PDA

View Full Version : $15.51 minimum wage = 5.1% unemployment? Oz

Soflasnapper
02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Here (http://www.slate.com/blogs/moneybox/2012/02/24/australia_kissed_recessions_goodbye.html?wpisrc=ob network)

????

Impossible! Some say. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

cushioncrawler
02-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Ozz iz very good at digging in the ground.
Unfortunately this haz upvalued the Ozz dollar, and now manufakturing and agrikulture iz sick and dieing, ie faster than they were dieing.

In fakt i suspekt that had the global ekonomy kept climbing instead of falling then the Ozz mining boom and Ozz dollar would hav gone ballistik and Ozz manufakturing and agrikulture would be dead-ducks today.
mac.

cushioncrawler
02-25-2012, 09:00 PM
Nearly forgot.
Thems statistiks are krapp -- koz they hav allmost zero meaning.
For a proper meaningfull statistik one shood start off by looking at the Ozz unemployment graph.
Then secondly one shood look at the Ozz the Ozz the Ozz -- well, aktually, anyone who knows about real ekonomix would know that unemployment iz really all u need to know.
mac.

cushioncrawler
02-25-2012, 09:08 PM
Ms Gillard iz an atheist -- and i like her very much -- i hope she stays prime minister.
Alltho the theory iz that the Ozz GOP tony abbott (a Roman Kathlick i think, and a real prick, i hate him) might win power at the next election if Gillard iz the Labour Party leader.

U might not be familiar with real elections, in a real democracy -- in Ozz voting iz kompulsory -- ie real democracy.

I allso like ex-prime minister Rudd -- a Roman Kathlick -- but he did upset me when he woz prime minister and when he sayd that it woz really good that the Ozz population woz hurtling up towards 40 million. I thort he had more brains than that -- at least by Roman Kathlick standards.
mac.

cushioncrawler
02-27-2012, 03:19 AM
Today's Labour Party Caucus vote for party leadership.
"Atheist" Prime Minister Judy Gillard got 70 votes and remains PM.
"Roman Kathlick" ex PM Kevin Rudd got 30 votes -- better luck next time.
All over in less than a week. Zero adverts. Zero debates.

The usofa caucus takes longer than a week, much longer.
And how long before the usofa haz an "atheist female" prezident.

It would be funny if Judy woz allso "homosexual".
Plus praps "aboriginal" and in a "wheelchair".
Plus say "pregnant" and a "drug-addict" and with "aids".
Not counting "blind" and "deaf". Praps "communist". "Vegan".

But the usofa haz allready won the "wheelchair" race -- and the "homosexual" race -- well dunn here.
The usofa haz allso probly won the "drug-addict" race.
Nearly forgot "black".
mac.

eg8r
02-27-2012, 09:56 AM
How do you think minimum wage should be set? What variables?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-27-2012, 11:22 AM
I favor a living wage, which is considerably more than most minimum wages I've heard of (although this one is probably a living wage).

At the least, however, for a less than living wage minimum wage, it ought to be adjusted for inflation to maintain its purchasing power, at least for heads of households. Not that concerned with the summer jobs for students, etc., so much, and I think there is an argument for a two-tier or sub-minimum wage for the actual cases where people claim all minimum wage workers are in their work life-- at the very beginning with few skills and still less experience.

There are problems with all these ideas.

cushioncrawler
02-27-2012, 03:23 PM
A minimum wage iznt much good if u karnt get work -- ie like in the usofa.

In ozz u get $5.50 per hr if u aint got work -- unlike in the usofa.
mac.

llotter
02-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Maybe if we raised the minimum wage high enough then unions would become obsolete. Or better yet, simply make union membership mandatory for everyone. Gosh, problems are really easy once you step back and look at the big picture.

cushioncrawler
02-27-2012, 04:28 PM
I hate unions -- bunch of kriminal thug bastards.
Workers shood be looked after by the gov.
But min wages etc are useless, u know, like the usofa constitution.
Even yesterday in ozz in the news a bunch of indian supermarket trolley collectors at Coles are owed 6 figures koz they hav been getting payd $5 per hr for years. But it haz nothing to do with Coles, its Coles' contractors problem aint it.
mac.