PDA

View Full Version : Megadeath frontman: Santorum is the one!

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 12:42 PM
Endorsing! (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/megadeth-frontman-mustaine-endorses-rick-santorum.php?ref=fpnewsfeed)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Looking at the Republican candidates, I’ve got to tell you, I was floored the other day to see that Mitt Romney’s five boys have a $100 million trust fund. Where does a guy make that much money? So there’s some questions there. And watching Newt Gingrich, I was pretty excited for a while, but now he’s just gone back to being that person that everybody said he was - that angry little man. I still like him, but I don’t think I’d vote for him.

“Ron Paul… you know, I heard somebody say he was like insecticide - 98 percent of it’s inert gases, but it’s the two percent that’s left that will kill you. What that means is that he’ll make total sense for a while, and then he’ll say something so way out that it negates everything else. I like the guy because he knows how to excite the youth of America and fill them in on some things. But when he says that we’re like the Taliban… I’m sorry, Congressman Paul, but I’m nothing like the Taliban.

“Earlier in the election, I was completely oblivious as to who Rick Santorum was, but when the dude went home to be with his daughter when she was sick, that was very commendable… </div></div>

So Rick's presidential qualifier, to this guy, is being a good father? Developing...

Ron Paul = insecticide = ROFL! (I disagree, but that is a funny line!)

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 02:31 PM
Noting also that Santorum is Pro-Life (so Megadeath's endorsement is a touch ironic, no?).

eg8r
02-15-2012, 02:51 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So Rick's presidential qualifier, to this guy, is being a good father?</div></div>Is that what he said? I don't feel like going to read what was actually said after the part you cut off. Based on what you have chosen to quote it appears that all he has said is that it was commendable for Santorum to go be with his sick daughter. Do you disagree that it was commendable?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 03:09 PM
I quoted the entire quotation used by the cited linked page (ellipses at the link).

Looking at THEIR link to the interview, this is the rest of what he said on that topic, following directly after where the previous quote ended:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Also, just watching how he hasn't gotten into doing these horrible, horrible attack ads like Mitt Romney's done against Newt Gingrich, and then the volume at which Newt has gone back at Romney… You know, I think Santorum has some presidential qualities, and I'm hoping that if it does come down to it, we'll see a Republican in the White House... and that it's Rick Santorum."</div></div>

Yes, of course, it's commendable for a candidate to pay attention to his family. It's not a particular qualifier for being president, though.

To be fair, the guy says there are other presidential qualities that he sees in Santorum, but again, what he lists-- not airing attack ads-- is making a virtue out of a necessity.

SANTORUM has almost no money! He's barely keeping the lights on, and cannot afford massive ad buys.

More, he has not yet been attacked by such ads (in his previous 'also-ran' last place position), and therefore hasn't needed to counterattack with his own ads, if he could afford to run them.

But he will be, very soon, so we'll see if he maintains his 'high road' campaign when kicked in the nuts by Romney's SuperPac.

Qtec
02-16-2012, 04:44 AM
I have more chance of being POTUS than Frothy Rick does. LOL Then again, its great to watch the train wreck that's called the Republican Party in action.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>Daily Kos Campaign Meddles In GOP Primary, Aiming To Keep ‘Clown Show Going’ </span>

Markos Moulitsas, Daily Kos founder, is launching an initiative aimed to make the Republican primary even longer and, in the process, give Democrats a boost. Calling it <span style='font-size: 14pt'>“Operation Hilarity,”</span> Daily Kos is urging Democrats <u>to vote for Rick Santorum in states that have open primaries and caucuses.</u> <span style='font-size: 17pt'>Why? Because, among other reasons, “it’s freaking hilarious.”</span>

He continues:

I mean,<span style='font-size: 23pt'> Rick Santorum? Really?</span> The Republicans have offered up this big, slow, juicy softball. Let’s have fun whacking the heck out of it.</div></div>

Oh boy.

Q.....Ha

eg8r
02-16-2012, 08:51 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have more chance of being POTUS than Frothy Rick does.</div></div>Nope, you are a proven criminal. Besides your obvious lack of education and intelligence they would blow you away based on your past.

eg8r

LWW
02-16-2012, 09:18 AM
Among our resident leftists, a criminal history seems to be quite usual.

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 12:12 PM
The Bush/Cheney ticket was the first one to feature any person with a criminal conviction. 4 in total, I believe (all DUIs, one for W, 3 for Cheney).

Might as well set that bar very high, so they can maintain the record they set after shattering the previous 'no criminal conviction' standard.

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 03:49 PM
Now he says it wasn't an endorsement, and points to the lack of the word 'endorse' in anything he said. That last part is true, at least.