Lexington, Kentucky? Seems like most years there has been a tournament at the Continental Inn in Lexington. Usually around the month of November. Any info out there? &lt;hr&gt;&lt;/blockquote&gt;

There used to be a tourney called the Lexington All-Stars. That's the one John Brumback won a couple years ago to the shock of Buddy Hall, Nick Varner and others. But I think it was at a pool hall. I know a guy that used to go (Pat Katz). I'll check with him next Wednesday. <hr></blockquote>

the lexington all-stars event won by brumback a couple of years ago was indeed at the continental inn. same with last years viking tour championships. i think the confusion about being in a pool hall comes from the all stars being run by danny beile who owns the rack club. i think danny was also involved with mike janis and crew for the viking championships, but you can ask mike yourself.

i am not aware of any events being held in lexington this year. but if there is gonna be a lexington all stars in the future danny beile from the rack club is the man to ask.

warren..&lt;--in lexington

sliprock
09-28-2002, 09:21 AM
Bill. Danny's not planning anything for this fall but I've heard that he hopes to have a $30,000 added event early next year. There's nothing set in stone yet. Steve

BillPorter
09-29-2002, 07:14 AM
Steve,

Thanks to you and the other posters for your help and information. I just back into pool about a year and a half ago and really enjoy going to pool tournaments as a spectator. Enjoyed the tourney last fall in Lexington and really enjoyed the Derby City Classic last January in Louisville. I remembered going to fall tourneys in Lexington from years back and was hoping there would be one this fall. Guess I'll have to wait a year.