PDA

View Full Version : 1st Annual CCB Tournament.... Notes

Tom_In_Cincy
09-28-2002, 07:41 PM
What a lot of fun.. Q-Masters let us have their tournament room.. 9 foot Gold Crowns.. with Simonis.. from 10 am until just after 7 pm.. There were 22 entries.. and Brady and Barry still added their full amounts. Over $700 in total prize money

Holly (CAT tour) and I did the drawings and brackets.. Holly called out the matches.. and we drew each other in the first match.. LOL.. hill-hill.. wow can that lady play...

I took pics, Kato took pics and Holly took pics, and we will get them onto an easily accessable website asap... for all to see..

socrates
09-28-2002, 08:06 PM
Sounds like everyone there is having a blast.

Anyone up for trying to organize a CCB tournament in the Midwest Next Year. Maybe at the same time the WPBA is in Peoria IL?

Karatemom
09-28-2002, 08:13 PM
You know we'll be there either way, but it would be nice to have it close to home.

Heide

Karatemom
09-28-2002, 08:15 PM
Sounds like it was a great tournament. How bout some results, seeing as how Kato hasn't been doing his job lately, LOL.

Heide ~ hopes Voodoo did well

Harold Acosta
09-28-2002, 09:30 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> What a lot of fun.. Q-Masters let us have their tournament room.. 9 foot Gold Crowns.. with Simonis.. from 10 am until just after 7 pm.. There were 22 entries.. and Brady and Barry still added their full amounts. Over $700 in total prize money

Holly (CAT tour) and I did the drawings and brackets.. Holly called out the matches.. and we drew each other in the first match.. LOL.. hill-hill.. wow can that lady play...

I took pics, Kato took pics and Holly took pics, and we will get them onto an easily accessable website asap... for all to see..

<hr></blockquote>

Did you guys get my fax?

Eric.
09-29-2002, 07:47 AM
Like Tom said, the 1st annual went off well. 22 hung over players battling for the prestige of "King/Queen of the board". It came down to Thierry Layani playing KillerBreak in the finals. Looks like KillerBreak gets to wear the Burger King cardboard crown til next year.

Eric &gt;went 3-2, blind in one eye, couldn't hear from the other one...

Chris Cass
09-29-2002, 08:23 AM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: socrates:</font><hr> Sounds like everyone there is having a blast.

Anyone up for trying to organize a CCB tournament in the Midwest Next Year. Maybe at the same time the WPBA is in Peoria IL? <hr></blockquote>

I see no way at Peoria. They don't have the room Steve. I think it's better held at the Open. I think it's great what Brady and Berry had done. I'm really impressed and tip my hat to them.

Regards,

C.C.

Scott Lee
09-29-2002, 10:13 AM
Several of us posters have been discussing the possibility of holding a CCB tournament next January, during the Derby City Classic. I believe Greg Sullivan would be in favor of this idea, and might even kick in some added money...like Barry did at the Open. Any ideas or suggestions are welcome. You can post here, or email me personally.

Scott Lee

PoolChick02
09-29-2002, 02:17 PM
Im glad that the CCB tournament went well. Can't wait to see all the pictures!

PoolChick02~hopes to attend the next CCB tournament!

NH_Steve
09-29-2002, 03:44 PM
Count me in for sure if it's one pocket!

TomBrooklyn
09-29-2002, 04:17 PM
Who's KillerBreak? Sorry, I don't know him. =TB

Tom_In_Cincy
09-29-2002, 04:33 PM
It has been an unwritten rule that when two or more CCBrs match up.. the results are kept off the board. I do think that this is the first time I have ever seen results posted... but only 1st and 2nd is ok...

Unless the players are from Texas.. then we must know exactly what everyplayer's speed is and how much they lost.. or how badly they played..

Ken (aks rackumup) is the best at letting everyone beat up on him so he doesn't have to show his true speed... LOL

Karatemom
09-29-2002, 05:53 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr> It has been an unwritten rule that when two or more CCBrs match up.. the results are kept off the board. I do think that this is the first time I have ever seen results posted... but only 1st and 2nd is ok...

Unless the players are from Texas.. then we must know exactly what everyplayer's speed is and how much they lost.. or how badly they played..

Ken (aks rackumup) is the best at letting everyone beat up on him so he doesn't have to show his true speed... LOL <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, Tom. I didn't stop to think about that. Just hope that everyone had a good time and still wish I could have been there. Hope everyone has a safe trip home as well.

Heide ~ open mouth insert foot /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

rackmup
09-29-2002, 08:57 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: Tom_In_Cincy:</font><hr>Ken (aka rackmup) is the best at letting everyone beat up on him so he doesn't have to show his true speed... LOL
<hr></blockquote>

That's just great...now my secret is out. Now OnePocketChamp will know I've been dogging our matchups.

Regards,

Ken

MikeM
09-29-2002, 09:50 PM
I kicked Bye's ass!!!!

Twice!!!!!

MM...I'd tell you about someone's lucked in nineball, but he says it's against the rules ;&gt;).

Rich R.
09-30-2002, 06:04 AM
It was great meeting all of the CCB'ers at the first "International" CCB Tournament. It was nice to be able to put faces with the names.
I can't speak for everyone there, but my wife and I had a blast and I hope we can do it again some time.

A warm thank you goes out to Wes and Mike for their generosity on Friday evening. That was above and beyond the call.

Also, thank you to Brady and pop Barry for being so kind to us. They really made our first trip to the U.S. Open, and the CCB Tournament, memorable. We will be back.
We didn't mind that the money was not in escrow. /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif /ccboard/images/icons/smile.gif

Rich R.~~~already checking schedules for next year.

CarolNYC
09-30-2002, 06:22 AM
Wow, its great to know everyone had such a good time-God, I wish I could've been there! Maybe next year!
Stay well!
Carol

Brian in VA
09-30-2002, 07:50 AM
Hi all,
Just wanted to say thanks to everyone that I met and played with. I didn't stay around long after my 2 and out as it was my first trip to the Open and I only had the one day. Glad to see that Thierry, who mauled me in the first round, went on to the final. KB must have played his tail off to win.

Look forward to seeing you all next year. Hope everyone made it home safely.

Brian

Lester
09-30-2002, 12:58 PM
<blockquote><font class="small">Quote: TomBrooklyn:</font><hr> Who's KillerBreak? Sorry, I don't know him. =TB <hr></blockquote>&gt;&gt;&gt;&gt;Tom, he's from Albany. A nice guy with a great game. ***Lester***

Holly
09-30-2002, 01:32 PM
Hey, what a great tine and thanks for the sweet comment Tom. I want to say thanks to the Behrman's for having the event and a big thanks to Kathy for picking up my slack as I was running late that morning : ( go figure - It was hard getting up at 9 a.m. after staying up playing until the wee morning hours : )

Please if I miss anyone I beg forgiveness...all I have to say is -

Voodoo Daddy..."Sandor Tot"

Kato...and again "Sandor Tot"

Tom in Cincy...what a nice guy you are

Lester...you really need to learn to come out of your shell...lol, loved your sense of fun in your matches

Thierry...dear professor you are a class act

Vicki...so glad to call you friend after all these years

Amanda...you are fearless and are a force to be reckond with but a heart the size of Alaska and definately 24 karat

Cuemage...easygoing sweetie you

9BallGirl...you rock!

UncleRon...you walk softly and carry a big stick and the run out capabilities to prove it

Killerbreak...dude why weren't you in the open?

Pureza...sorry you were not able to join us in time, but your a cool guy and should we ever play man I want the 5 ball.

1950...yah, yah, yah...."I don't want to make a fool of myself practicing in front of you before the tournament" Yeah righteo! I knew you were a shark sir.

Eric...you are too self effacing...don't hide that light under a bushel.

I have some pics from the event that I will be posting on AZB.

Lorri...I feel the irge to channel the Rabbit

Cuemage
09-30-2002, 03:08 PM
Somebody plays hand pool as good as Mike Massey &amp; his initials are VOODOO DADDY! (He ran somethin like 3 racks in a row...even bankin balls)

Sorry 'bout blowin ur action, but the world needs to know!

Tha Cuemage

Tom_In_Cincy
09-30-2002, 07:18 PM
Sorry Harold.. we did not get your fax..

Voodoo Daddy
10-01-2002, 10:35 PM
Cuemage blew my cover...MAN!! Oh well, I shoot better with my finger than with a cue I know that for sure...HAHAHAHAHA!! I promise next time I do that in front of you I'll show you how to draw the rock the table with one finger!!

cueball1950
10-01-2002, 11:38 PM
was nice to finally meet everyone. Maybe next year we can do it again and maybe it will be bigger..........mike