PDA

View Full Version : The Lost Party

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 02:28 PM
The Lost Party
The strangest primary season in memory reveals a GOP that’s tearing itself apart.
By John Heilemann Published Feb 25, 2012
NY Magazine.com (http://nymag.com/news/features/gop-primary-heilemann-2012-3/)

<span style="color: #FF0000">"A loss is what the GOP’s political class now expects. “Six months before this thing got going, every Republican I know was saying, ‘We’re gonna win, we’re gonna beat Obama,’ ” says former Reagan strategist Ed Rollins. “Now even those who’ve endorsed Romney say, ‘My God, what a f**king mess.’ ”</span>

Read the story at the link I provided.

LWW
02-27-2012, 02:59 PM
Meanwhile down where the air is thick:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%. Romney holds a nine-point advantage among unaffiliated voters.

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama. Ten percent (10%) would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

If former Senator Rick Santorum is the Republican nominee, the president leads by two, 45% to 43%. With former House Speaker Newt Gingrich as his opponent, the president enjoys a 10-point lead, 49% to 39%. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)

eg8r
02-27-2012, 03:38 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"A loss is what the GOP’s political class now expects. “Six months before this thing got going, every Republican I know was saying, ‘We’re gonna win, we’re gonna beat Obama,’ ” says former Reagan strategist Ed Rollins. “Now even those who’ve endorsed Romney say, ‘My God, what a f**king mess.’ ”
</div></div>I agree with this 100% but I have never supported Romney. While I view the Reps a complete mess I don't see anything promising from any candidate at this point from any party.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I propose a bet with you, if Obama wins you get to wear an Obama campaign shirt for 24 hours and have to post a pic of yourself wearing it in public while holding a sign saying "Obama, Obama, he's the man! Beat my ass like the chump I am!" If the GOP candidate wins I will wear a GOP campaign shirt and post a pic of myself holding the sign (but with the GOP candidate's name in the text). So how about it..are you game to take the bet?

cushioncrawler
02-27-2012, 04:21 PM
I aint happy. I want Obama to win. But i allso want krappynomix to looz. Aktually, i think i kan hav it both ways -- there, i aint so unhappy now.

Having say Santorum az prez would be a circus that only kums round once in lifetime.

Roll Up Roll Up Roll Up.
See clowns falling in elephant shit.

Ladies and gentlemen step right up step right up step right this way! We've got a great show for you tonight.

Step right up to the platform, ladies and gentlemen.
You will see the greatest show on the midway for only 50 cents.
These little ladies are entertaining you now, but in just a moment...
...Little Rick will turn on hiz stuff.
He has danced before all the crown heads of Europe.
He makes blue blood turn into red.
Ladies and gentlemen, step right up...
...and buy your tickets for Romney, the strongest man in the world.
He juggles pianos. He plays marbles with cannonballs.

He lifts 10 times his own weight with one arm.
He can even raise his own salary.
Now, folks, step right this way.
You are looking at the sensation of the fair, the eighth Wonder of the World.
Ladies and gentlemen, this way. This way.
This little guy has wiggled hizself...
...from the desert to the shores of Lake Michigan.
And he's about to give you an exhibition absolutely free.
Ladies and gentlemen, this is not the dance that Little Rick does inside...
...but to prove our generosity, we're going to give a demonstration...

...of that famous dance, the hootchy-kootch. Rick, wiggle.
That's sufficient. Now, ladies and gentlemen--
He's a masterpiece of manhood.
Step up to the box office and buy your tickets. The show's about to begin.
--phenomenon. Ladies and gentlemen, this--
Well, how's business, Ziggy?
And now, ladies and gentlemen, Romney concludes this performance...
...by lifting, with Herculean strength, the largest dumbbell in the world.
An unusual feat, ladies and gentlemen...
...for inside this huge dumbbell, there are other dumbbells.

Ladies and gentlemen, look.
There you are. Aren't they beautiful? Aren't they glorious?
A total weight of 750 pounds.
Isn't it wonderful? Isn't it marvelous? Let's give him a big hand.
What made you bring me to a show of this kind?
Well, you wouldn't let me see Little Rick.
I'll bet a heifer against a mare the weights ain't on the level.
Seven hundred and fifty pounds, my foot.
-I wonder what hiz total weight is. Oh, Bill? -Yes, sir.
-Open the curtains, will you? -Open up those curtains.

Soflasnapper
02-27-2012, 05:48 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Meanwhile down where the air is thick:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Mitt Romney leads the president in a hypothetical 2012 matchup. Romney earns 45% of the vote, while the president attracts support from 43%. Romney holds a nine-point advantage among unaffiliated voters.

For the first time ever, Texas Congressman Ron Paul also leads the president. In that matchup, 43% prefer Paul and 41% Obama. Ten percent (10%) would vote for some other option, a figure that includes 17% of Republicans.

If former Senator Rick Santorum is the Republican nominee, the president leads by two, 45% to 43%. With former House Speaker Newt Gingrich as his opponent, the president enjoys a 10-point lead, 49% to 39%. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/obama_administration/daily_presidential_tracking_poll)
</div></div>

Says one poll, by one suspect pollster named Rasmussen. What do other polls say? (Which is where the air is thick, not in a single outlier poll from a known slanter of results?)

Here's the link to all recent polling of Obama v various individual Republican candidates, and lastly, against a generic Republican. Helpfully, they also calculate the AVERAGE of the polling, which see in larger typeface below:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
President Obama vs. Republican Candidates
General Election: Romney vs. Obama
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Romney (R) Spread
<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>RCP Average 2/8 - 2/26 -- 48.9 44.1 Obama +4.8</span></span>
Rasmussen Tracking 2/24 - 2/26 1500 LV 43 45 Romney +2
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 43 Obama +10
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 47 47 Tie
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 51 43 Obama +8
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 46 44 Obama +2
Democracy Corps (D) 2/11 - 2/14 1000 LV 49 45 Obama +4
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 51 46 Obama +5
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 48 42 Obama +6
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 49 42 Obama +7
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 52 44 Obama +8

More Polling Data | News
General Election: Santorum vs. Obama
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Santorum (R) Spread
<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>RCP Average 2/8 - 2/26 -- 49.6 43.8 Obama +5.8</span></span>
Rasmussen Tracking 2/24 - 2/26 1500 LV 45 43 Obama +2
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 53 42 Obama +11
USA Today/Gallup 2/20 - 2/21 881 RV 46 49 Santorum +3
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 52 43 Obama +9
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 47 44 Obama +3
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 52 45 Obama +7
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 49 41 Obama +8
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 49 44 Obama +5
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 53 43 Obama +10

More Polling Data | News
General Election: Gingrich vs. Obama
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Gingrich (R) Spread
<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>RCP Average 2/8 - 2/25 -- 52.7 39.6 Obama +13.1</span></span>
Rasmussen Reports 2/24 - 2/25 1000 LV 49 39 Obama +10
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 52 42 Obama +10
Quinnipiac 2/14 - 2/20 2605 RV 50 39 Obama +11
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 55 42 Obama +13
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 54 36 Obama +18
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 52 40 Obama +12
Pew Research 2/8 - 2/12 1172 RV 57 39 Obama +18

More Polling Data | News
General Election: Paul vs. Obama
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Paul (R) Spread
<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>RCP Average 2/6 - 2/25 -- 48.8 41.7 Obama +7.1</span></span>
Rasmussen Reports 2/24 - 2/25 1000 LV 41 43 Paul +2
Associated Press/GfK 2/16 - 2/20 1000 A 53 44 Obama +9
CNN/Opinion Research 2/10 - 2/13 937 RV 52 45 Obama +7
CBS News/NY Times 2/8 - 2/13 1604 RV 50 39 Obama +11
PPP (D) 2/9 - 2/12 1200 RV 49 41 Obama +8
FOX News 2/6 - 2/9 1110 RV 48 38 Obama +10

More Polling Data | News
General Election: Republican vs. Obama
Poll Date Sample Obama (D) Republican (R) Spread
<span style="color: #3366FF"><span style='font-size: 14pt'>RCP Average 1/4 - 2/22 -- 45.0 43.8 Obama +1.2</span></span>
Politico/GWU/Battleground 2/19 - 2/22 1000 LV 50 45 Obama +5
NBC News/Wall St. Jrnl 1/22 - 1/24 RV 47 42 Obama +5
Rasmussen Reports 1/9 - 1/15 3500 LV 42 47 Republican +5
Pew Research 1/4 - 1/8 1165 RV 41 41 Tie

More Polling Data | News </div></div>

If you can't read this, check the original at RealClearPolitics' polling page. (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2012/president/president_obama_vs_republican_candidates.html)

To make it simpler to see the trends, these final numbers are shown in blue if Obama is ahead, red if the given GOP candidate is ahead, and their net difference displayed as the spread, also in blue or red respectively.

Those who have eyes to see, and who are not color-blind, may note that out of the last 10 polls put out in February of Obama v. Romney, 8 are in Obama's favor, 1 is a tie, and just 1 of 10 shows Romney ahead (although within the MOE).

By these same criteria of the most recent February polls, Obama does similarly, but better spreads, against Santorum and Paul and Gingrich, AND against a generic GOP candidate.

Note, while some of these are of RVs, many use the LV screen as well (which Rasmussen always uses when others do not until usually after Labor Day in an election season).

Qtec
02-28-2012, 02:59 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Trees, and the Tales, Are Tall in Michigan

Mitt Romney loves tall trees, among other things. Apparently he also loves tall tales about his childhood that didn’t actually happen.

DETROIT—When Mitt Romney regaled a Michigan audience this week with childhood memories of a landmark moment in Detroit history, it was a rare instance of emotional candour.

And, perhaps, an even rarer example of time travel.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Romney recalled he was “probably 4 or something like that” the day of the Golden Jubilee, when three-quarters of a million people gathered to celebrate the 50th anniversary of the American automobile. </span>[...]

The Golden Jubilee described so vividly by Romney was indeed an epic moment in automotive lore. The parade included one of the last public appearances by an elderly Henry Ford.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>And it took place June 1, 1946 — fully nine months before Romney was born.</span>

Very serious question – can Mitt Romney publicly speak without lying? Is it even possible? From what I have witnessed, his speeches contain more lies than facts.

Perhaps the better question would be — do his speeches contain any facts?

He lies about his taxes, his legislative record, his business record, the president’s record, and apparently his personal experiences. </div></div>

Q

LWW
02-28-2012, 03:59 AM
I am not a republican, but I understand that you can't wrap your head around the idea that there are people who can form an opinion without a party spoon feeding it to them.

LWW
02-28-2012, 03:59 AM
And?

Qtec
02-28-2012, 04:11 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And? </div></div>

When I was a lad, I witnessed the Battle of Waterloo.

LWW.......and.

Q

LWW
02-28-2012, 04:15 AM
So did I.

Hondo lost.

Now ... what was your point, if any?

Qtec
02-28-2012, 04:29 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did I.

Hondo lost.

Now ...<u> what was your point</u>, if any? </div></div>

Romney is a liar. What's your point?

Q

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:07 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So did I.

Hondo lost.

Now ...<u> what was your point</u>, if any? </div></div>

Romney is a liar. What's your point?

Q </div></div>

So are you calling Obama a liar?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">On March 4, 2007 Barack Obama said, “But something stirred across the country because of what happened in Selma, Alabama… because some folks were willing to march across a bridge… so they got together and Barack Obama, Jr., was born….”

The President had to stop telling that tall tale when it was pointed out that the Selma march happened in 1965, but Barack Obama was born in 1961. </div></div>

You defended it as a lapse of memory years ago?

Why the double standard?

HOLY HYPOCRISY BATMAN! (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/15-tall-tales-told-by-politicians)

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:08 AM
So now you agree Al Gore was a liar?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Serial liar Al Gore used to claim that his mama used to sing him to sleep with a lullaby called “Look For The Union Label.”

Far be it from us to question a mother’s choice of lullabies, but it should be noted that this was the theme song in an ad campaign for the International Ladies Garment Workers Union and wasn’t written until Gore was 27 years old. </div></div>
OH DEAR! (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/15-tall-tales-told-by-politicians)

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:10 AM
Was Obama lying here?

You defended that one also.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sen. Barack Obama attempted to link himself to the Kennedy legacy when he said JFK’s family had “paid for his Kenyan father to travel to America on a student scholarship and thus meet his Kansan mother.”

But the Washington Post reveals the truth: “Contrary to Obama’s claims in speeches in January at American University and in Selma last year, the Kennedy family did not provide the funding for a September 1959 airlift of 81 Kenyan students to the United States that included Obama’s father. According to historical records and interviews with participants, the Kennedys were first approached for support for the program nearly a year later, in July 1960. The family responded with a $100,000 donation, most of which went to pay for a second airlift in September 1960.” </div></div>

OH MY! (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/15-tall-tales-told-by-politicians)

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:12 AM
What about Moooo-chelle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“Some of my best memories are sitting on my dad’s lap,” Michelle Obama told the International Olympic Committee, “cheering on Olga and Nadia, Carl Lewis, and others for their brilliance and perfection.”

As Michelle Malkin points out, “Mrs. Obama was 20 years old when Lewis first competed in the Olympics in 1984.” We can only hope she wasn’t really sitting on dad’s lap at that point in life. </div></div>
Is there a day that goes by where you don't make a fool of yourself? (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/15-tall-tales-told-by-politicians)

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:13 AM
What about Billy Jeff?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Washington Monthly tells both sides of the tale: “During a weekly Oval Office radio address on June 8th, 1996, Clinton told his audience that ‘I have vivid and painful memories of black churches being burned in my own state when I was a child.’ The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette reported the following day that there was no evidence available of a black church ever being burned down in Arkansas.” </div></div>

Have you ever had a fair and balanced thought? (http://www.ihatethemedia.com/15-tall-tales-told-by-politicians)

LWW
02-28-2012, 06:15 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And? </div></div>

When I was a lad, I witnessed the Battle of Waterloo.

LWW.......and.

Q </div></div>

Why the double standards Snoop?

Man up and confess ... just once.

You'll feel better about yourself.

Qtec
02-28-2012, 06:16 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So are you calling Obama a liar? </div></div>

Eh........NO. I thought I was quite clear. Here, match up the names and tell me if you still think they are the same.

Romney.
Obama.

Are they the same?

Got anything to say about Willard?

Q...didn't think so.

Q