PDA

View Full Version : Cantor’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy

DiabloViejo
03-01-2012, 05:42 PM
REPORT: Despite Cantor’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy, More Than 10 GOP Congressmen Embroiled In Ethics Scandals
By Josh Israel on Feb 29, 2012 at 9:45 am
Think Progress (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/02/29/433969/gop_congressmen_ethics_scandal/)

A growing number of ethics questions and investigations are mounting for the Republican House majority, despite earlier leadership pledges of ethical purity.

In 2010, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) promised that if his party won the majority in the midterm elections, he (as majority leader) and his colleagues would take the toughest possible stand on ethics.

I think as the Republicans emerge as a new governing majority, it is incumbent upon us to institute a zero-tolerance policy. We understand there were reasons for our being fired in ’06 and ’08. Some of that had to do with ethics violations. I mean we had several members under public investigations during the time of the ’06 elections. I think we’ve learned that that’s not a good way to gain the confidence of the people and that we ought to be instituting a zero-tolerance policy here.

“We’ve learned our lesson,” Cantor told the National Review Online, “We cannot tolerate any ethics violations or behavior, in terms of compromising the ethics that the people expect us to have as their representatives.” Watch the video:
Cantor on YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=rk3XkBT-NAA)

So, how are they doing?

Rep. Vern Buchanan (R-FL), finance vice chair for the National Republican Congressional Committee (the House GOP’s campaign arm), is reportedly under federal grand jury investigation for alleged reimbursement of campaign donors by his companies, improper tax deductions, inaccurate Congressional disclosure reports.

Rep. Spencer Bachus (R-AL), continues to chair financial services despite an ongoing investigation by the Office of Congressional Ethics for alleged insider trading.

Rep. Howard “Buck” McKeon (R-CA), continues to chair the House Armed Services, despite reports that Congressional investigators allege he got a special cut-rate on his Countrywide home loan.

Rep. Elton Gallegly (R-CA), continues to chair the House Judiciary Committee’s Immigration Policy and Enforcement Subcommittee, despite reports that Congressional investigators allege he got a special cut-rate on his Countrywide home loan.

Rep. Pete Sessions (R-TX), continues to chair the House Rules Committee’s Rules Subcommittee on Legislative and Budget Process, despite reports that Congressional investigators allege he got a special cut-rate on his Countrywide home loan.

Rep. Michael Grimm (R-NY) continues to serve, despite ongoing Federal Election Commission and House Ethics Committee investigations into reports that he engaged in illegal campaign fundraising.

Rep. David Rivera (R-FL) continues to serve despite reported IRS and FBI investigations into alleged tax evasion and failure to disclose $132,000 in “loans” from a company co-owned by his mother.

Rep. Joe Walsh (R-IL) continues to serve despite a reported $117,000 in unpaid child support payments.

According to Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, Reps. Ken Calvert (R-CA), Gary Miller (R-CA), and Tim Murphy (R-PA) have also been under investigation over the past two years for ethical issues, yet all three continue to serve.

Even Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA), who chairs the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform was hit with an ethics complaint last September. The Office of Congressional Ethics has not yet addressed allegations by American Family Voices that Issa used his “public position to promote his private financial interest” and Issa’s office has denied wrongdoing.

Not only has the House leadership stood by their accused colleagues, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) will headline a fundraiser for Buchanan’s reelection campaign this Saturday. But while they may not have learned the lesson, with 68 percent of the country disapproving of the job the House GOP is doing, according to a recent PPP poll, Cantor appears correct that the House Republicans’ ethical laxity is “not a good way to gain the confidence of the people.”

cushioncrawler
03-01-2012, 07:18 PM
I aint sure about that bit about continueing to serve.
mac.

cushioncrawler
03-01-2012, 11:55 PM
GOP ethics smelt bad.
http://i951.photobucket.com/albums/ad357/tbones01/California/Delta-Smelt.jpg

Qtec
03-02-2012, 01:48 AM
link (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73474.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STOCK Act limps toward passage

Congress is about to show what happens when it’s pressured into drafting new ethics rules for itself: not a whole lot.

Much ballyhooed by politicians but warped by legislative sausage-making, a bill to ban insider trading by members of Congress appears headed for adoption. But even the authors of the STOCK Act say it won’t do much to curb the rash of bad behavior that’s sullied Congress’ public image and left it limping toward a single-digit public approval rating.

An unethical lawmaker who wants to do bad, experts say, will find a way to do it — law or no law. And those with more honorable intentions won’t be affected.

“I don’t want to certainly leave the impression that it’s an earth-shaking change,” Rep. Tim Walz (D-Minn.), a lead sponsor of the measure, said in an interview. “It doesn’t change the life of most members that are here in any way, shape or form.”

Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0212/73474.html#ixzz1nwYmfyrb

</div></div>

No surprise there!

Q

LWW
03-02-2012, 05:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REPORT: Despite Cantor’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy, More Than 10 GOP Congressmen Embroiled In Ethics Scandals
Think Progress (http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/02/29/433969/gop_congressmen_ethics_scandal/)

A growing number of ethics questions and investigations are mounting for the Republican House majority, despite earlier leadership pledges of ethical purity.

In 2010, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) promised that if his party won the majority in the midterm elections, he (as majority leader) and his colleagues would take the toughest possible stand on ethics.</div></div>

So what is your point.

He promised to go after violators within his party ... and has?

Now ... would you like to discuss how the demokrooks handled it when their members were nailed?

What's that?

You wouldn't?

But ... I already knew that.

eg8r
03-02-2012, 08:13 AM
Nope, just like Obama choosing a tax cheat to run the Department of Treasury.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-02-2012, 11:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">REPORT: Despite Cantor’s ‘Zero Tolerance’ Policy, More Than 10 GOP Congressmen Embroiled In Ethics Scandals

In 2010, Rep. Eric Cantor (R-VA) promised that if his party won the majority in the midterm elections, he (as majority leader) and his colleagues would take the toughest possible stand on ethics.</div></div>

So what is your point.

He promised to go after violators within his party ... and has?

Now ... would you like to discuss how the demokrooks handled it when their members were nailed?

What's that?

You wouldn't?

But ... I already knew that. </div></div>

<span style="color: #FF0000"><span style='font-size: 11pt'>“We cannot tolerate <u>any</u> ethics violations or behavior, in terms of compromising the ethics that the people expect us to have as their representatives. -- Eric Cantor</span></span>

BTW, if you want to start a thread about Democrats then by all means have at it, but <u>this</u> thread is about Eric Cantor's unwillingness or inability to go keep the promise he made to his own base.

Go ahead and try to spin it anyway you want. I would expect nothing less from you. And yes, you already knew that!

BTW, I'm worried about your health..having a never ending 24/7/365 conniption is stressful, look what it did to Breitbart. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smirk.gif

eg8r
03-02-2012, 09:01 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">“We cannot tolerate any ethics violations or behavior, in terms of compromising the ethics that the people expect us to have as their representatives. -- Eric Cantor

BTW, if you want to start a thread about Democrats then by all means have at it, but this thread is about Eric Cantor's unwillingness or inability to go keep the promise he made to his own base.
</div></div>What do you mean his unwillingness or inability to keep the promise. He is investigating those that are doing wrong. What do you expect him to do. He cannot control these guys any more than parents are able to control their daughters going out and getting pregnant.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 01:15 AM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean his unwillingness or inability to keep the promise. He is investigating those that are doing wrong. What do you expect him to do. He cannot control these guys any more than parents are able to control their daughters going out and getting pregnant.

eg8r </div></div>

Bullsh*t! Would you be willing to be as magnaminous if Cantor was a Democrat? Hmmmmm, I don't think so. But that's alright cause it's OK and nothing to get upset about when your right wing team does it..ain't that right Mr. Eg8r? Hah! You are just a typical right wing hypocrite! But then we already knew that.

eg8r
03-03-2012, 11:53 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Bullsh*t! Would you be willing to be as magnaminous if Cantor was a Democrat? Hmmmmm, I don't think so.</div></div>Do you not agree that he is going after those who are not doing what is right? He said he would go after them, he is going after them, and you spill your colostomy bag. Tough luck puppet but he is doing what he said he would.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 12:49 PM
[quote=eg8r]<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Tough luck puppet but he is doing what he said he would.

eg8r </div></div>

Hhhhhmmmm first you say this: <span style="color: #FF0000">"What do you expect him to do. He cannot control these guys any more than parents are able to control their daughters going out and getting pregnant."</span> Then (with your usual lack of civility) you say this: <span style="color: #FF0000">"Do you not agree that he is going after those who are not doing what is right? He said he would go after them, he is going after them, and you spill your colostomy bag."</span>

Which is it? You can't say he cannot control his own colleagues because they are like out of control teenage girls and then imply that he is asserting control by going after the miscreants. Your logic is quite faulty.

Provide us with real evidence of Cantor's going after any of the many GOP/Tea Party dirtbags in the house. Give us the proof of Cantor's having launched or requested any ethics investigations against his own party members. Come on, it's easy, just give us the proof! Or am I supposed to believe something is true just because you say it is?

Yes there are some GOP reps under investigation but not a single one of those investigations was requested, launched, or pursued by Cantor.

BTW, your colostomy bag comment was nothing less than what I would expect from a typical dirtbag. Is that what passes for wit among your kind? I don't need a colostomy bag, but apparently <u>you do</u> and it drains thru your head.

http://www.mandevillefatloss.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/REALITY_SLAP_L.jpg

eg8r
03-03-2012, 03:20 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is it? You can't say he cannot control his own colleagues because they are like out of control teenage girls and then imply that he is asserting control by going after the miscreants. Your logic is quite faulty.
</div></div>No, your comprehension sucks. He cannot control so he is being forced to go after them in the means he is currently doing. Much like a mother and father cannot control their daughter they have to help pick up the mess afterwards.

Now, go see the doc, up your meds, shut your mouth and read slowly and see if any of this sinks through the rock in your head.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 03:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is it? You can't say he cannot control his own colleagues because they are like out of control teenage girls and then imply that he is asserting control by going after the miscreants. Your logic is quite faulty.
</div></div>No, your comprehension sucks. He cannot control so he is being forced to go after them in the means he is currently doing. Much like a mother and father cannot control their daughter they have to help pick up the mess afterwards.

Now, go see the doc, up your meds, shut your mouth and read slowly and see if any of this sinks through the rock in your head.

eg8r </div></div>

LMFAO! You're special, as in short bus special. The sad part is that you're too retarded to see that you're your own worst enemy. Don't forget to wear your helmet, Skippy!
BTW, Chuck U , and the little red republican horse you rode in on!

http://www.exalley.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/shortbus.jpg

http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu315/ChrisPBacon91/retard.jpg

eg8r
03-03-2012, 08:35 PM
LOL, that rock is definitely not very porous is it pops?

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 09:01 PM
LOL! "Pops" huh? You're probably older and more worn out than me! And unlike you, I don't need to hide from anyone. So here's a couple of recent webcam pics I took of myself just for you. I doubt you'll have the stones to post your own pic! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/5571_102143565884_550735884_2185941_8095222_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/6771_111233185884_550735884_2314575_7772547_n.jpg

Sev
03-03-2012, 09:37 PM
Your still funny looking Fats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

While we do have our disagreements I do hope you are well.

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Your still funny looking Fats. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

While we do have our disagreements I do hope you are well. </div></div>

LOL. Yep, I guess I <u>am</u> somewhat funny looking, and I suppose that helps when I do my stand-up comedy on the weekends! BTW-I ditched the whole 'beard' thing, I was getting too much of a pseudo-skunk effect from the gray hair! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Thanks for the kind words, I hope you and yours are doing well also, and I mean that sincerely.

In the big scheme of things our disagreements amount to nothing more than hot air, no amount of arguing on a forum is going to change anything. The real ideological battleground is on Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube,--- that's where the action is. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif

cushioncrawler
03-04-2012, 03:29 AM
I see u hav 2 pet cats -- hope u dont feedem smelts.
mac.

Qtec
03-04-2012, 04:21 AM
link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpBUjLWhsW8)

/forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Q

Just to be fair, this is me. link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1sseZkuNmo&feature=related)

DiabloViejo
03-04-2012, 01:17 PM
Pretty sporty shooting there! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

eg8r
03-04-2012, 05:25 PM
LOL, sorry pops but my pics have been on this forum plenty.

eg8r

eg8r
03-04-2012, 05:26 PM
Heck yeah that is me. LOL, I whooped her butt. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif She won game two and told em that was all the time. 50/50 with AF, not a shabby afternoon if I do say so myself.

Thanks for showing the diablow weenie that his bets are garbage.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-04-2012, 06:46 PM
LOL, still with the stalking huh? Sorry home slice, but I don't go that way. Not that there's anything wrong with it, it's just not my cup of tea. You may have better luck locally. I'm sure there's someone in Orlando that likes chubby bears! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

LWW
03-05-2012, 06:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Which is it? You can't say he cannot control his own colleagues because they are like out of control teenage girls and then imply that he is asserting control by going after the miscreants. Your logic is quite faulty.

eg8r </div></div>

You must remember that in the mind of a dembot, all that is needed against an (R) is an accusation.

Statists simply do not believe in juris prudence or the rule of law, they believe in mob rule.

SF, Snoop, G, aitch, woofie and stench would all have been at the front of Robespierre's mob.

LWW
03-05-2012, 06:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://i659.photobucket.com/albums/uu315/ChrisPBacon91/retard.jpghttp://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a247/lww/5571_102143565884_550735884_2185941_8095222_n.jpg

</div></div>

The family resemblance is quite obvious.

Once again, we have the compassionate left using the mentally handicapped as a prop for their latest episode of their agitprop theater.

I'm sure you made Buddhists world wide proud of you with that one.