PDA

View Full Version : Santorum: JFK’s secularism ‘makes me throw up’

Qtec
02-27-2012, 05:13 AM
More from the moron.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>Santorum: JFK’s secularism ‘makes me throw up’</span>

“I believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute — <span style='font-size: 26pt'>where no Catholic prelate would tell the President (should he be a Catholic) how to act</span> and no Protestant minister would tell his parishioners for whom to vote — where no church or church school is granted any public funds or political preference — and where no man is denied public office merely because his religion differs from the President who might appoint him or the people who might elect him,” he explained.

On Sunday, ABC host George Stephanopoulos asked Santorum, who is also Catholic, about his claim last year that Kennedy’s words made him inclined to vomit.

“I don’t believe in an America where the separation of church and state is absolute,” Santorum remarked. “The idea that the church can have no influence or no involvement in the operation of the state is absolutely antithetical to the objectives and vision of our country.”

“Kennedy for the first time, articulated a vision that said, ‘No, faith is not allowed in the public square. I will keep it separate,’” the candidate claimed. “Go out and read the speech. ‘I will have nothing to do with faith. I won’t consult with people of faith.’ It was an absolutist doctrine that was foreign at the time of 1960.”

“But make you want to throw up?” Stephanopoulos pressed.

“Absolutely!” Santorum exclaimed. “To say people of faith have no role in the public square, you bet that makes you throw up. What kind of country do we live in that says only people of non-faith can come in the public square and make their case.”

“That makes me throw up and it should make every American,” he insisted. </div></div>

Geez. Doesn't he know that at the time the cry from the Right was,

"Oh my. A Catholic POTUS!!!! Now American will be ruled from Rome. The Pope will have the final say!"

Does he really believe this $#it?

Q

LWW
02-27-2012, 05:21 AM
Yet you support the regime using the ministry to tell people who to vote for.

Qtec
02-27-2012, 06:35 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> "Oh my. A Catholic POTUS!!!! Now American will be ruled from Rome. The Pope will have the final say!"</div></div>

Q.......?

Qtec
02-27-2012, 06:47 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you support the regime <u>using the ministry to tell people who to vote for.</u> </div></div>

LOL

Q

LWW
02-27-2012, 06:57 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yet you support the regime <u>using the ministry to tell people who to vote for.</u> </div></div>

LOL

Q </div></div>

We already knew that you do.

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 01:10 PM
Yay, let's hear it for the new American Theocracy! A new America, where higher education is despised, birth control is outlawed, gays are forced back into the closet, and the Pope has a say in our affairs. Yes, a new America where women are forced to bear their rapist's child because it's a "gift from God".

LMMFAO, I really hope Mr. Frothy gets the Republican nomination!
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/420910_395097460515771_108038612554992_1524845_173 1392685_n.jpg

Soflasnapper
02-27-2012, 01:44 PM
Fair enough, as Mr. Santorum makes me want to throw up as well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

LWW
02-27-2012, 02:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair enough, as Mr. Santorum makes me want to throw up as well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Of course he does, he is a threat to the reign of dear leader.

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 03:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair enough, as Mr. Santorum makes me want to throw up as well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Of course he does, he is a threat to the reign of dear leader. </div></div>

LMAO, yeah he's a real threat alright. If Mr. Frothy wins the GOP nomination, Obama is a shoo-in!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/396372_818198302599_71802850_35944977_887245903_n. jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/402672_3402493148143_1444276203_33337194_130949925 7_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/430520_272855769452478_100001841710475_643788_6298 75525_n.jpg

Soflasnapper
02-27-2012, 03:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Fair enough, as Mr. Santorum makes me want to throw up as well! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif </div></div>

Of course he does, he is a threat to the reign of dear leader. </div></div>

Yes, his rise is a threat to dear leader Romney's chances.

That is why there may be Democrats voting in the Michigan primary tomorrow, for Santorum, to screw Romney over by losing his boyhood home state.

As usual, you've gotten things slightly backwards in your statement. Now maybe the Democrats better watch what they hope for, as sometimes the preferred opponent (cf: Reagan) bests them anyway, but so far as I know, the Dems would LOVE to face Santorum in the fall election, particularly more than facing Romney, who continues to poll better v Obama than Santorum does. Which is a fact.

Qtec
02-28-2012, 03:45 AM
LOL.

Pretty soon we will see him campaigning with a Bible in his hand.

Q

Qtec
02-28-2012, 03:47 AM
As usual, it takes a comedian to make sense of it all.

link (http://www.mediaite.com/tv/jon-stewart-ridicules-santorums-snob-remark-you-are-against-college-because-it-is-fancy/)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stewart had two juicy Santorum quotes waiting for him this weekend, and the first he went for was that Kennedy’s separation of church and state comments made him want to throw up because it sounded like he wanted all faiths excluded from the government. “How do you hear ‘all faiths are welcome’ as ‘no faiths are welcome’?” he asked, shocked, jokingly interpreting Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.‘s famous line as “no black or white children can play together, only children of no color are allowed to play.” He concluded it was fine that Santorum felt the way he did about Kennedy because “if John F. Kennedy were alive today, knowing you were running for President would make him shit his pants.” </div></div>

"I almost threw up!"

Q

DiabloViejo
02-28-2012, 02:11 PM
http://frecklescassie.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/american-flag-cross.jpg