PDA

View Full Version : Andrew Breitbart, RIP

Soflasnapper
03-01-2012, 10:33 AM
A too-early passing at 43, may God have mercy on his soul and comfort his young family.

Soflasnapper
03-01-2012, 12:12 PM
A gracious tribute by Joshua Micah Marshall (Talking Points Memo creator), from opposite Brietbart's side of the political divide:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> share
Josh Marshall March 1, 2012, 10:24 AM 18576

I was Ö I am stunned to hear of the death of Andrew Breitbart. I donít think thereís much of anything I agreed with him about, which is an understatement. My interactions with him were first friendly, then later heated and vexed, though maybe not unfriendly even then. He tweeted something at me yesterday, which I ignored. There are some people who live for the fight. Itís something I try not to be part of. Yet itís a big, punchy, vivid and outrageously honorable tradition in the American public square. I cannot think of many people who lived more out loud than he did, more in primary colors. I remember thinking at some points even the name ó the way it rolls off your tongue ó has this rough, brickbat, unsmoothable sound: Breit / Bart.

I noticed on my Facebook feed this morning this comment from my friend Hilary Rosen: ď‎#AndrewBreitbart RIP you big crazy rabble-rousing bundle of contradictions, loathsome actions and a giant heart. You have made your mark.Ē I donít think I can say anything more fitting.

He left his mark.

Beneath all the layers of our public life, weíre sons, daughters; parents to sons and daughters: naked people at our most vulnerable, true moments. This is way, way too young to die, something I know palpably since Breitbart was only a week or so older than I am.

Others knew him better, can memorialize him better. But for myself I wish the very best to his wife and children in this moment of unbearable grief and send my condolences to all his friends, of whom there were many.</div></div>

DiabloViejo
03-01-2012, 02:33 PM
I do not rejoice in his death, nor am not going to shed any tears over his passing. In my household, not a single gram of f**k will be given.

eg8r
03-01-2012, 04:04 PM
Yeah, man this was surprising news. I did not follow him so I don't know much about him other than his political leanings. The words in your post were nice though.

eg8r

sack316
03-02-2012, 08:24 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A too-early passing at 43, may God have mercy on his soul and comfort his young family. </div></div>

Nice post Sofla. Although I do lean more towards the Breitbart direction, he tended to be a little "too far" out there for my personal tastes. But I did always respect the passion and efforts he put into his work. Prayers are with his family and loved ones.

Sack