PDA

View Full Version : So how low are MSNBC ratings?

LWW
01-27-2012, 06:22 AM
TOO FUNNY. (http://www.breitbart.tv/who-is-rachel-maddow/)

Soflasnapper
01-27-2012, 02:07 PM
Pretty funny!

As are the comments! (Seems like a nice young man, LOL!)

But I'd bet a Shephard Smith, or a Megyn Kelly, would get the same blank stares, because even the BEST cable news show ratings involve approx. 1% of the population of the country.

A Glenn Beck or Bill O'Reilly might have greater familiarity, as they have been more cultural icons of a sort, done tours and had several best-selling books between them.

But not a Neil Cavuoto or Judge Napolitano. Greta still may enjoy a greater familiarity for some viewers as she was on-air all during the OJ case.

LWW
01-27-2012, 04:49 PM
This proves that no smart people watch MSNBC.

Soflasnapper
01-27-2012, 05:05 PM
SUUUUUURRRRRE it does! Of course, what else could it mean? ROFL!

Quite a bit of inductive logic you use!

Let's see how the 'argument' goes:

3 likely smart people don't recognize Rachel Maddow.

Therefore 3 likely smart people don't watch MSNBC.[which doesn't follow, btw]

Therefore no smart people watch MSNBC. [not only untrue, but a classically flawed incorrect syllogism.]

A false suppressed premise, and a faulty deduction, all in one brief statement? Congrats on your record efficiency in promulgating a bad 'argument.'

LWW
01-28-2012, 03:14 AM
Do you know any smart people who regularly watch MCNBC?

I don't.

Soflasnapper
01-29-2012, 12:28 PM
Well, if you don't know of any, that proves it, of course! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

I'm reminded of Pauline Kael. She marveled at how Nixon won re-election, because, she said, she knew no one who'd voted for him.

Similarly, my father told me GHW Bush would be re-elected, because he didn't know of anyone who supported Clinton.

Both were off by millions. So congrats, you are off by considerably less.

Soflasnapper
01-30-2012, 01:21 PM
Let's define 'smart.'

Would someone with top 1% SAT scores, top 1% GRE scores, both high enough to automatically qualify for MENSA without taking their test, be smart? If so, I know one, at least.