PDA

View Full Version : Dining at Barry and Moooo-chelle's ...

LWW
02-27-2012, 03:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The White House Sunday epically failed to practice what its first lady preaches, serving the nation’s governors a more than 2,000 calorie dinner even as Michelle Obama traverses the country promoting health eating.

While Michelle lectures children to cut out the fat and eat their vegetables unadorned with caloric sauces, she served the governors – who are in Washington for their annual meeting – a feast that included adipose-marbled steak, vegetables slathered with dairy enhancements, and dessert.

The White House has proposed mandating meals for elementary school kids that include none of these items, or anything like them. Here, for example, is the Wednesday lunch from a proposal on the White House website.

Chef’s salad: (1 cup romaine, .5 oz low-fat mozzarella, 1.5 oz grilled chicken) with whole wheat bread
Soft pretzel (2.5 oz)
Corn, cooked (1/2 cup)
Baby carrots, raw (1/4 cup)
Banana
Skim chocolate milk (8 oz)
Low fat ranch dressing (1.5 oz)
Low fat italian dressing (1.5 oz)

Here’s what the governors got:

Garden salad
Bread and butter
Ribeye steak 12 oz
Creamed spinach
Crab mac and cheese
Pear tart with ice cream
White wine

Based on conservative estimates of caloric totals for each of the items that found their way to the governors’ plates, and assuming consumption of a single glass of wine from the bottles that were placed on the tables, the total intake amounted to about 2,250 calories.

The recommended intake for an adult male during AN ENTIRE DAY is about 2,500 calories. For women, it’s about 2,000 calories.

I hope the White House included a note on its invitation to the governors to fast until dinner. </div></div>

HOLY HYPOCRITE BATMAN (http://www.whitehousedossier.com/2012/02/27/michelle-governors-gorge-2000-calories/)

eg8r
02-27-2012, 03:44 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While Michelle lectures children to cut out the fat and eat their vegetables unadorned with caloric sauces, she served the governors – who are in Washington for their annual meeting – a feast that included adipose-marbled steak, vegetables slathered with dairy enhancements, and dessert.
</div></div>Who put the menu together and how much input do you think the FLOTUS has on said menu?

An example might be teaching your child to drive. Do you tell them to obey the speed limit while constantly breaking it every time you hit the road?

How often are meals like this consumed by Michele Obama?

eg8r

Soflasnapper
02-27-2012, 05:58 PM
If any of the governors were children at the time of this WH visit, you might have a point, although as eg8r points out, probably not then, either.

Mrs. Obama would also allow special meals for special occasions, even for children, as it is what they eat REGULARLY, as a RULE, that needs to be closer to the strict line.

I think a lunch at the WHITE HOUSE is such an occasion.

Adults may make their own informed decisions about how much to eat, and of which offerings. Children, not so much, needing guidance.

LWW
02-27-2012, 06:28 PM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">How often are meals like this consumed by Michele Obama?

eg8r </div></div>

Apparently quite often ... and if you think the WH has no control over any of this you are quite naive.

cushioncrawler
02-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Thems diet rules are az uzual shit.
mac.

eg8r
02-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Why did you ignore the vast majority of my post while giving a BS answer to the softball question.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 08:34 PM
Thank you for bringing us this ground shaking news! I'm glad that you have shed the spotlight on this gastronomical nightmare, it is truly the most pressing issue vexing our nation.

eg8r
02-27-2012, 09:29 PM
Thanks for chasing me around blathering your BS. It is nice to see at your age there is still a platform for you to run your mouth.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 10:20 PM
What are you talking about? Who's chasing you around? I simply added a reply by clicking on reply in the last post in the thread.

Don't flatter yourself dude, you ain't all that and a bag of chips.

And as to running my mouth..who the hell are you to tell me when, where, how, or why, I should post anything? Is this forum your own personal preserve? You do a pretty darned good job of running your pie hole here, so why do you want to silence me? Oh and BTW, what is my age, and what does it have to do with the price of peanuts in Peoria?

eg8r
02-27-2012, 10:23 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">And as to running my mouth..who the hell are you to tell me when, where, how, or why, I should post anything?</div></div>LOL, starting another pissing contest? /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r

DiabloViejo
02-27-2012, 10:25 PM
How can I have a pissing contest with someone who lacks the proper apparatus to compete?

BTW, don't forget to...
Keep on dancing! (http://youtu.be/fhLoR6i0QoE)