PDA

View Full Version : Just when you think you've seen everything.

Cueless Joey
09-27-2002, 12:04 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1863970010
Another googan item. lol

09-27-2002, 12:46 PM
It's for real pool sharks! /ccboard/images/icons/wink.gif

Scott Lee
09-27-2002, 08:33 PM
Joey...I saw these cases at the trade show in New Orleans last July. Jerry Briesath bought one for $4000! Another was for sale for $8000! There is an incredible amount of workmanship that goes into these cases! They even have real shark's teeth! LOL This one is cheap by the prices others have already paid. The artist only made 8 of these cases...in various woods.

Scott Lee

09-28-2002, 04:44 AM
Man, this is just flat out bizarre. I have no doubt it's quality craftsmanship, but who would spend $1,000 let alone whatever the reserve is - maybe $3,000, who knows - for a novelty item like this. Somebody must have money to burn because you can't tell me you're going to walk into a pool hall with one of these. Of course, you could always make it the room mascot, say "Pocket Jaws."

Bob

shayla
09-28-2002, 09:00 AM
This past year in Vegas (for the 8-Ball Championships), we saw 2 guys carrying these cases. I thought they looked pretty neat and imagined how heavy they probably wore. It sure did grab some attention, but I never thought they'd be THAT expensive! Still kinda cool.

Chris Cass
09-28-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi Shayla,

I remember seeing the guy carrying one too. I thought they looked kinda cool but as I overheard the conversation. The guy said he had dropped one and it cost him. LOL

I'm staying with my JJustis case. I thought those cases were like $500. but $6500 well, I could think of other things I could have that would look just as stupid for less. hahahahahha

Regards,

C.C.~~painted a 9ball on his tennis shoes. $2.89

Harold Acosta
09-28-2002, 05:15 PM
I would purchase one of these but not for that price!

I have a 7 foot "Players" cue I purchased for $75.00. Sometimes I take it with me to a pool hall, leave it in the car, and when a play comes up where I have to stretch a lot, I'll ask for a break, go to the car, get that big sucker out and see the eyes of everyone open wide and the laughter at my gesture. Sometimes it serves as an ice-breaker when things are a little tense.

I could see myself with this Shark cue case but again, not for the price!

Ken
09-28-2002, 07:11 PM
Tommy Kennedy has one of those cases that was donated and will be given away to someone at the end of his tour. He said if he wins it he will take it. I think he said the value was set at $2,500.

I talked to the maker at the Challenge of Champions. He was holding one and showing it to people. It was getting a lot of attention. He felt people would buy one to display in their home and that it was not meant for every day use. I think he said he would make about one a month for a while.
KenCT

Cueless Joey
09-28-2002, 10:04 PM
Scott, I am astonished. I can't believe somebody would pay that kind of money for these cases. Then again, somebody paid like 40 K for Rempe's Meucci long time ago I read. lol