PDA

View Full Version : Whitney Houston's death, FoxNews ugly comments

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 01:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fox News’s website, like all other media sites, posted an article on the passing of Ms. Houston on Saturday, moments after the news broke. It was the same article that AP posted, and that CNN posted and that everyone posted. With one distinct difference: the comments. You can’t find any of those comments today, as Fox deleted every single one. Over 5,000 comments, gone. Why? Because the comments that were written in response to that first article were vile, hateful, racist, evil, cruel and bordered on illegal. Daily Kos and Little Green Footballs got hold of some of them before the purge, and posted them within their own articles. But neither site took it much further than that, almost as if the comments were the whole story. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yesterday (Monday), against my better judgment, I visited the Fox website, and found another article about the death of Whitney Houston, written that morning. I scrolled down, and lo and behold, hundred and hundreds of comments had been posted in response to this article as well. The “scrubbers” were not keeping up, it seemed, and these comments were still posted in all their glory. Below are a few of them, but be warned, I did not edit these. I will never edit hate, because by editing it, you give it power.

Her d y i n g words were….I just want to be f u c k i n g w h i t e!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Every progressive and Obama supporter deserves to suffer the exact same fate as she did.
Progressives/Obama supporters + Rx pills + booze + filled bathtub = win for America

just another crack head knee grow

The buckwheat supporter is dead !

NE G RO ES ARE DISGUSTING!. THEY SMELL LIKE S H I T AND ARE DMB LIKE WET BAKS. TOTALLY USELESS RACE OF INSECTS.

I am not the least bit racist, but I see this as an analogy to the theatrical series “Planet of the Apes”. So many African-Americans have chosen to use drugs and abandon their kids that the chickens are coming home to roost. Whitney does her people a disservice by the lifestyle she chose to live. (10 people liked this comment.) </div></div>

Hate, Pulling Back the Curtain (http://madmikesamerica.com/2012/02/hate-pulling-back-the-curtain/)

LWW
02-15-2012, 01:48 PM
So your point is that the DailyKook is reporting something they can't prove ... and that FOX won't tolerate racists posting comments to their site?

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 02:28 PM
Can't prove? Haha! Having never heard of Google's cache methods, perhaps?

Look, you cut and paste and that is proof as well, regardless if the original posts have been deleted.

And the cited commentary is the NEW (improved?) comment thread on Fox on this matter, so if they won't tolerate their racist audience posting up such garbage, why are they again allowing it?

eg8r
02-15-2012, 02:47 PM
Why do you think the members from Daily Kos and Little Green Footballs were on the Fox website making these posts? Do you think it is because they were trying to "manufacture" news? Sure sounds like it since Fox did the right thing and attempted to purge all that garbage as fast as they could.

Then the Daily Kos users started it up again when Fox thought they had cleaned the site up. Seriously sofla, I did not expect this type of BS post from you but I guess you do choose to lower the bar every once in a while.

The reason I think this was manufactured by the users from Daily Kos is simply based on sofla's statements about the average age of the people that watch Fox and the use of words you are seeing in the comments. They don't match. Senior citizens (as sofla says is the only demographic paying attention to Fox), for the most part do not talk like that. Now go over to the Daily Kos and you will see language like that all the time.

Just a little common sense will show you this is manufactured news.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-15-2012, 02:57 PM
There is no evidence that Fox's website was hacked in the sense you claim-- that outsiders from various liberal leaning websites maliciously put up faux posts to try to smear Fox's audience as racists.

Yes, it's true that Fox's audience skews to older ages, but that doesn't mean that there aren't tens of thousands or a hundred thousand of younger viewers as well who WOULD be more likely to post on-line (just not the millions level of persons as their total audience amounts to).

So far as I remember, the LittleGreenFootball site was a leader AGAINST OBAMA (pro-Hillary, pro-PUMA (Party Unity My Ass)), and a proponent of the birther conspiracy theory. What its founder Charles Johnson is most known for probably is his early role at that site calling out the Dan Rather/60 Minutes II memoes detailing W's military record as forgeries done in MS Word.

I give your theory a slight chance of being slightly true, but a very slight chance indeed. I await SOME evidence other than sheer guesswork on your part before thinking it has any higher chance of truth than that.

eg8r
02-15-2012, 08:41 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I give your theory a slight chance of being slightly true, but a very slight chance indeed. I await SOME evidence other than sheer guesswork on your part before thinking it has any higher chance of truth than that.
</div></div>LOL, based on your partisanship I am sure you would. LOL, it is guesswork on your part though. It is funny that in your whole defense you never mentioned Daily Kos which is really where this type of behaviour originates from. I don't expect you to admonish their behaviour though, just when they do it on the Fox website is when you have a problem with it.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 01:25 AM
Has anyone else made the same brilliant deduction as you, to your knowledge? Or is it a unique insight?

Qtec
02-16-2012, 04:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Has anyone else made the same brilliant deduction as you, to your knowledge? Or is it a unique insight? </div></div>

eg8r has failed to prove a single thing he has claimed in the last 10 years of misguided opinion he calls belief.

Don't you know by now that what eg8r thinks MUST be true, just because he thinks it? Pretty much the same with the other part of the comedy duo, LWW.

They resemble Laurel and Hardy.

One stupid statement after the other, increasingly getting more outlandish and further separated from reality.

Q

eg8r
02-16-2012, 08:45 AM
LOL, well you have only provided this to probably the 4 people here that actually respond on the site so do you need me to do the math for you? There are two here who look at what is provided and objectively respond and then there are the two of you that attack the right no matter if it is truthful or not.

I am simply asking you to drop your guard and actually go look at the normal comments on a daily basis at Daily Kos. Is that too hard. Seeing this type of behavior there is as common as the sun rising every day. I don't care about your petty attempts to attack Fox, we have all grown callous to it since that is qtips mantra. If you want to lower the bar for yourself then have at it.

eg8r

eg8r
02-16-2012, 08:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">eg8r has failed to prove a single thing he has claimed in the last 10 years of misguided opinion he calls belief.
</div></div>Spoken from the true liar who might actually beleive he has ever proved anything.

Note: sofla never proved anything either. He quoted some article claiming something that hasn't been proven. All I have asked is that you look at the normal comments on the two sites and tell me which one more closely resembles the alleged posts on Fox.

eg8r

LWW
02-16-2012, 09:16 AM
Where our resident leftists lose all credibility on this is that there have been a legion of similar incidents shown ... many with the approval of the White House ... and they write it off as just a few crackpots.

Yet, when an incident does occur ... they demand that it be considered the official opinion of FOX NEWS even though they retract and condemn it.

eg8r
02-16-2012, 11:26 AM
This is a freaking petty post that seems to be way below sofla but I guess the negativity of this board is bringing him down also. If the comments were actually made, by Daily Kos members or not, Fox obviously disapproved and removed them. This is a non-issue other than why on earth are Daily Kos members reading Fox anyways, let alone comment on the issues?

Sofla for some ignorant reason acts like this could never be the case but maybe he just isn't paying close enough attention or his disdain for Fox has his judgement clouded.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 12:19 PM
I found some Free Republic Freepers making the same claim as you have, again without any shred of evidence substantiating it. So there is some support. However, they mention right in their comments on this that any such racist remark wouldn't last 5 minutes on their board-- the moderators would have it down that quickly.

It's not some stretch of the imagination to think there continues to be a racist element on the right. Bernie Goldberg, the former CBS liberal who's turned against his former liberals, made this point on O'Reilly's show recently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bernie Goldberg Fumes To Bill O’Reilly Over ‘Bigotry On The Right’: ‘I’m Sick Of This’ </div></div>

link to Mediaite (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/bernie-goldberg-fumes-to-bill-oreilly-over-bigotry-on-the-right-im-sick-of-this/)

eg8r
02-16-2012, 01:17 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I found some Free Republic Freepers making the same claim as you have, again without any shred of evidence substantiating it.</div></div>Doesn't matter how many other sources substantiate what I have said. All you have to do is open your eyes and take an objective look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's not some stretch of the imagination to think there continues to be a racist element on the right.</div></div>Don't think anyone has stated this at all. Strawman. It shouldn't take much of a stretch of your mind to drop the partisan BS and just say there continues to be a racist element across all political parties that represent the people of the US. Sad to say racism is not dead but never understand why people put themselves on a pedestal to point out it might still be alive in an opposing party without ever addressing it in your own party.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 05:03 PM
You have an entirely SUBJECTIVE argument, that it seems this must be so, TO YOU.

In my OWN party, not so long ago, it was the claim of the Obama side that the Hillary side was racist, or using racist 'dog whistle' signals that could be denied.

This is not ancient history (although it was mainly false, in my view).

eg8r
02-16-2012, 07:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You have an entirely SUBJECTIVE argument, that it seems this must be so, TO YOU.
</div></div>Have you even bothered to take me up on the challenge?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my OWN party, not so long ago, it was the claim of the Obama side that the Hillary side was racist, or using racist 'dog whistle' signals that could be denied.

This is not ancient history (although it was mainly false, in my view).</div></div>You took an opportunity to pull the racism card in a post where you mislead people to think it has to do with Fox when in your own story it is clear Fox removed the offending posts. I have yet to see you produce your google cache proof of this happening though so we are still left to just "believe", without any substantive proof, the Daily Kos on their own "merit". Sorry if I don't bow as you do to the almighty Daily Kos where this type of language and activity take place on a daily basis and is never removed.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-16-2012, 08:37 PM
I believe you might find D-Kossacks using bad language about Republicans. Probably will not find them using racist language, as a general rule.

Then there's this report:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LA radio hosts suspended for Houston comments

excerpt:

The hosts, who broadcast their show weekday afternoons, will return to the airwaves Feb. 27.

Photos: In Memoriam: Whitney Houston

Kobylt and Chiampou often rail against taxes and illegal immigration. The National Hispanic Media Coalition said last year that it targeted the show's advertisers to urge them to stop backing the program.

The group said the hosts promote hate speech and appealed to listeners to call and harass an advocate for immigrant rights about state legislation to give financial aid to illegal immigrant college students.
</div></div>
Here (http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=704775)

Since the comments they were suspended for came out of their own mouths on-air, there isn't much of an argument that in this case, they were pranked or punked by fake callers or some other ruse. Since they speak about the subject matter they do, they are apparently in the mainstream of right wing red-hots-- all the usual hot button issues consistent with that.

What's so hard for you to wrap your head around this? No conservative would ever, ever say such a thing, so you know it didn't happen on the Fox site? They do say such things. I know, I have an all-conservative Republican family, and I know exactly what kinds of racist things I've heard from them.

And when it's not racist, it can still boorish and in poor taste. Or amount to an illegal advocacy of causing harm (words will not be quoted, to spare a visit from federal authorities).

LWW
02-17-2012, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a freaking petty post that seems to be way below sofla

eg8r </div></div>

Sorry, but I find it typical of him.

Defending the regime and his beloved demokrook party comes before personal dignity to this crew.

LWW
02-17-2012, 04:44 AM
The moonbat crazy left will always accept the spoon feeding of the DailyKook as if it were spake by dear leader himself.

After all, it has now been shown that Gyorgy Soros lefd groups are spoon feeding the regime's talking points to a large segment of the media ... as well as pulling the puppet strings of the regime itself.

eg8r
02-17-2012, 08:33 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Since the comments they were suspended for came out of their own mouths on-air, there isn't much of an argument that in this case, they were pranked or punked by fake callers or some other ruse.</div></div>Refer back to my post where I said racism is still alive in this country. By defending Fox in this thread you somehow believe I am removing the entire burden from all Reps.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What's so hard for you to wrap your head around this? </div></div>Look, you are the one that ran your mouth about the google cache. I am guessing at this point you have "heard" about it but really have no idea what it is. What's so hard for you to wrap your head around the fact that Fox was in the good by removing the posts, you were a tool for using the subject heading that you did, and that it is entirely plausible that this was all done by people from Daily Kos?

What other outlets are talking about this and not referencing Daily Kos or LGF? All the ones I have looked pretty quickly were references to the Daily Kos reference.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-17-2012, 11:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is a freaking petty post that seems to be way below sofla

eg8r </div></div>

Sorry, but I find it typical of him.

Defending the regime and his beloved demokrook party comes before personal dignity to this crew. </div></div>

So, when I post up 'Repulsive Progressive Hypocrisy,' calling out Democrats and liberals and progressives for meekly going along with Obama's various W-like actions, that is how I DEFEND the party?

Wow! Imagine if I REALLY criticized them! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

You cannot see things right in front of your face, apparently. Maybe it's that I don't use your childish names for them, that you cannot figure this out? 'Repulsive' just doesn't carry the 'sting' that 'Democrooks' does, for you?

The disproof of your statement is right there on the board in that thread.

eg8r
02-17-2012, 11:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, when I post up 'Repulsive Progressive Hypocrisy,' calling out Democrats and liberals and progressives for meekly going along with Obama's various W-like actions, that is how I DEFEND the party?</div></div>Well gosh darn, never too little too late then is it. Where was this outcry while it was happening?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-17-2012, 11:48 AM
You're arguing against yourself, like a lawyer argues 'in the alternative.' Lawyers are allowed to do that, and it's expected of them, but outside the courtroom, it's a little bizarre.

So, 'it didn't happen at all,' or 'those supposed quotes were fabricated instead of being actual quotes from that site's comments section on that article,' becomes 'and those comments? the ones that never were on that article-- those were put there as rat-f*g by various leftists!'

Please pick one position and stick to it.

Yes, LGF AND D-Kos posted up what they said were quotes copied from the later-deleted thread.

It's a little hard to call Charles Johnson at LGF a down-the-line leftist or Democrat supporter, considering he was among the leaders in calling the alleged memo reported by Dan Rather about W's TANG or AANG service a forgery. (True, and I remember that occurring.)

I still don't know why this has struck you so painfully. Maybe it's the phrasing of the title. To be more clear, FoxNews itself did not make these comments, and if I implied they did, that was a mistake in phrasing. They did not make them-- whoever commented did-- and FoxNews did take them down. And good for them.

This post meant to call out the commenters (commentators?), not FoxNews. In my view, those comments accurately reflect part of the FoxNews audience. How large a part remains a question.

eg8r
02-17-2012, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So, 'it didn't happen at all,' or 'those supposed quotes were fabricated instead of being actual quotes from that site's comments section on that article,' becomes 'and those comments? the ones that never were on that article-- those were put there as rat-f*g by various leftists!'
</div></div>I have picked a position and it is that Fox is in the right for deleting the posts and you are a tool for using the subject heading that you did. If and this is a giant IF the posts really did happen, which you have yet to prove, then I don't believe they are from normal Fox followers. Not to hard to figure out but sometimes you tend to outsmart yourself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, LGF AND D-Kos posted up what they said were quotes copied from the later-deleted thread.
</div></div>Yep and they provided zero proof yet you believed every word of it without looking into it any further. Seems out of character for you but maybe not.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's a little hard to call Charles Johnson at LGF a down-the-line leftist or Democrat supporter, considering he was among the leaders in calling the alleged memo reported by Dan Rather about W's TANG or AANG service a forgery. (True, and I remember that occurring.)
</div></div>Who has called him that and why are you bringing up a strawman?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I still don't know why this has struck you so painfully. Maybe it's the phrasing of the title. To be more clear, FoxNews itself did not make these comments, and if I implied they did, that was a mistake in phrasing.</div></div>That is exactly the problem. Fox has a bad enough rap that they don't need you fabricating an unintended lie about them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In my view, those comments accurately reflect part of the FoxNews audience. </div></div>In my view they more accurately reflect the posting style of those from the Daily Kos. That type of language is used all over that board and to completely disregard the idea that they could have fabricated posts on the Fox News website just is not being honest. You are the one that brought up google caching so I am waiting to see you provide the proof. I am sure you can understand that we are a bit hesitant to accept the "proof" from the Daily Kos.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-17-2012, 05:35 PM
Quote (me):

It's a little hard to call Charles Johnson at LGF a down-the-line leftist or Democrat supporter, considering he was among the leaders in calling the alleged memo reported by Dan Rather about W's TANG or AANG service a forgery. (True, and I remember that occurring.)

You: Who has called him that and why are you bringing up a strawman?

----------

Charles Johnson is the site founder at LGF. He is the one who saw, and then copied and pasted what he found at the FoxNews comment section, into his post on this subject at LGF.

That is, it wasn't only D-Kos who claimed to have seen these things there, and copy and paste exemplary posts from that comment thread. It was also Charles Johnson, corroborating D-Kos, independently.

He has some credibility as a W partisan, as at least not some down-the-line Democrat, as he was a key factor in the early argument that the alleged ANG document was a forgery (which worked to aid W in that kerfuffle, and against Dan Rather and 60 Minutes II).

LWW
02-18-2012, 04:55 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Quote (me):

It's a little hard to call Charles Johnson at LGF a down-the-line leftist or Democrat supporter, considering he was among the leaders in calling the alleged memo reported by Dan Rather about W's TANG or AANG service a forgery. (True, and I remember that occurring.)</div></div>

So your point is that anyone who disputes the Rathergate fraud can't possibly be a dem supporter?

Soflasnapper
02-18-2012, 11:32 AM
Not in the Stalinist yellow dog Democrat meaning of being a 'Dem supporter,' no. A true believer type would have defended that memo's authenticity, not debunked it.

Johnson helped LEAD that debunking, jumping in very early to show his 'animated GIF' evidence, where in he duplicated very closely the memo font styles in an MS Word document, alternating the two views to show how closely matched they were.

LWW
02-19-2012, 08:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not in the Stalinist yellow dog Democrat meaning of being a 'Dem supporter,' no. A true believer type would have defended that memo's authenticity, not debunked it.

Johnson helped LEAD that debunking, jumping in very early to show his 'animated GIF' evidence, where in he duplicated very closely the memo font styles in an MS Word document, alternating the two views to show how closely matched they were. </div></div>

Thank you for finally confessing that Senator Joseph Raymond McCarthy was right ... a large portion of the demokrook party was in cahoots with the Soviet Union.

Soflasnapper
02-19-2012, 11:57 AM
It's always a mistake to take an analogy literally, OR to take a joke literally. So I appreciate your spin jibe. LOL!

eg8r
02-19-2012, 08:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Charles Johnson is the site founder at LGF. He is the one who saw, and then copied and pasted what he found at the FoxNews comment section, into his post on this subject at LGF.

That is, it wasn't only D-Kos who claimed to have seen these things there, and copy and paste exemplary posts from that comment thread. It was also Charles Johnson, corroborating D-Kos, independently.

He has some credibility as a W partisan</div></div>LOL, the only reason you think he has any "credibility" at this point is that he tends to be on the side of this story which you are unwilling to research. You are buying it hook line and sinker, making fun of lww about google cache yet sitting there producing nothing.

That is fine, just man up and say you are unwilling to have an open mind and look at the daily hate filled posts on the Daily Kos to see that this line of posting is quite similar to what happens on that site.

Now you seem to hard up on this issue as to the fact that Johnson saw these posts on Fox and that somehow must preclude the chance to Daily Kos users made those posts. You are making a ridiculous assertion. I am NOT saying it wasn't Fox users, and I am NOT saying it wasn't Daily Kos users. All I am saying is that if you look at the general posting style of the responses on both sites you will find much more similarity on the Daily Kos than you would on the Fox News site.

Pull your head our of your rear and just look around before making yet another defensive post that does nothing to defend your position. You made a BS thread and now you don't know how to back yourself out of it. I hope in the future you revert back to your normal posting style because this doesn't suit you at all.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-19-2012, 09:40 PM
Sorry I don't measure up always to some mythical standard you propound, LOL!

It's all me, all the time, whatever differences you think you see.

This, just like the rest.

Frankly, I don't know how to access Google's cache function, except when it appears as a second link on searches, and I think a CURRENT cache of that FoxNews article would likely be more recent than before the comment section was entirely deleted.

If I went to that trouble, it would be without probative value, as your fall-back position alibis what might be found there. So what's the point to spend that time? No point at all.

I greatly doubt you've spent a lot of time viewing comment threads at D-Kos. I have occasionally, and I have never seen anything resembling the racist language that DK and LGF claimed to have copied off the now-vanished comment thread.

Writing slurs with odd spellings or spacings (like ni66er) to avoid filters? I've never seen that anywhere, and not on DKos that I've read.

They might have dissed Michael Steele or Justice Thomas as 'toms' or the like, but not in the style you suggest they use all the time, similar to the ethnic insult stylings of the alleged FN comments.