PDA

View Full Version : This is the GOP on Rush.

Qtec
03-07-2012, 02:43 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican reaction to Rush Limbaugh calling Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and a "prostitute" has ranged from describing his comments as a regrettable word choice to outright condemnation.

But Rep. Michele Bachmann (R-Minn.) refused to comment on the subject when CNN pressed her on it four times Tuesday.

"He's taken care of the issue," Bachmann said, referencing the apology Limbaugh issued on his website and Facebook page Sunday night.

When CNN reporter Carol Costello continued to press her to condemn the comments, Bachmann switched the subject to international affairs, calling the Fluke story a "little, pinprick issue" when compared with the threat of terrorism. </div></div>

video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=jI50re2ihhA)

Why are they all scared of an entertainer?

Q

eg8r
03-07-2012, 07:48 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why are they all scared of an entertainer?
</div></div>
What is all this "they" garbage? Are you aware that the word "they" is plural and Michele Backmann is only one person?

The beginning sentence in your quote completely contradicts what you have said.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Republican reaction to Rush Limbaugh calling Georgetown law student Sandra Fluke a "slut" and a "prostitute" has ranged from describing his comments as a regrettable word choice to outright condemnation.
</div></div>That sure doesn't sound like a group of people acting scared.

As far as why some might be scared, the reason is that they probably recognize Rush's "pull" in the Republican party and don't want to get on his bad side. Rush has completely capsized yet so people are walking on egg shells around him. I think it is sad, but instead of being decent and calling him out for saying those things they are looking out for their job instead.

eg8r

llotter
03-07-2012, 08:40 AM
Republicans are feckless, weak-kneed 'politicians' (in the worst sense of the work) who lack the spine to support Rush. The Democrats and their sycophants in the MSM are overwhelming them with unified attacks and the Reps., without and grounding simply know not what to do and so simply surrender.

Qtec
03-07-2012, 09:20 AM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What is all this "they" garbage? Are you aware that the word "they" is plural and Michele Backmann is only one person? </div></div>

Try and keep up. I have already posted many examples of the inadequate response from the Republican leadership. This is just another CLASSIC example of a Rep Pres candidate refusing to answer a question.
Point blank refusing to condemn Limpdick for his disgusting 3 day rant/attack on on someone who dared to say something he disagrees with.

What did Romney say about it?

What did Santorum say about it?

Did they condemn him?

Q

Qtec
03-07-2012, 09:43 AM
Last night, at his Super Tuesday victory party in Boston, Romney was asked again for his thoughts on Limbaugh’s attacks and said only, “My campaign is about jobs and the economy and scaling back the size of government and I’m not going to weigh in on that particular controversy.” (http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/03/07/439483/romney-limbaugh-fail/)

Q

Soflasnapper
03-07-2012, 10:07 AM
The Tea Party types and/or other r-wingers (the GOP red hot base) have always liked Rush, respect him, and consider him to speak the unvarnished truth that they don't think politicians will.

Polling shows these groups as Rush's most admiring and approving political group. And it's the politically active grass roots base of the party.

Any mere politician of whatever high conservative rating loses a credibility contest with Rush (who has never made any controversial vote the base doesn't like). Party regular conservatives have seen their fellow regulars primaried and out of office before their general re-election occurs, when they get crosswise with the TPrs and/or Rush's fan base. Even such a figure as Utah's Bennett, pretty much a rock-ribbed conservative.

Only a man like Rep. Dr. Ron Paul has the purity of standing, and the 'who cares?' nonchalance, plus not running for office after this bid, to be so bold as to cross this still highly influential person.

eg8r
03-07-2012, 02:37 PM
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Try and keep up. I have already posted many examples</div></div>Sorry dillhole, I only respond to the thread you opened and then commented on. You chose to open your mouth and I should you why that was a stupid idea. You said many and then talked about one person. You said they are scared yet your author says differently. LOL, you don't even comprehend your own side of the discussion.

eg8r

eg8r
03-07-2012, 02:38 PM
Good for Romney. There is no reason for him to respond.

eg8r