PDA

View Full Version : Mitch doubles down.

Qtec
02-13-2012, 07:04 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell:

""The fact that the White House thinks this is about contraception is the whole problem," the Kentucky Republican explained. "This is about freedom of religion. It's right there in the First Amendment. You can't miss it right there in the very First Amendment to our Constitution. And the government doesn't get to decide for religious people what their religious beliefs are."

</div></div>

Really Mitch?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Justice Antonin Scalia, writing the majority decision in Employment Division v. Smith:

We have never held that an individual's religious beliefs excuse him from compliance with an otherwise valid law prohibiting conduct that the State is free to regulate. On the contrary, the record of more than a century of our free exercise jurisprudence contradicts that proposition.

Furthermore,

When followers of a particular sect enter into commercial activity as a matter of choice, the limits they accept on their own conduct as a matter of conscience and faith are not to be superimposed on the statutory schemes which are binding on others in that activity.

In other words, <u>if they want to be members of American society, the Catholic bishops have to live by the rules of American society. </u>Antonin, please ring up ol' Mitch and set him straight
</div></div>

Q

LWW
02-14-2012, 04:36 AM
So you now agree that when select religious faiths were exempted from OBAMACARE it was wrong?

Qtec
02-14-2012, 05:42 AM
Oh...Oh my....what a PATHETIC comeback.

In fact, that was so poor it could not be classed as a comeback.

Summary.

LWW is lost for words, realises he has no answer and in desperation blurts out...`BUT OBAMA.........

LOL

Q

LWW
02-14-2012, 06:11 AM
Yes ... hypocrisy goes well with the class envy in your wild eyed fanaticism.

Dance some more for us.

eg8r
02-14-2012, 07:44 AM
I love it when your comprehension shows you to the be the fool you strive to be.

eg8r

LWW
02-14-2012, 04:42 PM
Why do you actually think it's about contraception?

I know the answer ... but I doubt that you do.

LWW
02-15-2012, 07:37 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you actually think it's about contraception?

I know the answer ... but I doubt that you do. </div></div>

Bump for the Snoop.

Qtec
02-16-2012, 01:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love it when your comprehension shows you to the be the fool you strive to be.

eg8r </div></div>

For the Catholic establishment, its about contraception. They want more Catholics, not less.
For the GOP like Mitch, its just another pathetic desperate attempt to attack Obama with more false outrage.
For the religious RW like yourself, its just another attempt to curb abortion and to force their religion on everyone else.

If you are against abortion, don't have one.
If you are against contraception, don't use it.

That's freedom.

Q

Qtec
02-16-2012, 02:14 AM
watch it (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-on-birth-control-opponents-liberty-for-employers-employees-can-go-fck-themselves/)

Q

LWW
02-16-2012, 06:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you actually think it's about contraception?

Bump for the Snoop. </div></div>

Bump for the snoop.

eg8r
02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the Catholic establishment, its about contraception. They want more Catholics, not less.
</div></div>LOL, and when proving the fool you are is not enough, you up the ante to become head idiot of all village idiots. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Keep it, please. Laughing at your expense is a nice break during the day.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2012, 09:13 AM
Nope, you tell me in your own words what you thought about it.

LWW
02-16-2012, 09:36 AM
A very good question:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nope, you tell me in your own words what you thought about it. </div></div>

An actual response from the snoop to a similar question in the past:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, you are absolutely right, I'm waiting for Obama to tell me what I think.........dumba$$.

Q </div></div>

Qtec
02-16-2012, 09:11 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">THE PILL
(Matt McGinn)

The pill, the pill, I'm pining for the pill
I'll never have any more because they're going to bless the pill

I wed when I was seventeen, I hadnae many brains
Says I the very thing is to fill the house with weans
But when I had a roomful, I went to see the priest
To tell him my man Willie was behaving like a beast

He gave me such a terrible row, my eyes were filled with tears
"How long have you been wed?" says he, says I, "This seven years"
Says he, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"You'd better give over all your evil, sinful tricks
You've been married seven years and you've only got the six"</span>

Now I'm coming up for forty, in my faith I've aye been true
The very last time I tallied them, I counted twenty two
But now I've lost the notion, for we're running short o' names
Though Willie he would welcome more, he's fond o' having weans

Now they're talking o' the pill, they've filled my heart wi' hope
I'm sitting here and waiting on a signal frae the Pope
I went along to buy some at fifteen bob a tin
I hope we hae the Pope's okay before my man comes in </div></div>

Its before your time.

Q........ 1968 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6ODFCMaGT4)

LWW
02-17-2012, 04:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you actually think it's about contraception?

Bump for the snoop. </div></div>

Bump for the snoop.

Qtec
02-17-2012, 07:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the Catholic establishment, its about contraception. They want more Catholics, not less.
</div></div>LOL, and when proving the fool you are is not enough, you up the ante to become head idiot of all village idiots. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif Keep it, please. Laughing at your expense is a nice break during the day.

eg8r </div></div>

Once again you show your ignorance. Did you do ANY research before you felt the urge to flap your factually ignorant mouth?

NAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH........

Did you know, of course you don't, that there is a provision in the Italian Constitution, a Catholic country heavily influenced by the Vatican and the Pope, that mentions LARGE families specifically?

What you don't know is that when 'the Pill' became available, there was a great debate within the Catholic Church as to was this acceptable or not.
The panel decided that it would be OK within marriage but the Pope at that time rejected their view and he did not bless the pill.

History has shown that Catholic women have ignored this dictate from the Pope.

I saw a tweet the other day,

" If Choirboys could get pregnant, the Vatican would be all for contraception".

Q.........hard but true.

NAHHHHHHH.

eg8r
02-17-2012, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Once again you show your ignorance.</div></div>Why is it ignorant to laugh at your stupidity? Seriously if you are going to flaunt it why shouldn't I chuckle.

eg8r

LWW
02-17-2012, 05:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why do you actually think it's about contraception?

Bump for the snoop.

Qtec
02-17-2012, 06:22 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know the answer . </div></div>

Really? I doubt it.

Q

cushioncrawler
02-17-2012, 08:18 PM
DAD:
There are Jews in the world.
There are Buddhists.
There are Hindus and Mormons, and then
There are those that follow Mohammed, but
I've never been one of them.

I'm a Roman Catholic,
And have been since before I was born,
And the one thing they say about Catholics is:
They'll take you as soon as you're warm.

You don't have to be a six-footer.
You don't have to have a great brain.
You don't have to have any clothes on. You're
A Catholic the moment Dad came,

Because

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite irate.

GIRL:
Let the heathen spill theirs
On the dusty ground.
God shall make them pay for
Each sperm that can't be found.

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is wanted.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

MUM:
Hindu, Taoist, Mormon,
Spill theirs just anywhere,
But God loves those who treat their
Semen with more care.

MEN:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
WOMEN:
If a sperm is wasted,...
CHILDREN:
...God get quite irate.

PRIEST:
Every sperm is sacred.
BRIDE and GROOM:
Every sperm is good.
NANNIES:
Every sperm is needed...
CARDINALS:
...In your neighbourhood!

CHILDREN:
Every sperm is useful.
Every sperm is fine.
FUNERAL CORTEGE:
God needs everybody's.
MOURNER #1:
Mine!
MOURNER #2:
And mine!
CORPSE:
And mine!

NUN:
Let the Pagan spill theirs
O'er mountain, hill, and plain.
HOLY STATUES:
God shall strike them down for
Each sperm that's spilt in vain.

EVERYONE:
Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is good.
Every sperm is needed
In your neighbourhood.

Every sperm is sacred.
Every sperm is great.
If a sperm is wasted,
God gets quite iraaaaaate!

cushioncrawler
02-17-2012, 08:21 PM
Oklahoma Democrat Adds ‘Every Sperm Is Sacred’ Amendment To Personhood Bill
By Marie Diamond on Feb 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Despite being rebuffed by voters in Mississippi and Colorado, proponents of the “personhood” movement are still pushing to enact legislation in states like Ohio and Oklahoma that would give zygotes the same rights as American citizens. These bills would not only criminalize abortion in all circumstances, they would also outlaw common forms of contraception, as well as in vitro fertilization.

To poke fun at the absurdity of the measure, Oklahoma state Sen. Constance Johnson (D), has tacked on a provision affirming — in the words of a famous Monty Python song — that every sperm is sacred:

State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City has served Oklahoma’s 48th Senate District since 2005, but it was yesterday’s introduction of Senate Bill 1433 that really pushed her over the edge. The bill sought to define human life as beginning at the moment of conception, before it’s even implanted in the womb, and offers full legal protection to those tiny multicelled lumps. In the words of the bill, “the unborn child at every stage of development (has) all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of this state.”

Johnson submitted an amendment of her own to the bill, which would have added the language,

However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.

Among other things, Johnson’s amendment would essentially outlaw oral sex, anal sex, and masturbation. Were it not a satirical bill, it would almost certainly be deemed unconstitutional.

To prove that her amendment was in jest, Johnson voted with her colleagues to table it later in the day. But it does illustrate a serious point: only about half of fertilized eggs develop into a pregnancy. If Republican lawmakers are willing to declare every cluster of cells with the potential to become a fetus a person, why stop at fertilized eggs? Why not sperm as well?

To protest the inherent sexism of the personhood bill, another Democratic senator attempted to add an amendment that would require the father of the child to be financially responsible for the mother’s health care, housing, and other expenses while she is pregnant.

Qtec
02-18-2012, 05:14 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In response to that bill, Sen. Jim Wilson, D-Tahlequah, who is strongly pro-choice, offered an amendment that would make the father of an unborn child financially responsible for its mother's health care, housing, transportation and nourishment while she is pregnant.

Wilson's amendment failed. </div></div>

LOL. What a bunch of hypocrites they are.

An embryo is a person ,,,,,,,,,but not if it costs me money!

Q

LWW
02-18-2012, 07:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I know the answer . </div></div>

Really? I doubt it.

Q </div></div>

So you obviously don't know why you believe it ... other than you were told to believe it?

But ... I already knew that.

LWW
02-18-2012, 07:08 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In response to that bill, Sen. Jim Wilson, D-Tahlequah, who is strongly pro-choice, offered an amendment that would make the father of an unborn child financially responsible for its mother's health care, housing, transportation and nourishment while she is pregnant.

Wilson's amendment failed. </div></div>

LOL. What a bunch of hypocrites they are.

An embryo is a person ,,,,,,,,,but not if it costs me money!

Q </div></div>

Why did it fail?

What was the vote breakdown?

What's that?

You don't care?

LWW
02-18-2012, 07:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cushioncrawler</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oklahoma Democrat Adds ‘Every Sperm Is Sacred’ Amendment To Personhood Bill
By Marie Diamond on Feb 8, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Despite being rebuffed by voters in Mississippi and Colorado, proponents of the “personhood” movement are still pushing to enact legislation in states like Ohio and Oklahoma that would give zygotes the same rights as American citizens. These bills would not only criminalize abortion in all circumstances, they would also outlaw common forms of contraception, as well as in vitro fertilization.

To poke fun at the absurdity of the measure, Oklahoma state Sen. Constance Johnson (D), has tacked on a provision affirming — in the words of a famous Monty Python song — that every sperm is sacred:

State Senator Constance Johnson of Oklahoma City has served Oklahoma’s 48th Senate District since 2005, but it was yesterday’s introduction of Senate Bill 1433 that really pushed her over the edge. The bill sought to define human life as beginning at the moment of conception, before it’s even implanted in the womb, and offers full legal protection to those tiny multicelled lumps. In the words of the bill, “the unborn child at every stage of development (has) all the rights, privileges, and immunities available to other persons, citizens, and residents of this state.”

Johnson submitted an amendment of her own to the bill, which would have added the language,

However, any action in which a man ejaculates or otherwise deposits semen anywhere but in a woman’s vagina shall be interpreted and construed as an action against an unborn child.

Among other things, Johnson’s amendment would essentially outlaw oral sex, anal sex, and masturbation. Were it not a satirical bill, it would almost certainly be deemed unconstitutional.

To prove that her amendment was in jest, Johnson voted with her colleagues to table it later in the day. But it does illustrate a serious point: only about half of fertilized eggs develop into a pregnancy. If Republican lawmakers are willing to declare every cluster of cells with the potential to become a fetus a person, why stop at fertilized eggs? Why not sperm as well?

To protest the inherent sexism of the personhood bill, another Democratic senator attempted to add an amendment that would require the father of the child to be financially responsible for the mother’s health care, housing, and other expenses while she is pregnant. </div></div>

How about a link to the bill?

What's that?

You haven't read it and therefore have no actual knowledge of what abny of it means?

What's that?

You prefer your "TRUTH" to be spoon fed to you by moonbat crazy leftists?

Qtec
02-19-2012, 02:19 AM
link (http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+ful+HB462)

It doesn't take long to read.

BTW, the link was in the article that I pasted. link (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/02/14/englin-blasts-gop-bill-for-requiring-vaginal-penetration/)

earlier post (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377818#Post377818)

Q

LWW
02-19-2012, 03:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> link (http://lis.virginia.gov/cgi-bin/legp604.exe?121+ful+HB462)

It doesn't take long to read.

BTW, the link was in the article that I pasted. link (http://www.arlnow.com/2012/02/14/englin-blasts-gop-bill-for-requiring-vaginal-penetration/)

earlier post (http://billiardsdigest.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=377818#Post377818)

Q </div></div>

None of your links there have anything to do with the topic of this thread.

Now, why do you think this has been spun to be supposedly about contraception?