PDA

View Full Version : Why the left has no credibility III.

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:34 AM
They get their shorts in a collective wad over this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here, from TPM (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/gop-rep-ill-personally-have-to-kill-some-senators-to-get-a-budget-passed-audio.php?ref=fpblg)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said, after this last election, the first order of business is pass a budget. Now, I believe that. I supported the Paul Ryan budget and sent it over to the Senate. Now I live with some Senators, I yell at them all the time, I grabbed one of them the other day and shook him and I’d love to get them to vote for it — boy I’d love that. You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat. </div></div> </div></div>

And trip over each other to excuse this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun, because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl.”
-Dear Leader-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:35 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“argue with [people], get in their faces”
-Barack Hussein Obama II-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:36 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry. I’m angry.”
-Imam Hussein Obama-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:38 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard.”
-Barry Obama-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:39 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“punish our enemies”
-Barry Soetero-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:40 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“I’m sure everyone in this room knows some trifling person who is not registered. You need to talk to them, those folks, and shake them. Tell them we don’t have time to play. Because the choice is clear. We know what we will get if Barack Obama doesn’t win.”
-Moooochelle Obama-</div></div>

LWW
02-29-2012, 06:42 AM
And this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“That means that we are going to have just hand-to-hand combat up here on Capitol Hill.”
-Barack Hussein Soetero-</div></div>

Soflasnapper
02-29-2012, 10:58 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They get their shorts in a collective wad over this:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Here, from TPM (http://2012.talkingpointsmemo.com/2012/02/gop-rep-ill-personally-have-to-kill-some-senators-to-get-a-budget-passed-audio.php?ref=fpblg)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like I said, after this last election, the first order of business is pass a budget. Now, I believe that. I supported the Paul Ryan budget and sent it over to the Senate. Now I live with some Senators, I yell at them all the time, I grabbed one of them the other day and shook him and I’d love to get them to vote for it — boy I’d love that. You know but other than me going over there with a gun and holding it to their head and maybe killing a couple of them, I don’t think they’re going to listen unless they get beat. </div></div> </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“If they bring a knife to the fight, we bring a gun, because from what I understand folks in Philly like a good brawl.”
</div></div>

"Collective shorts in a wad" = my only reaction to the offending statement: "Myself, I'm in the eye-rolling stage of mild reaction to almost all the things we're supposed to be outraged by.

Stupid people say stupid things every hour of the day. I think the best response is, generally, 'boy, that's stupid!' and leave it at that."

I made an exception and stated my actual outrage at the blithe suggestion of Mr. Carlson that 78 million people ought to be annihilated.

I advise you take the same chill pill for what Obama has said over time, as it was considerably milder than the quote I provided, and shrugged off as simply stupid.

<u>IF</u> they bring a knife, <u>THEN</u> you bring a gun? Common sense self defense-- don't have an inferior weapon if you are facing someone with a weapon. If not, you don't need a gun, OR a knife, and he didn't say to run around armed, or that he would perhaps personally shoot people. Clearly enough, except for people pretending they don't know this, he was quoting a movie line about Chicago from The Untouchables. It's possible to factually complain that the OTHER Costner film should have been quoted-- Dances with Wolves-- but that's a controversial argument.

Soflasnapper
02-29-2012, 11:10 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">They get their shorts in a collective wad over this:

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Ann Romney jests she could 'strangle' press

Comments (97)

By DYLAN BYERS |
2/28/12 2:08 PM EST

The National Review's Katrina Trinko reports that Ann Romney is so frustrated with the media's coverage of her husband that she recently joked about strangling them, and suggested that some reporters weren't going to be allowed back on the press bus.

From Trinko's report, published this morning:

At [the Midland County Republican Club luncheon Sunday], Ann Romney also complains about the media treatment of her husband. “All of us in this room know the media loves Barack Obama. They don’t want anyone who has a chance of defeating him,” she says.

Speaking openly about how it was “getting harder and harder to be cheerful,” she laughingly says, “I am so mad at the press [that] I could just strangle them! And, you know, I think I’ve decided there are going to be some people invited on the bus and some people just aren’t going to be invited on the bus.”

The Romney campaign told me that Ann's comments were made "in jest."

"She was laughing when she said this," Romney press secretary Andrea Saul explained via email.

Saul added that "Ann has a very warm relationship with members of the press who travel with the campaign," a characterization reporters on the trail seconded.

"She is generally very kind," one told me. "Frequently described as more warm and genuine than the candidate." </div></div>

Joking, as in obviously laughing when you say certain over the top things? We can all join in with the laughing, as we know it's a joke, and we get it.

LWW
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Stupid people say stupid things every hour of the day.</div></div>

Yes, they do.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I always and on all occasions 'slavishly defend dear leader,'</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Q, since President Obama did not want me to know that, I thought it best not to read the post which contained that. I support my President and his wishes!! </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I also have not had the news on all day as I was waiting for it to be spoon fed to me</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wolfdancer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I believe God has already assisted him in being elected to his first term.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stretch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Obama is half man half God.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The strangest thing happened to me yesterday.
All along I've been planning to vote for Hillary.
When I got to the polls I calmly started to vote for
Hillary when suddenly something took hold of my hand and
circled in Obama.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you happen to think the Shroud of Turin is authentic, which I do,
he strongly resembles Obama.</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes, you are absolutely right, I'm waiting for Obama to tell me what I think.

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style='font-size: 17pt'>I quit. I have no answer to a direct question</span>.

Q

</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Qtec</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You still don't get it. <span style='font-size: 20pt'>Even if its MADE UP and the poll is a total fabrication, my post still stands.</span>

Q </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Opposing dear leader, that makes you a racist. </div></div>

Sure it does. What's your point?</div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was talking about Obama, Dearest Leader. </div></div>

They most certainly do.

Soflasnapper
02-29-2012, 05:51 PM
Yep. You left out mention of your own foibles.

Remember when you guaranteed that, at the very best that could be said, the Wisconsin recallers were outspending the 'keep the bastards' side by at least 7-1? (It was about even.)

Good times! I could go on, as I have a good memory of recent things.

I think my all-time favorite was when you claimed that FDR's percentage increase of the national debt was the same percentage pre-WWII as during WWII.

Most of these howling failures you've posted up are immediately buried under an avalanche of repetitious posts of the same things, but numbered 1-infinity.

Quite a trick you've invented with that technique.

Stretch
02-29-2012, 06:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yep. You left out mention of your own foibles.

Remember when you guaranteed that, at the very best that could be said, the Wisconsin recallers were outspending the 'keep the bastards' side by at least 7-1? (It was about even.)

Good times! I could go on, as I have a good memory of recent things.

I think my all-time favorite was when you claimed that FDR's percentage increase of the national debt was the same percentage pre-WWII as during WWII.

Most of these howling failures you've posted up are immediately buried under an avalanche of repetitious posts of the same things, but numbered 1-infinity.

Quite a trick you've invented with that technique. </div></div>

Like how many pages back is Diablo's unanswered bet with Heir Lar already about who will win the election. lol. St.