PDA

View Full Version : GoPro Hero 2

eg8r
02-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Anyone have any experience with this camera? I am looking at getting it for my bike race in the NC mountains and for a couple of the scuba trips we are planning this year. I have watched quite a bit of video online using these cameras but the variance is so drastic that my guess is the really good videos are post-production.

Anyways, if you have any experience, good or bad let me know.

eg8r

wolfdancer
02-20-2012, 07:13 PM
Ed, I bought the Hero helmet cam, and ended up giving it to some friends, as they have 2 kids, a boat and a hill on their property good enough for sleighing. We shot a few vids with it that came out ok, and sent them to the grandparents living in Hawaii. If I remember correctly?....the vids lose a little quality, due to the pixel count, if you enlarge them? I think they are worth what they are selling for....just don't expect a Cecil B DeMille "The Robe" quality.

Sev
02-20-2012, 07:45 PM
Wolfi with a helmet cam!!!!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA!!!
OMG!!! I cant breath!!!!!!
Holly shit!!!!!
HAHAHHAHAHA!!!!!

wolfdancer
02-20-2012, 08:42 PM
simple things amuse simple minds. Why not stick to just one web identity...doesn't the 3 that I believe you use...even confuse you a bit?
I thought the helmet cam might be useful to send vids home to family and friends. The cam shoots what you are viewing, not yourself...so I really don't understand your problem with that. I wanted to show the local scenery, maybe even use it for pool as a training device.
If our respective posts on this been reversed, I would be suspended, I'm sure....for "baiting"

eg8r
02-20-2012, 09:57 PM
Awesome that sounds like what I am looking for. The Hero 2 is supposed to be 1080p quality but I don't know what that will mean when transitioned to the TV. Pixelation drives me insane.

Sounds like your friends enjoy the camera and passing the video off to grandparents is on thing I am looking forward to. My kids have an aunt living in California and I have been super lazy in keeping her updated with pictures and video. I am hoping that the kids will be able to take the camera and film themselves and then we as a family can put some videos together for their great aunt (both sets of grandparents see the kids weekly so this situation is just slightly different).

eg8r