PDA

View Full Version : INCONVENIENT TRUTH OF THE DAY 02/19/12

LWW
02-19-2012, 07:19 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">NEW YORK (AP) -- Gasoline prices have never been higher this time of the year.

At $3.53 a gallon, prices are already up 25 cents since Jan. 1. And experts say they could reach a record $4.25 a gallon by late April. </div></div>

And from the left ... crickets. (http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_GAS_PRICES?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2012-02-18-16-20-35)

Soflasnapper
02-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Hilariously, you pose this as some left/right argument?

Why not stick with the facts?

Fact 1: demand for gasoline in this country is at an 11-year low, as people are driving less, and using more efficient cars when they do drive

Fact 2: domestic production of oil has increased to a 5-year high

Fact 3: in the most recent runup in prices before this one, the Libya conflict started right at that time (it was geopolitics in the oil producing area, and speculation in the futures market)

Facts 4 & 5: world demand is growing, and the Iran situation is near critical:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Paul Dales, a senior economist at Capital Economics says it would take a bigger shift in the global economy - say, a deep recession in Europe or a slowdown in Asia's manufacturing - for pump prices to drop noticeably. Either event would slow oil demand, depressing prices.

But experts expect demand to keep rising. World oil demand is expected to increase by another 1.5 percent to 89.25 million barrels a day in 2012, according to the Energy Information Administration.

In the short term, tensions with Iran are feeding fears that oil supplies could be blocked.

The U.S. and Europe are tightening economic sanctions against Iran over what the West believes is Iran's attempt to build a nuclear bomb. World leaders fear Israel may be planning a strike against Iran, the world's third largest oil exporter.

In response, Iran has threatened to withhold its own oil deliveries and to block the Strait of Hormuz, a waterway along its coastline through which one-fifth of the world's oil flows.

On Friday, an international banking clearinghouse crucial to Iran's oil sales said it is prepared to discontinue services to Iranian financial institutions being targeted by the EU and U.S. sanctions. That could ratchet up the pressure on Iran, but also send oil prices soaring.</div></div>

So King <s>Canute</s> Newt the Great will order <s>the seas to recede</s> the world oil prices to go so low that we will have $2.50 a gallon price for gas, with likely the same actual results as old Canute?

Or maybe the claim is that the Keystone WL pipeline will reduce oil prices? Except even the company estimates it will cause the price of oil to the Midwest to go up?

LWW
02-19-2012, 04:56 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hilariously, you pose this as some left/right argument?

Why not stick with the facts?</div></div>

OK, I will if you will ... but I doubt that you will.

FACT #1: When oil prices rose before the left bleated incessantly about how the fault was the fault the Bush regime and only the Bush regime.

FACT #2: This time around the left is bleating incessantly about how the fault is anyhing, everything, anyone and everyone except the Obama regime.

Next shameless denial?

cushioncrawler
02-19-2012, 06:57 PM
Like i sayd, if theusofa iz a nett exporter then?????????????????????????????????????????????? ????
mac.

Soflasnapper
02-19-2012, 07:17 PM
What a steaming heap of seething grievance pushing!

You must have misheard the saying as 'two wrongs make a right.'

WERE THE LEFT CORRECT to blame W for the high gas prices in his term, or NOT? I thought your position was that they were not.

So you now take their incorrect position, out of some p!ssing contest mentality?

Moping around, bitterly angry and stupid, is no way to live, pal. There's no need for an inferiority complex.

Forgive 7 x 70 times, is the prescription of our Lord.

Stretch
02-19-2012, 09:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a steaming heap of seething grievance pushing!

WERE THE LEFT CORRECT to blame W for the high gas prices in his term, or NOT? I thought your position was that they were not.

So you now take their incorrect position, out of some p!ssing contest mentality?

Moping around, bitterly angry and stupid, is no way to live, pal. There's no need for an inferiority complex.

</div></div>

In his defence, he's been a little retarded ever since Obama took office. When Obama wins a second term i would recommend he go on suicide watch. St.

LWW
02-20-2012, 04:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What a steaming heap of seething grievance pushing!

</div></div>

Yet nary a leftist could be found that would practice that in 2001-2008.

In fact ... I don't know of a leftist who actually practices it today.

Back to reality ... I don't suffer under the hypnosis that plagues the left.

Soflasnapper
02-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Forgive <s>7 x 70</s> 70 x 7 times, is the prescription of our Lord.

I regret my erroneous version, while claiming the commutative law of multiplication means I was substantially (if not, transubstantially! heh!) correct, even with the inaccuracy.

wolfdancer
02-20-2012, 06:57 PM
"Suicide is dangerous"
However someone should stand by to assist,and administer the coup de gras, as he "falls on his own sword".
I would volunteer for the job, however, being Catholic, we believe all life is sacred....even his. Perhaps if I applied for and received "Papal dispensation" in advance, and prepaid first class r.t. travel to "Taftsburg", I could then work a "Dr. Kevorkian act" into my busy schedule.

LWW
02-21-2012, 02:48 AM
I love watching leftists flail about trying to cange the topic away from reality and into a pool of hate.

Stretch
02-21-2012, 08:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love watching leftists flail about trying to cange the topic away from reality and into a pool of hate. </div></div>

Since that is what you do, it's only fair that we speek your language. Nice to know we are getting through. St.

LWW
02-21-2012, 08:46 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love watching leftists flail about trying to cange the topic away from reality and into a pool of hate. </div></div>

Since that is what you do, it's only fair that we speek your language. Nice to know we are getting through. St. </div></div>

I also love watching leftists try to act educated when they can't even spell.

Stretch
02-21-2012, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love watching leftists flail about trying to cange the topic away from reality and into a pool of hate. </div></div>

Since that is what you do, it's only fair that we speek your language. Nice to know we are getting through. St. </div></div>

I also love watching leftists try to act educated when they can't even spell. </div></div>

Oh dear, your old fall back position about spelling lol so much for your education brag. One would expect more but.....that's just you. St.

LWW
02-22-2012, 03:43 AM
Does anyone know where I could get a pair of "BEATS BY DOCTOR DRE" headphones?