PDA

View Full Version : THE SICK THING REVEALED BY ROMNEY'S RETURNS ...

LWW
01-30-2012, 04:22 AM
Is that anyone has to file a 265 page return to the IRS.

Qtec
01-30-2012, 06:38 AM
I thought it was 500. Anyway, most people don't have 20 holding companies and who knows how many trusts and other financial investments made through 20 bank accounts in who knows how many offshore tax havens.

Q..its tough at the top.

BTW, Mitt quit his Swiss bank account in 2010. Guess what happened in Aug 2009? Go on,....guess.........?

The buzzer just went, too late.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> In <span style='font-size: 17pt'>2009</span>, UBS paid $780 million to settle criminal charges and turned over the names of 4,500 clients.
The U.S. Justice Department is probing 11 Swiss and Swiss-style banks, including Wegelin, which riled U.S. authorities by taking on U.S. clients of UBS after their settlement.
The investigations are also focused on Credit Suisse and Basler Kantonalbank, among others. </div></div>

Q...could be coincidence.

eg8r
01-30-2012, 09:02 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought it was 500. Anyway, most people don't have 20 holding companies and who knows how many trusts and other financial investments made through 20 bank accounts in who knows how many offshore tax havens.

Q..its tough at the top.
</div></div>Your jealousy is keeping you from actually seeing the problem. The problem has nothing to do with a guy being rich and making more and more money every year. The issue is with the government and the IRS. It is their fault.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
01-30-2012, 12:55 PM
If Rick Perry's post-card sized return could be used, Romney would save a lot of time. But he'd lose a lot of money, iirc, that Perry's 20% rate was the top bracket, which would increase his tax bit by over 33%.

That's always the tradeoff. You never need to file a lot of forms unless you are taking deductions. That's where the complications in the tax filing area lie, in filing for various deductions.

LWW
01-30-2012, 04:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If Rick Perry's post-card sized return could be used, Romney would save a lot of time. But he'd lose a lot of money, iirc, that Perry's 20% rate was the top bracket, which would increase his tax bit by over 33%.
</div></div>

Actually ... that's not correct.

LWW
01-30-2012, 04:56 PM
And what does UBS have to do with this?

What's that?

Nothing?

Then why did you bring it up?

What's that?

You've gotten all butt sore over getting your buffoonery pointed out?

I'll make you the same deal I've offered before ... stop saying silly things and I'll stop showing that the things you say are silly.

Soflasnapper
01-30-2012, 06:04 PM
If Romney currently pays 13.9%, an increase to a 20% rate would be somewhat larger an increase than I said-- not 33%, but closer to 50%.

Although I do not really remember the details of the late Perry campaign's tax proposal, I don't think it eliminated a double taxation angle.

Qtec
01-31-2012, 02:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The problem has nothing to do with a guy being rich and making more and more money every year.<span style="color: #3333FF"> I never said it was.</span> The issue is with the government and the IRS. It is their fault.

eg8r </div></div>

Ultimately yes, but how did these loopholes etc, that allow a guy who makes 20 M a year pay a lower tax rate than the guy making 1% of that amount, get into the tax code in the first place? It didn't happen by accident. It didn't come from Joe six-pack's lobbyists!

My problem with Mitt is he is a hypocrite and a liar, not that he's rich. None of his ideas are going to make the 99% lives better.

Mitt calls himself 'unemployed' and 'one of us' when he makes $20 M a year and has bank accounts all over the place.
He reckons public workers 'earn too much' and<u> those who earn so little</u> as to pay no income tax at all, <u>should</u> pay tax.

Mitt says,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"I know what it takes to make America the most attractive place for jobs again," he said. "I want to do that not because I'm worried about the one percent. The 1 percent's doing fine. I want to help the 99 percent. I want to help middle-Americans get jobs that pay good wages." </div></div>

Really WILLARD?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney isn't getting his facts straight.

Speaking to workers at a steel fabrication plant on Monday, Romney, clad in his class-crossing plaid and jean uniform, <span style='font-size: 20pt'>proceeded to bash pay for government employees, proclaiming that they "are making a lot more money than we are."</span> As Crooks and Liars points out and you can see for yourself in the video below, Romney proceeds to say that he would slash the scale of the federal government and cut the number of federal employees if he became president, a proposal that he's laid out in his broader fiscal plan.

For a man worth over $250 million, that's a bold association to make.

"The taxpayers shouldn't have to have money taken out of their pay checks to pay people in government who are our servants who are making a lot more money than we are," Romney continues </div></div>

OK. Maybe he is better on the subject of foreclosures? Surely he wants to help those who have been impacted by the Wall St fraud and wants to help them stay in their houses. He is a religious man after all.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In an interview published Tuesday ahead of presidential debate, Romney told Las Vegas Review Journal's editorial board that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>solving the foreclosure crisis would require letting banks proceed against homeowners who have defaulted on their mortgages.</span> New investors could then rent out the homes until markets adjusted.

<span style="color: #3333FF">Great idea, steal their house for half the price and then rent it out to them!</span>

"As to what to do for the housing industry specifically and are there things that you can do to encourage housing: One is,<span style='font-size: 17pt'> don't try to stop the foreclosure process. Let it run its course and hit the bottom," Romney said.</span>

Romney elaborated during the presidential debate Tuesday night. "The idea of the federal government running around and saying, `We're going to give you some money for trading in your old car...or we're going to keep banks from foreclosing if you can't make your payments," Romney said, "The right course is to let markets work." </div></div>

Need I go on? I could.

I think I have made it pretty clear about 3 times now why I don't like Willard and its not because he's rich.

Q

LWW
01-31-2012, 03:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimately yes, but how did these loopholes etc, that allow a guy who makes 20 M a year pay a lower tax rate than the guy making 1% of that amount, get into the tax code in the first place? It didn't happen by accident. It didn't come from Joe six-pack's lobbyists!

Q</div></div>

Nope ... it came from demokrooks like Charlie Rangel writing the code to benefit contributors, and from nits such as yourself who empower them with your partisan blindness.

The last attempt at tax fairness was under Reagan when rates were lowered and deductions removed.

This forced money from tax shelters into areas that were more profitable AND taxable.

Now explain to us again why when what you say you want is presented ... you have a fit and oppose it?

Qtec
01-31-2012, 04:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope ... it came from demokrooks </div></div>

LOL.

Sad.

Q

LWW
01-31-2012, 05:05 AM
Yes, it is sad.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/20/Charles_B_Rangel_Portrait.jpg/220px-Charles_B_Rangel_Portrait.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Committee assignments:

Committee on Ways and Means (1975–present; Ranking member 1996–2006; Chair 2007–2010)

<span style='font-size: 17pt'>Joint Committee on Taxation (Chair 2007, 2009; Vice Chair 2008, 2010</span>

Select Committee on Narcotics Abuse and Control (1976–1993; Chair 1983–1993)

Select Committee on Crime (1971–1973)

Committee on the Judiciary (1971–1974) </div></div>

http://leadrank.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/google-knock-out1.jpg
LWW delivers the heavy leather KO of truth to snoopy's myth. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_B._Rangel#Districts.2C_terms.2C_and_commit tees)

Qtec
01-31-2012, 05:16 AM
Once again, you PROVE NOTHING. You point to NOTHING SPECIFIC.

What EXACTLY are you accusing him of?

What has it got to do with the topic?

BTW, <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Clinton should get credit for a robust economy, but he didn't cause the tech bubble which peaked in 2000. He kept the top capital gains tax rate at 28% until 1997, when he agreed to lower it to 20%. President Bush lowered it to 15% in 2003, where it stands today. </div></div>

Q

LWW
01-31-2012, 05:59 AM
I proved that you know nothing of how tax laws come to be.

Qtec
01-31-2012, 06:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I proved that you know nothing of how tax laws come to be. </div></div>

LOL...by proving NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done Sherlock.
Q

LWW
01-31-2012, 06:59 AM
http://elwoodin.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/funny-pictures-cat-says-your-diseas.jpg

eg8r
01-31-2012, 08:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimately yes, but how did these loopholes etc, that allow a guy who makes 20 M a year pay a lower tax rate than the guy making 1% of that amount,</div></div>This is a myth only you believe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">He reckons public workers 'earn too much' and those who earn so little as to pay no income tax at all, should pay tax.
</div></div>They do earn too much. Why should a person watching people walk through a scanner make $40,000/yr. That is too much money. Just to clarify for you, people paying no income tax at all is never higher than the 15% on $20 million paid by Romney. Of which you have already told us was too much anyways and he got some money back. Lastly, every single American should have to pay their fair share. For me, I define fair as a number that is equal for all. I am willing to budge and use percentages based on pay but they cannot be exorbitantly high for rich and exorbitantly low for poor.

If jealousy is not your motive then why is your subject always the poor vs the rich. What about two single men making $50k/yr (all deductions the same) but one owns a house and the other doesn't. The one that owns a house gets a nice deduction that the other doesn't. Why don't you fight for the "renter"? Isn't he being unfairly treated amonth those in his same tax bracket? Sure, but since this example is not rich vs poor you don't care about it.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
01-31-2012, 09:23 AM
A 'joint committee' of Congress doesn't make tax policy. Because that isn't how the Congress works.

It's a scoring committee, similar to CBO.

The law in question, the preferred rate for carried interest, came up for revision in '98. Under GOP majority control of both houses of Congress, and with GOP co-sponsors of the bill.

It was defeated by a concerted lobbying effort put together from those investor classes, led by Bain Capital.

Qtec
02-01-2012, 01:53 AM
OK,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimately yes, but how did these loopholes etc, <s>that allow a guy who makes 20 M a year pay a lower tax rate than the guy making 1% of that amount,</s> <span style='font-size: 14pt'>get into the tax code in the first place?</span> </div></div>

?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They do earn too much. Why should a person watching people walk through a scanner make $40,000/yr. That is too much money. </div></div>

How do you know? Ever done that job?

What is your problem with people earning a decent wage?

Q

eg8r
02-01-2012, 09:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ultimately yes, but how did these loopholes etc, that allow a guy who makes 20 M a year pay a lower tax rate than the guy making 1% of that amount, get into the tax code in the first place? </div></div>Politicians. I have already said that. Do I need to bold it and increase the font for you to pay attention?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How do you know? Ever done that job?

What is your problem with people earning a decent wage?
</div></div>Have I ever performed that job? What does that have to do with what we are talking about? I have no problem with people earning a decent wage. What is your problem with the pay matching the work/skill level required to perform the job?

eg8r

Qtec
02-02-2012, 02:08 AM
I'm saying you have no idea what their job is like or what the conditions are. TSO workers are in the D/E bands. ie min wage is $25,518 going up to $44,007.

They probably work weekends, holidays and split shifts. Dealing with an irate public can also be demanding and stressful.

link (http://www.tsa.gov/join/careers/pay_scales.shtm)

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 04:00 AM
Are you saying this was not known to them before hiring?

Qtec
02-02-2012, 04:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you saying this was not known to them before hiring? </div></div>

..and?

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:04 AM
And if they knew, and took the job, where are they being wronged?

Qtec
02-02-2012, 05:23 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And if they knew, and took the job, where are they being wronged? </div></div>

What if they are offered the job and refuse it?

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:53 AM
Then would need to seek employment elsewhere.

Does everything have to be explained to you?

Qtec
02-02-2012, 07:01 AM
Are you saying the unemployed should not HAVE to take ANY job offered?

Q

eg8r
02-02-2012, 09:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm saying you have no idea what their job is like or what the conditions are. </div></div>OK, so you admit you are just running your mouth and really have you good reason for such exorbitant salary for the mindless job being performed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">TSO workers are in the D/E bands. ie min wage is $25,518 going up to $44,007.
</div></div>So you are doing your best to solidify my point. They make way too much money to stand there and watch people walk through a scanner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They probably work weekends, holidays and split shifts.</div></div>They work 5 days a week just like everyone else.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Dealing with an irate public can also be demanding and stressful.
</div></div>You don't really go to the airport very often do you. the vast majority of people get no where near "irate". Heck you rarely see people get angry.

Nothing you have said would lead a person with common sense to pay these salaries. All you have done is provide reasons why these people should head to college instead of taking the easy way out by finding cushy government jobs that over pay for minimum skills.

eg8r

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Are you saying the unemployed should not HAVE to take ANY job offered?

Q </div></div>

Can you show me where I said that?

What's that?

You can't?

Imagine that.