PDA

View Full Version : Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education

DiabloViejo
02-21-2012, 02:39 AM
Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education, Says Parents Should Home School Their Kids
February 20, 2012
By Stephen D. Foster Jr.
Addicting Information (http://www.addictinginfo.org/2012/02/20/rick-santorum-calls-for-end-of-public-education-says-parents-should-home-school-their-kids/)

Rick Santorum has declared war on modern day America. He doesn’t think Protestants are real Christians. He thinks we should be at war with all of Islam. He believes Americans should suffer because in his sick mind, suffering “is a good thing.” He believes strongly in income inequality. He also believes women should be relegated to the home and controlled by men. And now he wants to destroy the minds of our children.

During a speech at the Ohio Christian Alliance, Santorum told the crowd that public education is “an artifact” that must come to an end, and that parents should withdraw their children and rely on home schooling and online education.

The Los Angeles Times reports,

In the nation’s past, he said, “Most presidents home-schooled their children in the White House. Parents educated their children because it was their responsibility.
“Yes, the government can help, but the idea that the federal government should be running schools, frankly much less that the state government should be running schools, is anachronistic.”

Aside from schools for the children of military personnel, the federal government does not actually operate schools. Most U.S. schools are supported primarily by state or local funding, or a combination of the two. Santorum said the public education system was an artifact of the Industrial Revolution, “when people came off the farms where they did home school or had a little neighborhood school, and into these big factories called public schools.”

<span style="color: #FF0000">Rick Santorum has been very vocal about his preference for home schooling. There’s a reason for this of course. He holds a grudge. Santorum enrolled his children in the Western Pennsylvania Cyber Charter School and stuck the taxpayers for 80% of the costs which were paid through the Penn Hills School District. In November 2004, Penn Hills asked Santorum to repay $67,000 in tuition costs because he and his family were spending most of the year in Virginia and did not meet the qualifications for residency status. So Santorum pulled his kids out of school and has home schooled them ever since. If parents are supposed to be responsible for teaching their own kids, how come Santorum wasn’t home schooling his children before 2004?</span>

It’s clear that Rick Santorum has a problem with publicly funded schools. <u>A public school caught him taking wrongful advantage of Pennsylvania taxpayers and he’s mad about it. So instead of taking responsibility for his actions like a real man would do, Santorum throws a hissy fit and decides that public education must be destroyed.</u> Of course, if Santorum manages to destroy public schools, millions of lives will change. Home schooling is not easy and it’s not cheap either. Many parents simply do not have the time or money to home school their kids.

How does Rick Santorum expect a single mom to educate her children when she needs to work two jobs to feed and clothe them and pay the bills too? That may be a dumb question, since Santorum thinks single moms should just get married and stay at home. And that’s another topic altogether that’s equally offensive. Online classes are even more expensive and would still require a parent to stay at home and supervise.

<span style="color: #FF0000">Americans are already going in debt paying for college, they don’t need to go in debt paying for a K-12 education, but apparently that’s what Santorum wants.</span>

LWW
02-21-2012, 03:23 AM
And, of course, your title is pure Alinsky bile.

DiabloViejo
02-21-2012, 03:33 AM
LOL! I've got your "Alinsky" right HERE. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

LWW
02-21-2012, 03:40 AM
If that's the pet name you wish to assign to it, so be it.

DiabloViejo
02-21-2012, 03:49 AM
Splendid! Now do you care to actually try to address the topic or are you just going to drool and mumble while you evade the subject? Oh and please do be careful, this could just be another devious Alinsky trick! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Qtec
02-21-2012, 04:22 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Now do you care to actually try to address the topic </div></div>

That would be a first!

Rick is as corrupt as they come but he 'believes' he isn't. He hides behind his religious hypocritical mask to judge others and question other peoples faith.

How disgusting is that?

If he actually , by some miracle, he gets the nomination, as a reporter chosen to ask the first question to the new POTUS, my Q would be,

Q

LWW
02-21-2012, 05:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Splendid! Now do you care to actually try to address the topic or are you just going to drool and mumble while you evade the subject? Oh and please do be careful, this could just be another devious Alinsky trick! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

You presented no "TOPIC" to address ... merely a thread title with an article that doesn't sup[port your claim.

If you actually present evidence that "Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education" I will address it.

So far all you have is jibba-jabba ... which has been addressed.

Next nonsensical claim?

LWW
02-21-2012, 06:27 AM
Well, I must apologize to the woofster.

His posting style is quite similar to yours SF ... but upon further review, I do believe I have ID'ed you.

eg8r
02-21-2012, 09:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education, Says Parents Should Home School Their Kids
</div></div>Going on subject alone I would think I disagree with Santorum.

eg8r

cushioncrawler
02-21-2012, 02:57 PM
I am not in favor of publik skools and i am not in favor of home skooling. Virtually no-one shood be allowed to hav kids. No kids -- no skooling needed. We hav too many kids -- overpopulation. I think that if we had no kids for say 4 or 5 generations then the population would kum down nicely.
mac.

LWW
02-22-2012, 03:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education, Says Parents Should Home School Their Kids

eg8r </div></div>

And a reasonable person could come to that conclusion.

That being said, the thread title "Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education" is simply over the top moonbattery much like "STATE RAPE" and other leftist threads.

Stretch
02-22-2012, 08:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education, Says Parents Should Home School Their Kids

eg8r </div></div>

And a reasonable person could come to that conclusion.

That being said, the thread title "Rick Santorum Calls For End Of Public Education" is simply over the top moonbattery much like "STATE RAPE" and other leftist threads. </div></div>

Much like 23 thousand of your Titles, in fact, at first i thought it was yours. St.

Soflasnapper
02-22-2012, 11:35 AM
And how true that is!

There is one significant difference, though. Some consciously use hyperbole and other rhetoric as a witting overstatement, for effect. He appears to think all his bluster is factually correct, and believe his own spin. Apparently.

The alternative is that he's entirely aware of his rhetorical excesses, but defends them tooth and nail out of dishonesty, motivated by hurt feelings, low self-esteem, and bitter revenge.

Stretch
02-23-2012, 08:30 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And how true that is!

There is one significant difference, though. Some consciously use hyperbole and other rhetoric as a witting overstatement, for effect. He appears to think all his bluster is factually correct, and believe his own spin. Apparently.

The alternative is that he's entirely aware of his rhetorical excesses, but defends them tooth and nail out of dishonesty, motivated by hurt feelings, low self-esteem, and bitter revenge. </div></div>

BINGO! St.

Qtec
02-23-2012, 09:13 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The alternative is that he's entirely aware of his rhetorical excesses, but defends them tooth and nail out of dishonesty, </div></div>

I have to say, I told you so.

Having a 'debate' with LWW is something like this.

LOL (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnTmBjk-M0c)

Q

cushioncrawler
02-23-2012, 07:36 PM
Faith iz an unshakeable beleef in something u know to be untrue.
mac.

Qtec
02-23-2012, 08:11 PM
I would say,

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Faith iz an unshakeable beleef in something u kant proove. </div></div>

Q