PDA

View Full Version : U.S. OPEN ON TV

BLACKHEART
09-27-2002, 08:28 PM
Did I read a post that said DISH TV was going to broadcast live matches. If so, when & how much...JER

Tom_In_Cincy
09-27-2002, 08:36 PM
Sunday Sept 29th from 7 pm until at least 10 pm... check your local cable provider for instructions.

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2002, 09:06 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: BLACKHEART:</font><hr> Did I read a post that said DISH TV was going to broadcast live matches. If so, when &amp; how much...JER <hr></blockquote>

Here it's on "In Demand 2"

$9.95

7:00 pm Sunday

Check your listings or call your cable company

nmshooter
09-28-2002, 05:40 PM
Ordered mine today. Heres a link with some more info. It was 9.95 for the 3 hour block here in KC. You have to order thru your cable company.

<a target="_blank" href=http://www.ppv.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?prodId=6656&amp;page_sectionId=2>http://www.ppv.com/moviesandevents/viewProduct.jsp?prodId=6656&amp;page_sectionId=2</a>

Ken
09-28-2002, 07:22 PM
Dish Network is handling the broadcast. I heard that Barry had to put up $20,000 to get them to do it but I can't be certain of that number. I understand that the City of Chespeake put up $10,000 of that. They are broadcasting only the final match on Sunday starting at 7:30.

Dish has made a deal with iNDEMAND to provide the broadcast to cable outlets as a pay-per-view event so it might be available on most cable systems as well as on Dish. Direct TV is not carrying it.

The cost is $9.95 for a household and I think $99.95 for commercial locations.
KenCT

SPetty
09-29-2002, 10:29 AM
I just ordered my PPV this morning via Dish. 1-877-DISHPPV is the number. $9.95 plus $1.00 extra...

They are offering it live tonight, then delayed later tonight. They are also offering it on a couple of Wednesdays, and a Thursday ALL DAY and a Friday ALL DAY.

This will be my first PPV. PPV had been locked out of the DISH, but I guessed the password and fixed that right up!

I was hoping that the PPV people would tell me what channel to put my TV on to get the broadcast. So, I've ordered it, but I don't know how to watch it. Hope I figure it out by then!

Harold Acosta
09-29-2002, 11:22 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: SPetty:</font><hr> I just ordered my PPV this morning via Dish. 1-877-DISHPPV is the number. $9.95 plus $1.00 extra...

They are offering it live tonight, then delayed later tonight. They are also offering it on a couple of Wednesdays, and a Thursday ALL DAY and a Friday ALL DAY.

This will be my first PPV. PPV had been locked out of the DISH, but I guessed the password and fixed that right up!

I was hoping that the PPV people would tell me what channel to put my TV on to get the broadcast. So, I've ordered it, but I don't know how to watch it. Hope I figure it out by then!
<hr></blockquote>

You better call your cable or satelite provider!

Ken
09-29-2002, 02:46 PM
They have been telling me all day long that it is going to be on channel 455. So far it has been all promos and I'm still waiting to order it. Could be it can be ordered through the box only an hour before the broadcast. I could order it through the internet but I want to see it available on channel 455.

They also say go to channel 500 to order it but there's no channel 500. There's lots of other stuff I could order now but no US Open.
KenCT

I just stumbled on how to order it. You have to put on the guide and move forward in time on channel 455 until the US Open is highlighted. Then push select and they will ask if you want to order it. If you are connected to a phone line the box will call in to order it for you.