PDA

View Full Version : Foundation Pulls Breast Cancer Screening Grants

Qtec
02-02-2012, 02:18 AM
Susan G Komen Foundation Pulls Breast Cancer Screening Grants From Planned Parenthood

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As someone said on Twitter, breast cancer more or less removes incentives for abortions. Especially undetected breast cancer that goes unscreened because a woman doesn't have affordable access (yet) to health care. This must be why the Susan G. Komen Foundation yanked the funding rug right out from under Planned Parenthood.

Via Planned Parenthood's shocking press release:

<span style="color: #000099">Planned Parenthood Federation of America today expressed deep disappointment in response to the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation’s decision to stop funding breast cancer prevention, screenings and education at Planned Parenthood health centers. Anti-choice groups in America have repeatedly threatened the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation for partnering with Planned Parenthood to provide these lifesaving cancer screenings and news articles suggest that the Komen Foundation ultimately succumbed to these pressures.

“We are alarmed and saddened that the Susan G. Komen for the Cure Foundation appears to have succumbed to political pressure. Our greatest desire is for Komen to reconsider this policy and recommit to the partnership on which so many women count,” said Cecile Richards, president of Planned Parenthood Federation of America.

In the last few weeks, the Komen Foundation has begun notifying local Planned Parenthood programs that their breast cancer initiatives will not be eligible for new grants (beyond existing agreements or plans). The Komen Foundation’s leadership did not respond to Planned Parenthood requests to meet with the Komen Board of Directors about the decision.</span>

Gosh. Right-wing pressure, you say? Here's a look at some of the key players in a decision like this. There is Julie Teer, VP Development, who also was a key Romney fundraiser in 2008. There is Komen's new senior Vice President of Public Policy, Karen Handel, who has stated publicly that she does not support Planned Parenthood and vowed to de-fund screenngs back in 2010.

<span style="color: #000099">First, let me be clear, since I am pro-life, I do not support the mission of Planned Parenthood. During my time as Chairman of Fulton County, there were federal and state pass-through grants that were awarded to Planned Parenthood for breast and cervical cancer screening, as well as a “Healthy Babies Initiative.” The grant was authorized, regulated, administered and distributed through the State of Georgia. Because of the criteria, regulations and parameters of the grant, Planned Parenthood was the only eligible vendor approved to meet the state criteria. Additionally, none of the services in any way involved abortions or abortion-related services. In fact, state and federal law prohibits the use of taxpayer funds for abortions or abortion related services and I strongly support those laws. </span>

Because breast cancer screenings are just like abortions, don't you know? </div></div>

Sad.

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 04:01 AM
And?

Qtec
02-02-2012, 04:51 AM
..and what?

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:03 AM
That was my question.

Qtec
02-02-2012, 05:24 AM
You didn't ask a question. And is not a question.

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:58 AM
Yes, it is ... and one of the simplest possible as it is completely open ended.

And, somehow, you fail to pass even this simplest of tests.

No matter how low the bar is set ... you still manage to be able walk under it with a hat on.

Qtec
02-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Yet another thread where you have made multiple posts and said nothing. If you had any brains at all you would realise that.

Q

Qtec
02-02-2012, 06:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And? </div></div>

HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THE TURNAROUND FROM THIS,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">First, let me be clear, since<u> I am pro-life,</u> I do not support the mission of Planned Parenthood. During my time as Chairman of Fulton County, there were federal and state pass-through grants that were awarded to Planned Parenthood for breast and cervical cancer screening, as well as a “Healthy Babies Initiative.” <u>The grant was authorized, regulated, administered and distributed through the State of Georgia.</u> Because of the criteria, regulations and parameters of the grant,<span style='font-size: 20pt'> Planned Parenthood was the only eligible vendor approved to meet the state criteria. Additionally, none of the services in any way involved abortions or abortion-related services.</span> In fact, state and federal law prohibits the use of taxpayer funds for abortions or abortion related services and I strongly support those laws. </div></div>

To the present announcement?

Q

LWW
02-02-2012, 05:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet another thread where you have made multiple posts and said nothing. If you had any brains at all you would realise that.

Q </div></div>

Yes, I have.

I have shown that you are against this ... yet, amazingly, can't explain why you are against it other than some moonbat crazy leftist site told you that you were against it.

Dance some more now ...

Qtec
02-08-2012, 06:12 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Karen Handel Denounces Planned Parenthood’s ‘Vicious Attacks And Coercion’ Against Komen Foundation

Karen Handel — who today resigned from her position as Susan G. Komen’s senior VP following a controversial policy change that resulted in the foundation cutting its grants to Planned Parenthood — visited America Live‘s Megyn Kelly to explain her decision to step down, as well as her role in the foundation’s new policy.

Handel told Kelly that it is adding that policy changes were carefully vetted.

“Last time I checked,” she continued, “private, non-profit organizations have a right and a responsibility to be able to set the highest standards in criteria on their own, without interference, let alone the level of vicious attacks and coercion that’s occurred by Planned Parenthood. It’s simply outrageous.”

RELATED: Karen Handel Resigns As Senior VP Of Susan G. Komen

Kelly brought up how, during her 2010 gubernatorial run in Georgia, Handel had been outspoken about wanting to strip Planned Parenthood of tax payer support. Handel insisted that her mission at Komen had always been, first and foremost, the cancer sufferers and survivors that the foundation serves. “The only group that has made this issue political,” she added, “has been Planned Parenthood.”

Watch, via Fox News: </div></div>

Classic Fox propaganda.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“absurd” to suggest she was the main force behind the foundation’s altered funding policy, </div></div>

She was. She admitted it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I openly acknowledge my role in the matter </div></div>

The skinny.

She got hired.
She is fanatically anti-abortion, anti- PP.
She came up with a way to cut PP off from funds...

...and SHE GOT CAUGHT and the public weren't having it.

End of story.

Well, not really.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">CEO of Komen told Andrea Mitchell that Karen Handel had no real role in the decision. Now she resigns because of that role. See the problem? </div></div>

watch it (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/susan-g-komen-founder-tells-shocked-and-angered-andrea-mitchell-they-didnt-de-fund-planned-parenthoo/)

Q

LWW
02-08-2012, 06:44 PM
And you still can't explain why you are against it ... other than you are told that you are against it.

Qtec
02-09-2012, 01:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you still can't explain why you are against it ... other than you are told that you are against it. </div></div>

Have a guess.

Q

LWW
02-09-2012, 05:05 AM
I already explained exactly why.

Qtec
02-10-2012, 06:56 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I already explained exactly why. </div></div>

Show me in this thread where you have explained your stand point.

Go on bigmouth.

" And?

That was my question. <span style="color: #3333FF">[ very informative so far!!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif ] </span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Yes, it is ... and one of the simplest possible as it is completely open ended.

And, somehow, you fail to pass even this simplest of tests.

No matter how low the bar is set ... you still manage to be able walk under it with a hat on. </div></div>

Now I understand...!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 20pt'>I have shown </span>that you are against this </div></div>

You haven't showed ANYTHING. Only in your imagination maybe!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And you still can't explain why you are against it ... other than you are told that you are against it </div></div>

Yet another nutjob answer!!!!!!!

Next question............LOL...that's all you have.

Q

LWW
02-10-2012, 06:09 PM
I haven't explained "MY STAND" ... nor even taken a stand.

What happened is that you started a thread, and I asked you to explain your thoughts since had neglected to do anything other than regurgitate what you had been spoon fed.

Oh, following that, you soiled your own self and had a fit.

IOW ... everything is normal.