PDA

View Full Version : Obama: 'Decent Folks' Don't Call Women Sluts

Qtec
03-07-2012, 02:17 AM
Obama: 'Decent Folks' Don't Call Women Sluts (http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/david/obama-decent-folks-dont-call-women-sluts)
<span style='font-size: 14pt'>

No Teleprompter. </span>

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>Obama shows his class.</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">President Barack Obama on Tuesday said that conservative radio host Rush Limbaugh's remarks about a Georgetown University law student "don't have any place in the public discourse."

Limbaugh recently apologized for calling Sandra Fluke a “slut” and a “prostitute” after she testified before Congress about the need for contraception coverage at colleges and universities, even if they are owned by religious institutions.

<span style='font-size: 14pt'>"I don' know what's in Rush Limbaugh's heart so I'm not going to comment on the sincerity of his apology," the president told reporters during a Tuesday press conference. "All decent folks can agree that the remarks that were made don't have any place in the public discourse."</span>

"The reason that I called Ms. Fluke is I thought about [my daughters] Malia and Sasha, and one of the things I want them to do as they get older is to engage in issues they care about, even ones I may not agree with them on. I want them to be able to speak their mind in a civil, thoughtful way. And I don't want them attacked or called horrible names because they are being good citizens. And I wanted Sandra to know that I thought her parents should be proud of her."

Obama added: <span style='font-size: 14pt'>"We want to send a message to all our young people that being part of democracy involves argument and disagreements and debate, and we want you to be engaged and there's a way to do it <u>that doesn't involve you being demeaned and insulted, particularly when you're a private citizen.</u>" </span></div></div>

Bingo.

Its the usual 'kill the messenger' strategy from the Right.

Well done Mr President.

Q

eg8r
03-07-2012, 07:43 AM
I agree with Obama on this. Rush had no business saying what he did. There are other ways of describing the situation then going for shock and awe like he did.

eg8r

llotter
03-07-2012, 08:33 AM
As Santorum said in his speech last evening, half of the citizens are now dependent on the state for their welfare and with Obamacare, that 50% will become 100% in short order. So, as the Left takes over our lives, politeness should not be the order of the day and Rush is Right to call a spade a spade in no uncertain terms. In the 'good old days' when a baby was born to single or unwed parents, that baby was labeled a 'bastard' and was forever forced to carry that pejorative moniker. That was at a time before it was decided, largely by the Left, that in the name of 'fairness' both single parents and their bastard child must be held up as exemplars of modern society. And thus, we are now stuck with a illegitimate birthrate of 40%, twice the rate of 1980 and eight times the rate of 1960 and along with it, all the socially destructive consequences.

Being polite in the face of an assault on our liberty is downright stupid, even as the face of that assault is a not so innocent 30 year old college student.

Qtec
03-07-2012, 08:42 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In the 'good old days' when a baby was born to single or unwed parents, that baby was labeled [ labelled ] a 'bastard' and was forever forced to carry that pejorative moniker. </div></div>

You sound like one of the religious RW. LOL

Q

Qtec
03-07-2012, 08:44 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">As Santorum said in his speech last evening, half of the citizens are now dependent on the state for their welfare and with Obamacare, that 50% will become 100% in short order. So, as <u>the Left takes over our lives,</u> </div></div>

Pray tell us how Obama has taken over your life.

Q

llotter
03-07-2012, 09:24 AM
without his teleprompter, The Moron show just how effing dumb he is. It's cute to watch the mutual admiration society of the Left go around congratulating each other on how smart they are.

llotter
03-07-2012, 09:29 AM
Methinks that Fluke is going to be forced to live with the much deserved 'slut' label for a very long time.

Soflasnapper
03-07-2012, 10:10 AM
More cause of action, then, for her righteously huge slander suit.

eg8r
03-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Let's be honest...you support a murderer. Your opinion means nothing in discussions like this.

eg8r

eg8r
03-07-2012, 02:40 PM
Well he has definitely caused insurance rates to go up. If left alone I will also be paying for teenagers to run around and sleep with whomever because idiots like you think the government should save them instead of their parents.

eg8r

llotter
03-07-2012, 03:47 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's be honest...you support a murderer. Your opinion means nothing in discussions like this.

eg8r </div></div>

Exactly how shallow can you be? I sanction killing those who kill for a living, as any moral person should.

llotter
03-07-2012, 03:53 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Well he has definitely caused insurance rates to go up. If left alone I will also be paying for teenagers to run around and sleep with whomever because idiots like you think the government should save them instead of their parents.

eg8r </div></div>

You heard The Moron. Those prophylactic services must be provided for free by the insurance companies. At His command, comes something for nothing. Why He doesn't simply command perpetual motion and our energy problems would disappear.

Soflasnapper
03-07-2012, 03:58 PM
No, they will not be 'free,' just 'free of charging extra' for them (as their cost will be reflected in the overall premium charges).

However, that 'extra charge' for that 'expense' will have a minus in front of it, as expanding coverage in this way will cost them LESS than the results of not expanding it.

However, you do have a point about the perpetual motion, perhaps not realizing your own point.

That is, Obama ought to assert eminent domain, or ask Congress to vote eminent domain, over the energy technologies bought up and taken off the market by the energy companies, including the 'over-unity' devices.

Yes, it interferes with private enterprise, and contractual paid arrangements (at least in the cases where they bought the patents, as opposed to killing the inventors), but for a far greater societal purpose than the seizures of lands under eminent domain for making roads, or as under the Keohlo decision, for private enterprise reasons.

eg8r
03-07-2012, 08:52 PM
I would never stoop to your level if that is what you are asking.

eg8r

Qtec
03-08-2012, 12:28 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: llotter</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eg8r</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Let's be honest...you support a murderer. Your opinion means nothing in discussions like this.

eg8r </div></div>

Exactly how shallow can you be? I sanction killing those who kill for a living, as any moral person should. </div></div>

James Kopp, The Lambs of Christ. Just making sure there is enough Choirboys to ..............satisfy demand.

Q