PDA

View Full Version : A picture that's worth a trillion words ...

LWW
02-05-2012, 07:39 AM
http://keyboardmilitia.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/The_Forgotten_Man.jpg

Soflasnapper
02-05-2012, 10:35 AM
Meh. This version (http://i.imgur.com/V2rAF.jpg) is better.

Qtec
02-06-2012, 08:07 AM
I don't get it. GW ignored the USCON and none of them said squat!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The NSA warrantless surveillance controversy (AKA "Warrantless Wiretapping") concerns surveillance of persons within the United States during the collection of foreign intelligence by the U.S. National Security Agency (NSA) as part of the war on terror. Under this program, referred to by the Bush administration as the "terrorist surveillance program",[1] part of the broader President's Surveillance Program,<span style='font-size: 14pt'> the NSA is authorized by executive order to monitor, without search warrants, phone calls, Internet activity (Web, e-mail, etc.), text messaging, and other communication involving any party believed by the NSA to be outside the U.S., even if the other end of the communication lies within the U.S.</span> Critics, however, claimed that it was in an effort to attempt to silence critics of the Bush Administration and their handling of several hot button issues during its tenure. The Obama Administration has continued using these methods.[2] </div></div>

How about declaring US citizens non-citizens and denying them all basic USCON rights? Not a peep from those now with a big mouth!

Q

eg8r
02-06-2012, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't get it. GW ignored the USCON and none of them said squat!
</div></div>I don't get it...if you thought it was wrong of W to ignore the USCON why do you think it is ok for Obama to also ignore it?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-06-2012, 11:14 AM
Yes, it's ironic that it takes a different guy authorizing these acts for many to see that they may be wrong.

But you know what? I welcome their noticing this, even ironically late in the game.

And it is surely no adequate excuse for a former associate professor or lecturer on the Constitution to alibi that he wasn't the first to authorize such abuses. He knows they are wrong and why that is so.

It's not as if the Founding Father generation was blameless in actions that were offensive to the COTUS, considering the Alien and Sedition Act censorship of free political speech under an early one of them.

And as for Reagan's apparent concern for the man? He was the one who proclaimed that people 'were homeless' by choice, and preferred sleeping outdoors. What a great American freedom that represents! Every American, whether rich or poor, is free to try to live outdoors, and free to build whatever cardboard box over a steam grate they can muster the initiative to reclaim from a garbage heap.

cushioncrawler
02-06-2012, 03:03 PM
That money lying around iz the secret. This iz probly the eezyst way to fix things -- to help the poor.
mac.