PDA

View Full Version : Proposed GA state bill to ban vasectomies.

DiabloViejo
02-22-2012, 11:08 AM
After a Republican lawmaker introduced a bill taking away women's reproductive rights, Georgia State Representative Yasmin Neal has proposed a bill that would ban vasectomies.

GA State Rep Neal's Announcement (http://youtu.be/-3vsI1_YFUo) (Video)

Text of announcement:

"Thousands of children are deprived of birth in this state every year because of the lack of state regulation over vasectomies. It is patently unfair that men can avoid unwanted fatherhood by presuming that their judgment over such matters is more valid than the judgment of the General Assembly, while women's ability to decide is constantly up for debate throughout the United States. Women, our bodies, and what we do with it are always up for debate.

"This bill has been drafted for all women who have the wherewithal to choose. The day has come where men should feel the same pressure and invasion of privacy that women have faced for years. I have introduced this legislation because it is the purpose of the General Assembly to assert an invasive state interest in the reproductive habits of the men of this state and substitute the will of the government over the will of adult men.

"This bill states that vasectomies can be performed to avert the death of a man or to avert serious risk of substantial or irreversible physical impairment of a major bodily function of the man. This bill mimics the abortion bills throughout the nation, and just like the abortion bills interfere with a womanís right to choose, itís only fair that the General Assembly debate the menís right to choose, as well."

eg8r
02-22-2012, 01:08 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thousands of children are deprived of birth in this state every year because of the lack of state regulation over vasectomies.</div></div>LOL, thousands? That is funny. Now all the men in the room stand up and state they can't tell me what to do with my body!!!! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

In all seriousness this representative is probably not going to get to far with this bill. Of all the men I have met that had this done, it was their wives pushing it because it was less invasive surgery for the man to get fixed than the woman. I know, dumb argument. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"This bill states that vasectomies can be performed to avert the death of a man or to avert serious risk of substantial or irreversible physical impairment of a major bodily function of the man. This bill mimics the abortion bills throughout the nation, and just like the abortion bills interfere with a womanís right to choose, itís only fair that the General Assembly debate the menís right to choose, as well." </div></div>LOL, how can this idiot not tell the difference between killing an already born baby vs. making sure no undesired babies are ever even conceived. LOL, if this rep wanted to make any comparison then they would go after all birth control instead of trying to compare this to baby murdering.

eg8r

LWW
02-22-2012, 02:28 PM
Of all the stupid things I have seen from the left ... this is the stupidest.

Can you direct me to the law prohibiting women from a surgical procedure to cease fertility?

What's that?

It doesn't exist?

Imagine that.

Open wide ... here comes another load from the party:
http://www.visualphotos.com/photo/2x4142136/MODEL_RELEASED_Spoon-feeding_Baby_girl_being_F0013218.jpg

Qtec
02-22-2012, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, how can this idiot not tell the difference between <u>killing an already born baby</u> vs. making sure no undesired babies are ever even conceived. </div></div>

Don't think so.

Anyway, you missed the point, this is about freedom of choice.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is patently unfair that men can avoid unwanted fatherhood by presuming that their judgment over such matters is more valid than the judgment of the General Assembly, <span style='font-size: 14pt'>while women's ability to decide is constantly up for debate throughout the United States. Women, our bodies, and what we do with it are always up for debate.

"This bill has been drafted for all women who have the wherewithal to choose.</span> The day has come where men should feel the same pressure and invasion of privacy that women have faced for years. </div></div>

Q

LWW
02-23-2012, 04:31 AM
No matter how low the bar is set, you find a way beneath it.

eg8r
02-23-2012, 12:10 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is patently unfair that men can avoid unwanted fatherhood by presuming that their judgment over such matters is more valid than the judgment of the General Assembly, while women's ability to decide is constantly up for debate throughout the United States. Women, our bodies, and what we do with it are always up for debate.
</div></div>Well I figured you were too dumb to figure out what we are talking about so I will just clarify this for the others not as willing to show their ignorance. Making vasectomies illegal is not the same as making baby murdering illegal.

If you want to compare this to something then you would be trying to make a tubal ligation illegal. Now you are comparing apples to apples.

eg8r &lt;~~~doesn't think the government should have a say in tubal ligation nor vasectomies

Qtec
02-23-2012, 06:24 PM
Its not a serious bill. She is just making a point and you missed it.

Q

LWW
02-24-2012, 03:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL, how can this idiot not tell the difference between <u>killing an already born baby</u> vs. making sure no undesired babies are ever even conceived. </div></div>

Don't think so.

Anyway, you missed the point, this is about freedom of choice.

Q </div></div>

What choice?

sack316
02-25-2012, 09:50 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It is patently unfair that men can avoid unwanted fatherhood by presuming that their judgment over such matters is more valid than the judgment of the General Assembly, while women's ability to decide is constantly up for debate throughout the United States. Women, our bodies, and what we do with it are always up for debate.
</div></div>Well I figured you were too dumb to figure out what we are talking about so I will just clarify this for the others not as willing to show their ignorance. Making vasectomies illegal is not the same as making baby murdering illegal.

If you want to compare this to something then you would be trying to make a tubal ligation illegal. <span style='font-size: 17pt'> Now you are comparing apples to apples</span>.

eg8r &lt;~~~doesn't think the government should have a say in tubal ligation nor vasectomies </div></div>

Stole what I was gonna say /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

Sack

eg8r
02-27-2012, 09:45 AM
LOL you are trying to tell you actually "understood the point" yet your comparison missed the mark so far it appeared you were not even trying? Yeah right.

eg8r