PDA

View Full Version : Gingrich lied during debate.

Qtec
01-26-2012, 01:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Newt Gingrich Admits He Was Wrong To Tell John King He Offered Witnesses To ABC News

In what Politico‘s Dylan Byers is calling “a small but important victory” for CNN anchor John King, Republican hopeful <span style='font-size: 14pt'>Newt Gingrich admitted his campaign <u>did not</u> offer ABC News witnesses to rebut his ex-wife’s ‘open marriage’ claim.</span> “Tonight, after persistent questioning by our staff, the Gingrich campaign concedes now Speaker Gingrich was wrong — <u>both in his debate answer, and in our interview yesterday,</u>” King noted on Wednesday’s John King USA. “Gingrich spokesman R.C. Hammond says the only people the Gingrich campaign offered to ABC were his two daughters from his first marriage.”

RELATED: John King Confronts Newt Gingrich Over Response To ‘Open Marriage’ Question

On Tuesday, Gingrich appeared with King and told him “Why would they refuse to have other witnesses rebut her? We offered them a number of people who were there at the time who said what she was saying just wasn’t true.”

“I can’t speak for ABC but it says if you had offered people it would have interviewed them,” King told the former Speaker of the House.

“Oh, that is just plain baloney!” exclaimed Gingrich. “I mean, I’ll check with (my spokesperson) R.C. Hammond in a minute. But if they’re saying that, they’re not being honest. They said explicitly the opposite. I will check with R.C. because <span style='font-size: 17pt'>he was briefing me on this the whole way through.</span> We had several people prepared to be very clear and very aggressive in their dispute about that and they weren’t interested.”

Watch below via CNN </div></div>

Newt, once again caught with his pants down. He can hardly say it was a mistake, not after him admitting "he was briefing me on this the whole way through."

Q

LWW
01-26-2012, 04:46 AM
So he didn't offer anyone ... other than the one's he offered.

Open wide snoopy ...

Soflasnapper
01-26-2012, 02:18 PM
He uses his daughters from his first wife to say the second wife is lying about the third wife?

How the hell would they know?

Does he now want to say that in his intimate conversations concerning adultery with his to-be third wife, with his then-second wife, he called the girls into the room, and they were witnesses?

If not the daughters, then he had his other unnamed FRIENDS in the room at the time of whatever conversations he had on this matter?

Why didn't he just say his campaign advisor(s) agree with him and back him up? As Herb [sic] Cain had his own campaign advisor endorse him in that odd smoking commercial?