PDA

View Full Version : Pool Rooms in Indianapolis

socrates
09-28-2002, 07:48 AM
I will be in Indy for a couple of days next week. Someone recommended a pool room off of Allisonville Road - I believe the name was Chalkies. Anyone ever played there?

Can anyone recommend a pool room there?

Thanks

Wally_in_Cincy
09-28-2002, 09:48 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: socrates:</font><hr> I will be in Indy for a couple of days next week. Someone recommended a pool room off of Allisonville Road - I believe the name was Chalkies. Anyone ever played there?

Can anyone recommend a pool room there?

Thanks
<hr></blockquote>

Jeanette Lee goes in there sometimes. It's non-smoking.

Personally I recommend The Brass Flamingo on Southeast Blvd LOL. OK it's a strip joint but I think there's a pool table in there somewhere. /ccboard/images/icons/laugh.gif

socrates
09-28-2002, 05:37 PM
Thanks for the response.

While I will not be going there I will be sure and advise anyone that asks not to take their cue to the Flamingo room.

socrates
10-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Had a chance to play at Chalkies this week. Thought it was a great room. I prefer to play on 9ft tables and this room has plenty of them. Not a single bar box in the place.

Approximately 15 tables primarily 9ft diamond tables with a few 8 foots thown in, 860 simonis, tight pockets.

Would highly recommend if you are ever in the Indanapolis area.

10-02-2002, 01:47 PM
Howdy,
Try Executive Billiards if u are looking for some cheap action.Area is not really scary but some people are afraid to go there.That is where all the good players are.
Chalkies is an upscale pool room.Diamond tables,waitresses rack the first rack etc.Have good time.
Vagabond