PDA

View Full Version : Pool Industry Report and Data??

Jackd
02-29-2012, 11:22 AM
Anyone have access to Pool Hall Industry Reports or data? I am trying to decide whether to open a pool hall and would love to see some market data on the industry. Please help!

Jack
jd60523@yahoo.com

Rich R.
03-01-2012, 05:31 AM
Try contacting the BCA. They may help you out.

dg-in-centralpa
03-01-2012, 07:02 AM
Check out your market area, can it or will it be able to support a pool hall? In my area, our only pool hall is closing due to lack of business. Actually poor management on the owner's part.

DG

Bambu
03-01-2012, 08:10 AM
I hate to say this, but I see rooms closing left and right. One room I know in brooklyn has to run a card game in the back room just to make it work. I doubt any data would predict success, but maybe you can be an exception.

Rich R.
03-04-2012, 06:00 AM
There are no less than 6 poolrooms within a 30 minute drive from my house. Some of them, without good food and alcohol, are struggling but they are staying in business. Others seem to be doing alright. Still others have closed but I have to blame the closures on poor management.

As Bambu said, there is no data that can predict success. However, if you can determine there is lack of poolrooms in your area and you provide a good product, you may have a chance at success. Alcohol isn't mandatory but it certainly doesn't hurt. Of course, it brings a set of problems in itself. Good food, at a reasonable price, is definitely a big plus. Keep in mind that your business is first and foremost a poolroom. The equipment must be good and it must be kept in good condition. You may also want to support the diffent league systems, such as the APA, the BCA and TAP. You give up some table time but they buy a lot of food and drinks and they will help keep your doors open with their steady, weekly business.

This is my data and it is solely based on my observations. It is worth every penny you are paying for it. These few points won't guarantee success but they will give you a shot at it.

Good luck.

Tony_in_MD
03-04-2012, 06:50 AM
Come down to my area. The closest poolroom is 1.5 hours away.

Rich R.
03-04-2012, 07:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tony_in_MD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Come down to my area. The closest poolroom is 1.5 hours away.

</div></div>
That's what you get for living in another country. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif