PDA

View Full Version : Boycott Rush!

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 03:25 PM
Boycott Rush update:

(We're closing in on 75,000 supporters in less than 24 hours! And it's working -- multiple advertisers have dropped Rush. Keep it going! Spread the word, and tell people to visit us here at BoycottRush.org)

Send a message to Rush Limbaugh's advertisers: Tell them it's time to stop supporting his anti-woman hate speech.

Even by Rush Limbaugh's own standards, his attacks on Sandra Fluke were outrageous.

Last week, the House of Representatives held a hearing on access to contraception that included no women. Chairman Daryl Issa denied a Georgetown law student, Sandra Fluke, permission to speak on the absurd grounds that the hearing was about religious freedom, not birth control. After Democrats held their own hearing in which Fluke gave passionate, thoughtful testimony about a friend who lost an ovary because she couldn't afford the birth control pills that would have reduced her ovarian cysts, Rush Limbaugh apparently felt the need to weigh in and decided to do so in the shameful, loathsome way that only Rush could. As I could never improve upon the words themselves for a distillation of the soul of Rush Limbaugh, here they are:

"What does that make her (Fluke)? It makes her a slut, right? It makes her a prostitute," he said. "She wants to be paid to have sex. She's having so much sex she can't afford the contraception." (source: Krystal Ball, Huffington Post)

And he didn't stop there:

Not satisfied with simple slander and name-calling, Limbaugh then doubled down on his attacks on Fluke and actually demanded that she post sex tapes online: "So Miss Fluke, and the rest of you Feminazis, here's the deal. If we are going to pay for your contraceptives, and thus pay for you to have sex. We want something for it. We want you post the videos online so we can all watch." (source: Krystal Ball, Huffington Post)

Enough is enough. It is time for Rush Limbaugh's sponsors to stop supporting his hate speech through their advertising dollars.

Sign the petition today, and send them a message. And make sure to spread the word. "Share" this on Facebook, and use the hashtag "#BoycottRush" on Twitter.

Here is a list of the companies we believe to be Rush's advertisers. (Note, things are happening very quickly, so we cannot guarantee right now that these are all current advertisers). We will update these as they react to the "Boycott Rush" movement, or confirm they are no longer supporting him.

<s>AutoZone</s> (UPDATE: They say that they do not sponsor Rush, and that if a commercial was run, it was in error)
Carbonite (UPDATE: The CEO says this is the "worst" outrcy they've ever had over a controversial show, and he has scheduled an in-person meeting with Limbaugh to impress upon him how offensive the comments were. At this point, however, they have not removed their ads)
<s>Century21</s>
<s>Citrix </s>(UPDATE: Citrix has pulled their ads!)
<s>Dominos</s> (Update: Dominos says it is NOT an advertiser with Rush)
<s>eHarmony</s> (UPDATE: eHarmony says it is NOT an advertiser with Rush)
<s>LegalZoom</s> (UPDATE: LegalZoom has confirmed with us directly that it is pulling its ads!)
LendingTree
LifeLock
<s>Oreck</s> (UPDATE: Oreck says it does not now advertise on Rush, but may have had some ads on a while back as part of a broad media buy)
ProFlowers
Sears
<s>Sleep Train</s>: (UPDATE: Victory! They have pulled their ads! -- source)
<s>Sleep Number:</s> (UPDATE: Victory! They have pulled their ads! -- source)
<s>Quicken Loans</s>: (UPDATE: Appears to be a victory here too, as they are reportedly pulling ads as well!)
TaxResolution

(Again, the caveat -- this is the list of advertisers we have compiled from multiple sources, and while we strive to be accurate, we cannot guarantee that every one of them is correct. We will update asap if we discover errors or changes)

Sign the petition here and share it with your friends on facebook, twitter, and by e-mail:
Boycott Rush! (http://leftaction.com/action/boycott-rush)

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 05:23 PM
LMAO! Rush is backpedaling like a madman. Where's all your double down bravado now, Rushie boy? Your advertisers are deserting you as quickly as they can. LOL, I foresee a place alongside Glenn Beck for you.

Rush Apologizes
Saturday, March 3, 2012
Time.com (http://thepage.time.com/2012/03/03/rush-apologizes/#ixzz1o69oK8Mw)

In written statement on his website, Limbaugh writes he "chose the wrong words" and "did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke."

Rush: "My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices."
Read Limbaugh's full statement below.

A Statement from Rush
March 03, 2012

For over 20 years, I have illustrated the absurd with absurdity, three hours a day, five days a week. In this instance, I chose the wrong words in my analogy of the situation. I did not mean a personal attack on Ms. Fluke.

I think it is absolutely absurd that during these very serious political times, we are discussing personal sexual recreational activities before members of Congress. I personally do not agree that American citizens should pay for these social activities. What happened to personal responsibility and accountability? Where do we draw the line? If this is accepted as the norm, what will follow? Will we be debating if taxpayers should pay for new sneakers for all students that are interested in running to keep fit? In my monologue, I posited that it is not our business whatsoever to know what is going on in anyone's bedroom nor do I think it is a topic that should reach a Presidential level.

My choice of words was not the best, and in the attempt to be humorous, I created a national stir. I sincerely apologize to Ms. Fluke for the insulting word choices.

Hey Rush, remember this guy?:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-Bfv_KtQz-pY/TZyljJhqkpI/AAAAAAAAFNk/NKhR6cVXvZg/s400/buh%2Bbye%2Bbeck.jpg

Sev
03-03-2012, 07:38 PM
Highly unlikely.

Nice to see your man enough to accept an individual admitting a mistake and accepting his apology. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 07:54 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Highly unlikely.

Nice to see your man enough to accept an individual admitting a mistake and accepting his apology. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif </div></div>

LMMFAO! You are so funny! His phony apology comes only after he lost a ton of ad sponsors, and now he's really nervous that he may even lose his career like his buddy Beck. Go stick <u>that</u> in your pipe and smoke it! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
03-03-2012, 08:00 PM
Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Yours is merely speculation with no proof of insincerity.

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 08:05 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Perhaps. Perhaps not.

Yours is merely speculation with no proof of insincerity.
</div></div>

Yeah, and yours is merely speculation with absolutely no proof of El Rusho's sincerity. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Sev
03-03-2012, 08:10 PM
Civil individuals generally take an apology at face value until proven otherwise.

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 08:19 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Civil individuals generally take an apology at face value until proven otherwise.

</div></div>

LOL! Don't lecture me on civility. The only civility you and your cronies care for is that which is afforded to you, and in return, you swoop in like seagulls and sh*t on every single person who thinks differently. Sorry my man, but ya gotta give respect to get respect and until you learn that don't expect any from a 'filthy', 'moonbat', 'demokook', liberal like me.

Sev
03-03-2012, 08:21 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Civil individuals generally take an apology at face value until proven otherwise.

</div></div>

LOL! Don't lecture me on civility. The only civility you and your cronies care for is that which is afforded to you, and in return, you swoop in like seagulls and sh*t on every single person who thinks differently. Sorry my man, but ya gotta give respect to get respect and until you learn that don't expect any from a 'filthy', 'moonbat', 'demokook', liberal like me. </div></div>

When did I ever call you any of those things??

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 08:36 PM
[/quote]

[/quote]

You didn't, and that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to the lack of respect and downright contempt shown by right wingers towards all who don't agree with them. But I have a feeling that you already knew that.

eg8r
03-03-2012, 08:43 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was referring to the lack of respect and downright contempt shown by right wingers towards all who don't agree with them. But I have a feeling that you already knew that. </div></div>LOL, you don't like that ugly reflection in your mirror do you? LOL, you are one bitter man.

eg8r

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was referring to the lack of respect and downright contempt shown by right wingers towards all who don't agree with them. But I have a feeling that you already knew that. </div></div>LOL, you don't like that ugly reflection in your mirror do you? LOL, you are one bitter man.

eg8r</div></div>

LOL! I'm flattered by your "man-crush" on me. Your stalking is ample proof that "you love me, YOU REALLY LOVE ME!"

Sev
03-03-2012, 09:15 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> </div></div>

[/quote]

You didn't, and that's not what I was talking about. I was referring to the lack of respect and downright contempt shown by right wingers towards all who don't agree with them. But I have a feeling that you already knew that. [/quote]

Actually I was not sure. Thank you for the clarification.

As if the left is not guilty of what you accuse the right of being.

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Tsk, tsk..People who live in glass houses should not throw stones. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/whistle.gif

Sev
03-03-2012, 09:45 PM
True. The left should not.

DiabloViejo
03-03-2012, 10:19 PM
No one should, but unfortunately neither side is going to call a truce anytime soon.

Hell, it's nothing new..even way back in the 1800's when Grover Cleveland was running against James G. Blaine, the democrats chanted "Blaine, Blaine, James G. Blaine, the continental liar from the state of Maine". The Republicans, having discovered reports that Cleveland had fathered an illegitimate child while he was a lawyer in Buffalo chanted "Ma, Ma, where's my Pa?". And so it goes, to this very day.

Sev
03-04-2012, 04:47 PM
We have nothing on the English.

DiabloViejo
03-04-2012, 07:14 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have nothing on the English. </div></div>

True, but the Taiwanese and Koreans could give everyone the orange crush. Their politicians regularly beat the crap out of each other complete with chairs over each other's heads and more! Hmmm, maybe we should settle every issue with a congressional cage match! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DiabloViejo
03-05-2012, 02:26 AM
On behalf of all real sluts and prostitutes (any of you Christians remember Mary Magdelene?):

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428650_10150596475906275_177486166274_9524583_1000 467130_n.jpg

LWW
03-05-2012, 06:41 AM
So you commit the same sin that you denounce and claim the moral high ground?

Yep ... that's a leftist for you.

Soflasnapper
03-05-2012, 07:03 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> On behalf of all real sluts and prostitutes (any of you Christians remember Mary Magdelene?):

</div></div>

Sure we do, and she was neither of those things. Clearly you must have missed that part of the Da Vinci Code (a true part).

Sev
03-05-2012, 07:06 AM
3 hours and 54 minutes till Rush.

Sev
03-05-2012, 11:41 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Sev</div><div class="ubbcode-body">We have nothing on the English. </div></div>

True, but the Taiwanese and Koreans could give everyone the orange crush. Their politicians regularly beat the crap out of each other complete with chairs over each other's heads and more! Hmmm, maybe we should settle every issue with a congressional cage match! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif </div></div>

I'm down with that.
Now that would great reality TV. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

DiabloViejo
03-05-2012, 02:22 PM
Prostitute? Who is the real prostitute?

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/428027_378794928815421_196601040368145_1426441_109 9293674_n.jpg

DiabloViejo
03-05-2012, 03:35 PM
http://static.selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rush-slop-hog-fluke.jpg

http://static.selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-jabba-hutt.jpg

http://static.selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rush-limbaugh-drugs-cartoon.jpg

http://static.selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rush-flintstone-political-cartoon.jpg

http://static.selfdeprecate.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/rush-gop-leader.jpg

DiabloViejo
03-05-2012, 05:28 PM
This is how a real man apologizes:

YouTube- MSNBC's Ed Schultz apologizes. (http://youtu.be/P1mQS3zxPF4)

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc7/430618_10150597207076275_177486166274_9527166_1362 382415_n.jpg

llotter
03-06-2012, 08:32 AM
As the saying goes, you shouldn't start an argument with those who buy ink by the barrel, as the MSM does, but there comes a time to draw a line in the sand and fight the good fight. I am changing from Carbonite to another backup service and will boycott every other sponsor that drops Limbaugh's show for political reasons. Rush is a truth teller on this issue and many others and I was glad that he didn't toe the PC line by calling out the slut, Sandra Fluke, on her outrageous demands.

I support boycotting generally and this is a great opportunity to find out if the loud voice of the Left can successfully shout down the majority and defeat the truth as they have done for the past several decades. I think the people are beginning to recognize the Media are aligned with a small minority of anti-Americans and hopefully will not continued to be intimidated by them. It is already a very dirty fight because that is the only way the Left knows but I am hopeful that Rush will come stronger than ever.

Qtec
03-06-2012, 08:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rush is a truth teller </div></div>

Not this time. This has been proven.

Q

llotter
03-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Oft repeated by still true, the Left is impervious to the truth.

LWW
03-06-2012, 09:56 AM
Truth is to Snoopy what a Holy water soaked stake is to Dracula.

DiabloViejo
03-06-2012, 02:12 PM
LOL, LWW, the King of Prevaricators calls for "the truth"! /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/5/16/eff47d66-4d9e-449e-9dc0-b8d25c2c5043.jpg

LWW
03-28-2012, 06:03 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DiabloViejo</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Boycott Rush update:

(We're closing in on 75,000 supporters in less than 24 hours! And it's working -- multiple advertisers have dropped Rush. Keep it going! Spread the word, and tell people to visit us here at BoycottRush.org)</div></div>

So how did that work out? (http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/limbaugh-sees-heat-over-comments-turn-down-to-a-simmer/2012/03/28/gIQAspEKhS_story.html)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The dark clouds hanging over Rush Limbaugh appear to be lifting.

Exactly one month after the conservative radio host sparked outrage by calling Georgetown law-school student Sandra Fluke “a slut” and “a prostitute” in a three-day diatribe, stations are standing by him, advertisers are trickling back to his program and the news media have moved on. ...

On Monday, the 600 or so radio stations that air Limbaugh’s program were told by his syndicator, Premiere Radio Networks, to resume running “barter” ads during his program. Stations are required to run these ads in exchange for paying discounted fees to Premiere to air Limbaugh’s show. ...

Limbaugh’s advertising losses may have been less than media accounts suggested. While more than 100 advertisers told Premiere that they didn’t want to be associated with “controversial” radio programs of any kind in the wake of the flap, some of <span style='font-size: 14pt'>these companies weren’t regular Limbaugh sponsors in the first place</span>.

Carusone said most of the advertiser exodus over the past month appeared to be among companies whose ads aired only in regional or local markets, he said. “Fewer than five” nationwide sponsors of the program actually pulled out, he said.

“Contrary to the wishful thinking of the professional special interest groups, reports of sponsors fleeing the ‘Rush Limbaugh Show’ are grossly exaggerated. In fact, the program retains virtually of all its long-term sponsors who continue to have great success” with the show, saidRachel Nelson, spokeswoman for Premiere. ...

Limbaugh’s recovering fortunes may be best exemplified by what hasn’t happened. At the peak of the controversy in early March, two small stations — in western Massachusetts and Hilo, Hawaii — said that they would drop his program. Since then, no other station has said it will take him off the air, dashing the hopes of MoveOn.org, a liberal group whose ongoing petition drive seeks Limbaugh’s removal from 180 stations. ...</div></div>

Oh, the humanity!

eg8r
03-29-2012, 09:01 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">So how did that work out?
</div></div>You act like this is the end. I personally think it is only the beginning should Rush continue to act this way. Do you think if he makes the mistake again there will be minimal impact? I don't. I think it will come down harder. The difference between Rush and Beck is that Beck was the relative newcomer and did not have as many roots as Rush. That, however, does not mean Rush cannot be uprooted.

I personally feel if he doesn't change his ways, enough to not piss people off this much, then he will end up like Beck which was the fairy tale fantasy of those behind this initial boycott.

eg8r

llotter
03-29-2012, 11:34 AM
Rush told the truth so it would be a mistake for him to 'change his ways'. Fluke is a slut and deserves no better than sluts deserve when they testify before a bunch of lefties (also sluts) in Congress.

We seem to be experiencing a perfect storm of mistakes from the Left that just might have big consequences on their ability to influence on world affairs. Virtually everything they've touched in the recent past is turning to sh*t and it is in plain view for everyone to see and judge for themselves. Suddenly everything heard from the megaphone wielding leftists is being subjected to heavy scrutiny and when that happens, the shallowness of their position becomes self-evident and open to mockery.

Fluke, Keystone, OWS, Solyndra, Zimmerman, Medvedev, Green energy, Afghanistan, North Africa, Iraq....etc etc etc.

It is thanks to conservative talk radio and maybe Fox to some degree that the usually silent majority and finally speaking up and calling out the lefties in the media and elsewhere.

Soflasnapper
03-29-2012, 11:36 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Among the stations sticking with Limbaugh is WMAL AM-FM in Washington, one of several big-city Limbaugh stations owned by Cumulus Media. Cumulus is syndicating Huckabee’s program, yet the company isn’t moving Limbaugh aside for its own program on its stations.</div></div>

YET!!! MH's show isn't due for a while still. That they haven't announced they'll use him as a replacement, it may still be the case, as RHL typically commands a $1 million dollar annual royalty fee (whatever it is) from major market stations, significantly saving Cumulus if they use their own owned program (MH) instead.

Agreeing with eg8r as well, considering RHL was already down some 30% in ratings year over year prior to this imbroglio, the question of his continuing viability (esp. with that large annual fee) remains in doubt, IMO. Especially as his elderly white male audience declines as a part of the population, and non-whites and females more predominate.

llotter
03-29-2012, 11:49 AM
I think Rush's ratings have improved substantially since the attack on him started and I believe that the advertisers that left him are losing business so it looks like this backfired on the Left.

eg8r
03-29-2012, 12:07 PM
You are really more a detriment to your cause than an asset. Your second sentence is proof that evolution really hasn't come as far as some people think.

eg8r

llotter
03-29-2012, 12:35 PM
I thought that sort of attack was reserved for the witless lefties so maybe your status in there eyes will go up a notch.

Soflasnapper
03-29-2012, 01:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rush told the truth so it would be a mistake for him to 'change his ways'. Fluke is a slut and deserves no better than sluts deserve when they testify before a bunch of lefties (also sluts) in Congress.

We seem to be experiencing a perfect storm of mistakes from the Left that just might have big consequences on their ability to influence on world affairs. Virtually everything they've touched in the recent past is turning to sh*t and it is in plain view for everyone to see and judge for themselves. Suddenly everything heard from the megaphone wielding leftists is being subjected to heavy scrutiny and when that happens, the shallowness of their position becomes self-evident and open to mockery.

Fluke, Keystone, OWS, Solyndra, Zimmerman, Medvedev, Green energy, Afghanistan, North Africa, Iraq....etc etc etc.

It is thanks to conservative talk radio and maybe Fox to some degree that the usually silent majority and finally speaking up and calling out the lefties in the media and elsewhere.
</div></div>

I find this ahistorical and somewhat incoherent, as it's about 180 degrees wrong, imv.

For, conservative talk radio and Fox have been around for 20 years or more in the first case, 14 years or so in the latter, and they haven't done anything differently now than always, really.

Despite their running away from the last 8 years' presidency that they adored and backed to the hilt until the handwriting was long on the wall (later than that, in some cases), and the now-frantic rebranding of their erstwhile hero as an apostate liberal or something, I think it's abundantly clear to most Americans whose agenda has collapsed in a fiery crash.

Fluke? The American people pretty overwhelmingly agree, at 2-1 rates, that contraception should be legal and a covered service under insurance. Conservatives are reaching back to before Griswald, which predates Roe and provides the privacy reasoning, in a massive turn-back-the-clock-decades effort that most people do not find acceptable.

An actual leftist position on Afghanistan, Libya, now Syria and Iran, would be against this administration's policies, so your listing them as Obama's wrong policies would be correctly decrying a CONSERVATIVE (so-called, apologies to Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul branches of that term), or at least national security state kind of foreign policy.

Which party's senators have called for the disclosure of how the Patiot Act's provisions are being abused in secret? Two Democrats, more leaning to the left than the right. The right's cohort in the Congress? Crickets.

eg8r
03-29-2012, 01:47 PM
Maybe it does, maybe it doesn't. The worst part about all of it is that you are still you and nothing will change.

eg8r

LWW
03-30-2012, 03:35 AM
Following this, all O-cultists should be placed on suicide watch:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I have been, over the course of the past month... And this is inside baseball stuff, but you people have been so terrific during this past month. Normally this is a question I wouldn't answer, but I'm going to answer it 'cause I'm being peppered constantly. "What have your ratings been since that whole Fluke thing happened?" And normally I don't talk about them in specifics because in the ethics of the broadcast business you don't do it. You don't do
anything that would artificially affect them and there are penalties if you get too specific about methodology and so forth. It's enough to say: Most listened to radio talk show in the country ever, and it's unlikely to ever be topped.

That's enough to say.

But I'll just answer the question this way. In the past month... Radio ratings are taken many different ways. They're broken down in almost impossibly humorous ways. For example, if I wanted to, I could probably make the case that I am the number one show among one-armed amputees at the corner of whatever and whatever in SoHo on Friday afternoons in the third hour. If I wanted to make that claim, I'm sure I could find it in there. But the simple answer is that <span style='font-size: 14pt'>on the range of all 600 radio stations, our ratings are up anywhere from 10% to 60%, depending on the station. </span>

And that's as detailed as I'm going to get. What I mean by that is we could be up 33% on one station, 12% on another, and 60% is the top that we're up on another. We're up 50% in a number of places. <span style='font-size: 14pt'>The advertisers who hung in here are going gangbusters, yes. I mean, that's the simple truth. The only ones who got hurt are the ones who left. And that's its own tragedy because they left under false, trumped up, unreal pretenses.</span> I don't want to relive that. I just wanted to answer the question without getting too specific, because everybody's asking about it.

And it's a way of thanking you, too. </div></div>
<span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'><span style='font-size: 26pt'>THIS IS AN OUTRAGE! (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/daily/2012/03/29/because_you_asked_our_ratings_are_up)</span></span>

llotter
03-30-2012, 08:06 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Soflasnapper</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Rush told the truth so it would be a mistake for him to 'change his ways'. Fluke is a slut and deserves no better than sluts deserve when they testify before a bunch of lefties (also sluts) in Congress.

</div></div>

I find this ahistorical and somewhat incoherent, as it's about 180 degrees wrong, imv.

For, conservative talk radio and Fox have been around for 20 years or more in the first case, 14 years or so in the latter, and they haven't done anything differently now than always, really.

Despite their running away from the last 8 years' presidency that they adored and backed to the hilt until the handwriting was long on the wall (later than that, in some cases), and the now-frantic rebranding of their erstwhile hero as an apostate liberal or something, I think it's abundantly clear to most Americans whose agenda has collapsed in a fiery crash.

Fluke? The American people pretty overwhelmingly agree, at 2-1 rates, that contraception should be legal and a covered service under insurance. Conservatives are reaching back to before Griswald, which predates Roe and provides the privacy reasoning, in a massive turn-back-the-clock-decades effort that most people do not find acceptable.

An actual leftist position on Afghanistan, Libya, now Syria and Iran, would be against this administration's policies, so your listing them as Obama's wrong policies would be correctly decrying a CONSERVATIVE (so-called, apologies to Pat Buchanan and Ron Paul branches of that term), or at least national security state kind of foreign policy.

Which party's senators have called for the disclosure of how the Patiot Act's provisions are being abused in secret? Two Democrats, more leaning to the left than the right. The right's cohort in the Congress? Crickets. </div></div>

It does take a decade of two to educate or re-educate the public especially when they have been indoctrinated for decades with left-leaning views. But what removed that process from the theoretical and jelled it in the minds of millions was the reality of the leftists in the current administration. No longer was it tolerating the slowly warming water but the shock of scalding waters of large scale government takeovers, regulations,impositions and usurpations that motivated the Tea Party across the country and significant changes in the Congressional makeup.

Typical of the Left, you mischaracterize the issue of religious freedom by directing it toward contraception as though though the 1st Amendment has to be set aside when a slut needs to be protected from the consequences her illicit pastime (forgetting the abortion pill).

Yes, liberals always like to stake out the anti-war 'high ground' but at the same time, they hate to be viewed as the weak sissies that they are, so liberals don't shy from becoming bullies on the world stage The Moron is no exception. And yes, there is a make-believe conflict between the sissies and the sissy war mongers but they all understand that avoiding the sissy moniker sometimes means acting strong.

eg8r
03-30-2012, 08:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It's enough to say: Most listened to radio talk show in the country ever, and it's unlikely to ever be topped.

That's enough to say.
</div></div>He could not be any more correct although he is misleading on purpose. That probably was the most listened to time in history however it was NOT in support of Rush. I honestly believe it was more like people who stop to watch accident victims on the highway. People were tuning in to see how far Rush was willing to go.

Now to answer the part of why it will never be topped, that is because Rush doesn't have the spine to do it again. He knows he went to far and the advertising money lost was probably an eye opener to those impacted and they let Rush know it will not happen again or he will be on Satellite radio with the other idiot Howard Stern.

eg8r

LWW
03-30-2012, 04:03 PM
Sorry ... but leftists absolutely will not listen to RL even if you put a gun to their children's heads.

Soflasnapper
03-30-2012, 05:45 PM
So you think Rush is a credible source for this? No self interest bias possible? Interesting, but naive.

Soflasnapper
03-30-2012, 05:50 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LWW</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry ... but leftists absolutely will not listen to RL even if you put a gun to their children's heads. </div></div>

Not true. He's used as a DEW line by many leaning left, to keep up with the latest right wing line of the day. He's an early adapter of the blast fax points that go out daily, so you can get them during the day, rather than having to wait for the Fox opinion hosts' spewing the same later in the evening.

If you look into it, even Rush acknowledges that some significant minority of his listeners do not agree with him, and listen for that DEW effect or something else. In fact, he claims listening to his show is media prep, for the SCLMSM, who of course don't agree with him.

eg8r
03-30-2012, 08:26 PM
I disagree. There are plenty of lefties that listen to him. Just listen to him start talking over the callers. Those cannot possibly all be righties that he vehemently disagrees with.

eg8r

hondo
03-30-2012, 10:32 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You are really more a detriment to your cause than an asset. Your second sentence is proof that evolution really hasn't come as far as some people think.

eg8r </div></div>

Well, I do have to admit you insult both sides. The "hick in WV" approves of those comments, little eggie. For once you were dead on. /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif /forums/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/laugh.gif

hondo
03-30-2012, 10:33 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that sort of attack was reserved for the witless lefties so maybe your status in there eyes will go up a notch. </div></div>

It did indeed. And he was dead on, lotter.

LWW
03-31-2012, 04:00 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hondo</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I thought that sort of attack was reserved for the witless lefties so maybe your status in there eyes will go up a notch. </div></div>

It did indeed. And he was dead on, lotter. </div></div>

Confession os good for your soul.