PDA

View Full Version : Gasoline tops $5.00 a gallon!!!

Sev
02-20-2012, 04:49 PM
Ya boy thats got to hurt.

Hows that "Hope & Change" working out??

http://cdn1.alexanderhiggins.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/02/Premium-Gasoline-Breaks-5-a-gallon-In-Los-Angeles.png

Soflasnapper
02-20-2012, 06:27 PM
So?

The HIGHEST price of PREMIUM gas that can be found IN ONE AREA of the country is NOT what people mean when they talk about 'the price of gas' when mentioning it as a political issue.

They mean the AVERAGE price of REGULAR, on a national basis.

You might as well post up how high the price of diesel fuel is. Not relevant, nor is this.

Just for kicks, want to guess what the AVERAGE price in California FOR PREMIUM GAS is?

$4.229.

From AAA, here. (http://fuelgaugereport.opisnet.com/sbsavg.html) -- as updated today, Monday.

DiabloViejo
02-20-2012, 06:49 PM
Premium is less than $4 per gallon in New Jersey. I can buy BP premium at $3.70 per gallon. And as an additional benefit, I don't have to pump my own gas..there are no self service stations in New Jersey!

Sev
02-20-2012, 07:31 PM
Premium always passes the threshold first.
Or didn't you know that?

I guess for a man or your means 5.00 bucks a gallon for premium is no big deal.

Just remember they say what starts on the west coast moves to the east coast.

eg8r
02-20-2012, 10:17 PM
Shouldn't gas cost more in California? It makes sense that when you vote in tax hikes you get higher prices. No one is California is complaining are they?

eg8r

eg8r
02-20-2012, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I don't have to pump my own gas..there are no self service stations in New Jersey! </div></div>When I was travelling there about 180 days per year a few years back I hated this. Sure I only had to fill up a couple gallons (Philly airport to Moorestown) but I always forgot there was a gas attendant there to fill up for me. LOL, I used to get yelled at till it sunk in and I let the guy fill up for me.

I remember asking the gas attendants if they thought they had a great gig pumping gas for people and making enough money to support their whole family on that single income while living in the 'burbs. LOL, they used to laugh and call me crazy but I told them there was this nutcase on the forum pulling for them every time. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r &lt;~~~laughs every time I think of how famous qtip is in south Jersey

Soflasnapper
02-21-2012, 11:09 AM
No self-service gas stations in Oregon, either. I was surprised I didn't remember that, or maybe it wasn't the case when I left about '77.

Soflasnapper
02-21-2012, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Premium always passes the threshold first.
Or didn't you know that?

I guess for a man or your means 5.00 bucks a gallon for premium is no big deal.

Just remember they say what starts on the west coast moves to the east coast. </div></div>

Yes, premium runs more than regular, I agree. But people are looking for average pricing, not the peak of the most expensive blend, as the benchmark in this topic.

And as I say, even for premium, the average is nearly 80 cents less in California than the high prices you've cited around LA.

LWW
02-21-2012, 11:26 AM
And?

Soflasnapper
02-21-2012, 12:43 PM
The stated fear point is when regular gas averages $4.25 a gallon.

That premium is over $5 somewhere doesn't reflect either the average price of premium there, nor the average price of regular gas, anywhere.

As the <u>AVERAGE cost of premium in California</u> (a higher retail gas price state, due to onerous emission and required fuel mixture laws) is still below the fear point of $4.25, this citation of some higher prices for premium is not the fear point we've been told to watch for.

It's as relevant as citing the far higher gas prices of other countries, i.e., not at all.

cushioncrawler
02-21-2012, 03:02 PM
Fear point.
The fear point iz zero petrol -- thats the fear point.
If petrol availability woz say halved, and if u had to pay for a place in a petrol queue every time u got petrol, then how much would u pay.
That there iz the fear point.
mac.

cushioncrawler
02-21-2012, 03:10 PM
Lets say that u kood only go into a petrol station on half of the days (the system in Australia), and that u kood only get a max of say 6 gallons (the system in Australia).
And letsay that u wanted petrol otherwize (ie on an off-day, or more than 6 gallons) and letsay that this bonus-petrol woz sold on an auction system, ie u hadta bid to get into the queue ---- then what would be the bonus-price of the bonus-petrol, ie during peak periods.
mac.