PDA

View Full Version : FoxNews comments on FLOTUS vacation...

Soflasnapper
02-19-2012, 10:35 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
olympialogger 0 minutes ago
ASPEN !?!!
Ewwwwwww... now I have to spray the entire state with Lysol.

plmattison 54 minutes ago
The Obama family is squeezing out every single bit of fun and dollars from the taxpayers as long as they can.
3 people liked this.

aeroguy48 1 hour ago
Notice how nary a peep from the MSM, this article is from a British publication.
4 people liked this.

westvalleydave 1 hour ago
If there was a time for a freak avalanche...
1 person liked this.

billnorris 1 hour ago
Oh how nice for them The queen and the royal princesses have a winter ski
vacation at Aspen of course the secret service clears other people away from the
slopes as long as they are there Hawaii was too hard on her so she needed a
change of scenery and needed to unwind.
6 people liked this.

thunderrolls 2 hours ago
well.....let's see.....I guess you could say mr and mrs crown...who live in chicago....who own the home that the obama ladies are staying at....could be part of the 1% that the ows hates so much....dang...don't let those ows loons know that? So......they are getting free room and board....hopefully she is paying for their own meals....but...I know us taxpayers forked out the bill to get her and the 'daughters' there....oh...and all those secret service people....just a drop in the bucket people.....get used to it!!! 4 more years and the obamas may just fulfill their utopia...!!
14 people liked this.

bunwarmer 3 hours ago
With her impostor husband supplying the Biggest SnowJob in History how precious is that.
Too bad he didn't join her and they had a Sonny Bono moment together.
18 people liked this.

brijud 3 hours ago
re: her husband , How's her aspen ???
3 people liked this.

falcon11 3 hours ago
Sasquatch siting in Colorado this weekend is a coincidence? I think not.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/michelle-obama...p#ixzz1mtSGZMgX (http://nation.foxnews.com/michelle-obama/2012/02/19/michelle-obama-takes-daughters-luxury-aspen-ski-trip#ixzz1mtSGZMgX)
</div></div>

So at least I've seen them myself this time.

cushioncrawler
02-20-2012, 12:09 AM
I dont mind hate -- but i hate stooopidity.
Reminds me of the story about all of thems GOP kids at a GOP skool when they heard of JFK's assassination -- they all cheered, everyoneovem. If u had blogs back in 1963 then imagin what would u hav read.

Which reminds me of when arabs in Arabia danced in the streets when the towers came down.
mac.
Americatheassnationizgowendownin8.

Qtec
02-20-2012, 05:52 AM
Nothing new here S. Multiple polls have shown the average intelligent of the average Fox viewer is slightly below this guy.

this cracks me up....so funny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGz8jcbJjRw&feature=related)

Poor little guy, he's been brainwashed to believe he is part of the 1%. LOL

Q..... lol (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IEc8k4LUQ7g&feature=related)

eg8r
02-20-2012, 09:23 AM
Yep, and nothing you have quoted equals any of the language you tried to pawn off before. It is fine for people not to like the Obama's and to express that but the language in these quotes is completely different than the other one.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-20-2012, 02:16 PM
I didn't try to pawn off anything before-- perhaps quoted those who were doing that, is all.

Now this seems more normal to you for FoxNews viewers who comment, because only death threat scenarios are mentioned, and calling the FLOTUS Sasquatch?

Someone wanted BOTH POTUS and FLOTUS to get Sonny Bono'd? Sure, that's so much better-- the homicidal part without the racial part. Oh, wait, who says that the racial part isn't motivating the homicidal part, as in general, homicide against a political opponent is an unusually strong suggestion.

eg8r
02-20-2012, 03:00 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now this seems more normal to you for FoxNews viewers who comment, because only death threat scenarios are mentioned,</div></div>Where was the death threat? How is what was said here any different than the multitudes saying as much towards W and you not having anything to say then?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Oh, wait, who says that the racial part isn't motivating the homicidal part,</div></div>Nobody is threatening to kill anyone so where is this talk of homicide coming in? Since when did yoru vast vocabulary start failing you? No one is suggesting pushing them into a tree while they are skiing are they? These past couple threads of yours are really getting quite pathetic. The actual language being used here is nothing like the language that was being used in your last thread. To be honest, the language being used in this thread is more tame then the language gayle, woofie or qtip have used in the past on this very site when referencing what they wished would happen to Bush and Reps alike.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Right. Death WISHES only.

How is it different from wishing the death of the FLOTUS than wishing the death of the POTUS?

(Of course, one cited wished for both of their deaths.)

The POTUS does things that impact the lives of millions. The FLOTUS has no individual power, and impacts little. What is impacted cannot be the deaths or displacement of millions or torture or financial ruin of this or another country, which is usual reason people get worked up enough to wish death upon the POTUS/VPOTUS. Some kind of very impactful policy that is strongly denounced by them, leading to this kind of thought.

The FLOTUS? For what? Vacationing (seems to be the reason here)? Pushing for better kids nutrition and health to reduce childhood obesity? She should die for what, exactly?

eg8r
02-20-2012, 10:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it different from wishing the death of the FLOTUS than wishing the death of the POTUS?

The POTUS does things that impact the lives of millions. The FLOTUS has no individual power,</div></div>OK, so you are in favor or death wishes on the POTUS but leave his outspoken wife alone. Gotcha.

Here in the real world people choose whom they will dislike and voice that opinion regardless of sex or position.

I personally do not agree with any of the death wishes and speak out against all of them as I see them (although people like Osama and Saddam did deserve everything people were saying). I don't think people should make statements like this about anyone and I don't segregate it by whether the victim has individual power or not. Why you try to make that distinction falls on deaf ears and shows me just how low you will go in your defense of Obama and his family.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">She should die for what, exactly? </div></div>Why don't you ask your kind soft spoken buddies at Daily Kos.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-22-2012, 11:49 AM
Why you try to make that distinction falls on deaf ears and shows me just how low you will go in your defense of Obama and his family.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>How... low... [I] will go... in defense of O and family?
</span>

What revolting commentary!

Yes, I complained when death wishes were expressed toward them. Unbelievable, I know, that I wouldn't instead join in with them, and/or laugh at these harmless antics, I guess?

OK, so you are in favor or death wishes on the POTUS but leave his outspoken wife alone. Gotcha.

That's your own 'creative' (lying) claim, and of course, I said nothing of the sort, nor have I ever supported any death wishes against anyone. But I will mention that I had never seen nor heard of any such death wishes against the well-hated W's wife, FLOTUS Laura Bush.

eg8r
02-22-2012, 01:18 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, I complained when death wishes were expressed toward them. Unbelievable, I know, that I wouldn't instead join in with them, and/or laugh at these harmless antics, I guess?
</div></div>So you are going to dishonestly take my statements out of context? You might find it revolting to see someone willing to remind you of your craziness but that is between you and whoever is willing to listen to it.

First off you were calling those comments calls for homicide. Once you saw the error in your flippant descriptions you are now calling them death wishes. Fine. However, when I asked why you didn't have a problem with those same types of comments about W you told me that was OK because he was in a position of power. In this subject your view is revolting. Why you would find a difference between wishing death on the FLOTUS but not the POTUS is revolting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sofla having no problems with death wishes on the POTUS</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How is it different from wishing the death of the FLOTUS than wishing the death of the POTUS?

The POTUS does things that impact the lives of millions. The FLOTUS has no individual power</div></div>Hello McFly, death wishes on anyone is wrong whether they have power to impact millions or not.

eg8r

LWW
02-22-2012, 02:31 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Right. Death WISHES only.

How is it different from wishing the death of the FLOTUS than wishing the death of the POTUS?</div></div>

How is it different from death wishes against the past POTUS?

Or a current member of the SCOTUS?

I have shown where these things were suggested by the MSM networks ... not nuts posting to websites ... and all I heard from the cabal was crickets.

Why do you suppose that is?

Soflasnapper
02-22-2012, 03:16 PM
First off you were calling those comments calls for homicide.

Yes, my description of that language as homicidal was in error.

Once you saw the error in your flippant descriptions you are now calling them death wishes. Fine.

Yes, I should hope that is fine, since it is accurate.

However, when I asked why you didn't have a problem with those same types of comments about W you told me that was OK because he was in a position of power.

Not at all. I explained how those come about, which is not to support those views. I do not support them-- I condemn them-- even as I understand why such calls for violence against the POTUS are common in the political history of this country.

Perhaps my position against all calls for violence against anyone, let alone against our political leaders (OR THEIR WIVES), hasn't been seen before on this board, because I wasn't even posting on this section during the W years much, if at all.

Why you would find a difference between wishing death on the FLOTUS but not the POTUS is revolting.

There IS a difference, in that people are always stating such a wish about any POTUS, whereas I cannot think of ANY FLOTUS receiving such calls, except likely Hillary and Michelle. Maybe Eleanor Roosevelt, back in the day, but that is thankfully well before my time.

Whereas calling for their husbands' deaths is wrong as can be, this puts the wrong involved on steroids, and yes, is worse, in my view. Even the old Mafiosi left the wife and children out of their Murder, Incorporated slaughters. Are we to accept a lower standard of morality than the Mafia?

However revolting one may claim that distinction is.

Vincent Bugliosi wrote a book claiming W ought to be tried for murder, (here's the Amazon page for the book) (http://www.amazon.com/Prosecution-George-W-Bush-Murder/dp/B001IWO88O/ref=ntt_at_ep_dpt_7) and urged any competent official take up this investigation and prosecution. Although I support justice taking place in all situations (big fan of justice), even if W were tried and convicted of murder, I would not support his execution upon capital murder conviction.

eg8r
02-22-2012, 09:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Not at all. I explained how those come about, which is not to support those views. </div></div>So then what is the point of throwing up a strawman? Do you think I really cared how or why those comments originate? Isn't the issue that they actually happen? You never did come out and say they were wrong you just tried your best to make a difference when there is no difference at all. They are all humans and those types of statements should not be made. What would have been so hard for you to just come out and say it? Instead you throw up some stupid strawman about how the two are different.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There IS a difference</div></div>Only in your strange world.

eg8r

Qtec
02-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Many hated Bush for good reason.

Is there any good reason to hate M Obama?

Lets face facts. The RW media, especially Fox 'News', has conducted a hate campaign against the Pres Family from day one.

This is the result.

Q

LWW
02-23-2012, 04:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Many hated Bush for good reason.

Q </div></div>

Such as?

What's that?

The party told them to hate Bush?

But ... I already knew that.

LWW
02-23-2012, 04:43 AM
So you denounce as homicidal things that aren't ... and give a pass to things that are ... based solely on ideological grounds?

How unsurprising is that?

llotter
02-23-2012, 07:13 AM
We are in quite a fix now. As our 'education' system dumbs down the population, we end up with stupid people voting for stupid leaders. Though I've never seen Planet of the Apes, I think it must parallel what we are now living in and with no end in sight.

Qtec
02-23-2012, 09:27 AM
Why don't you read the posts?

S just said,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Vincent Bugliosi wrote a book claiming W ought to be tried for murder, (here's the Amazon page for the book) and urged any competent official take up this investigation and prosecution.
</div></div>

The Bush admin lied, misrepresented and pushed an unnecessary war on the American citizens with a propaganda campaign that has shown to be false.

That's not a crime?

Q

Soflasnapper
02-23-2012, 10:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So you denounce as homicidal things that aren't ... and give a pass to things that are ... based solely on ideological grounds?

How unsurprising is that? </div></div>

I used the wrong word, sloppily, and was happy to correct it upon the query mentioning there was no homicide mentioned.

I do not give a pass to the similar hate transgressions of the other side, wishing death on people, by mentioning they have reasons for their reactions and statements.

If a father beats a man to death, that the man raped his daughter might help explain his actions, and yet doesn't absolve him from criminal prosecution. Might help mitigate the sentence by jury sympathy, or find the charge dropped to manslaughter.

I only became aware of the imprecatory prayer of say, a Psalms 108, because of how often Obama's critics called for it to be prayed. While it starts of with a plea that the target of the prayer would have their days in office shortened, it proceeds to call for his children to be orphaned and his wife become a widow, and for all his possessions to be taken and divided by his enemies.

I've never seen the left or Democrats call for praying Psalms 108 on anyone.

eg8r
02-23-2012, 12:16 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I used the wrong word, sloppily, and was happy to correct it upon the query mentioning there was no homicide mentioned.

I do not give a pass to the similar hate transgressions of the other side, wishing death on people, by mentioning they have reasons for their reactions and statements</div></div>You have said it enough that I believe you. I also do not give a pass to anyone for this type of statement. To be honest I have probably uttered these types of things myself about people but again it is always wrong.

My issue was with the way you worded your original response in making it seem "ok" for people to say it about a POTUS because of his influences and not OK for FLOTUS because of her lack of said influences. In my mind there is no difference. They are both humans and they both do not deserve these types of comments.

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-23-2012, 01:40 PM
Amen to that. Neither do, agreed. However, the actions of a POTUS can mean life or death to people, and since that is of keen interest and concern to relatives of those people, we can also note that passions are far more aroused about the POTUS than normally is true about the FLOTUS.

Nixon got sued by a father, whose son had been deployed into 'Nam and been killed, iirc. (SCOTUS ruled against him, on the grounds of sovereign immunity.) Was that guy very angry at Nixon? I'm sure he was.